Happy 42nd Birthday to Rush's best, brightest, and most metal album!

farewell-to-kings-cover-600x600.jpg

Can't we find the minds to lead us

Closer to the heart?

• Like 7

This one will always have a special place in my heart. My first "new release" Rush purchase. Safe to say it did not disappoint...
  • Like 4

The next one is the most metal. The best and brightest came after that one.

Hard disagree, but that's okay! :)

• Like 2

There's a 2007 book titled 'Top 100 Canadian Albums' written by music journalist Bob Mersereau.

Moving Pictures, 2112. and A Farewell To Kings are mentioned on the list.

I submitted scans of these write ups that Ed at Rushisaband posted and John at Cygnus X-1 compiled.

Check it out here.

I wasn't aware of how huge the scans turned out to be when viewed at 100%. I recommend adjusting the zoom rate to 30% from the .pdf file to be read in full on the page.

Even Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys gives kudos to the album as being his number 1 favorite with the following comment.

Rush - A Farewell to Kings: '''Closer To The Heart' is on there, for f**k's sake!"

Edited by RushFanForever

I'm a little jealous, as AFTK has never resonated as powerfully with me as the other undisputed classics. I'm missing out. I'm not saying I don't like it, but I don't love it in the way I love PW or Hemispheres.
  • Like 1

I'm a little jealous, as AFTK has never resonated as powerfully with me as the other undisputed classics. I'm missing out. I'm not saying I don't like it, but I don't love it in the way I love PW or Hemispheres.

You, me and Rick fall in together here. When I read the high praise as it being RUSH's masterpiece, I'm :unsure:
  • Like 2