Least Favorite Rush Album

Lorraine

Man im really gonna piss some people off about this but its honestly my least favorite(s)

it's either 2112, or power windows

2112 only has Lessons and Passage to Bangkok, all the other songs are pretty mediocre

Power windows only has Territories, and the rest are mediocre but not as mediocre as 2112's other mediocre songs

Counterparts is pretty bad in my opinion compared to other Rush albums but it's noticeably better than 2112 and Power Windows

What also really pisses people off is my top 4 Rush albums are (in order): Hold Your Fire, Vapor Trails (2002 version, 2012 remix is disgusting), Caress of Steel, and Presto

I don't like 2112 either.

Man im really gonna piss some people off about this but its honestly my least favorite(s)

it's either 2112, or power windows

2112 only has Lessons and Passage to Bangkok, all the other songs are pretty mediocre

Power windows only has Territories, and the rest are mediocre but not as mediocre as 2112's other mediocre songs

Counterparts is pretty bad in my opinion compared to other Rush albums but it's noticeably better than 2112 and Power Windows

What also really pisses people off is my top 4 Rush albums are (in order): Hold Your Fire, Vapor Trails (2002 version, 2012 remix is disgusting), Caress of Steel, and Presto

I don’t think it really pisses anyone off. It’d surprise many though

I don't get upset about other people's opinions...but saying 2112 is not good doesn't make any sense to me as a Rush fan. That album was the cornerstone of my development as a fan, most especially because of the title track. Frankly it was the cornerstone of my becoming a progressive rock fan, the benchmark against which all other epics are held.

So I'm not upset, I'm just confused.

• Like 4

My "least fave" is Test for Echo but I like it better than I used to... plus it's got "Driven", "Totem", and "Half the World"...

Oh no...could a good friend of mine on this forum who has an opinion that runs counter to mine (positive comments about Test For Echo, no less- it is worse than my ‘least fave’; I just flat don’t like it)...actually cause me to re-evaluate it? To seek it out, and listen to it again?? Horrors!

Film at 11...

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

I don't get upset about other people's opinions...but saying 2112 is not good doesn't make any sense to me as a Rush fan. That album was the cornerstone of my development as a fan, most especially because of the title track. Frankly it was the cornerstone of my becoming a progressive rock fan, the benchmark against which all other epics are held.

Well i understand that it's the album that got Rush freedom to do whatever due to its's success but I'm not going to actively say I like a album only because It sold well when I actually don't enjoy listening to it as much as other Rush albums. Dont get me wrong, its a great album but compared to Rush's other stuff it's less than stellar

• Like 1

Vapor Trails (2002 version, 2012 remix is disgusting)

Agreed

WOAH someone else who agrees thats a rare sight now to become blood brothers; is you favorite Metallica album unironically St. Anger?

No no no :LOL:

My "least fave" is Test for Echo but I like it better than I used to... plus it's got "Driven", "Totem", and "Half the World"...

Oh no...could a good friend of mine on this forum who has an opinion that runs counter to mine (positive comments about Test For Echo, no less- it is worse than my ‘least fave’; I just flat don’t like it)...actually cause me to re-evaluate it? To seek it out, and listen to it again?? Horrors!

Film at 11...

....AAAND, back to you in the studio. :LOL:

• Like 1

Well i understand that it's the album that got Rush freedom to do whatever due to its's success but I'm not going to actively say I like a album only because It sold well when I actually don't enjoy listening to it as much as other Rush albums. Dont get me wrong, its a great album but compared to Rush's other stuff it's less than stellar

I’m not confused that you don’t think it’s worth liking just because it’s an important album. I’m just confused that you don’t like it, or that you find it less than stellar compared with other Rush albums. To me it’s quintessential Rush.

I’m not confused that you don’t think it’s worth liking just because it’s an important album. I’m just confused that you don’t like it, or that you find it less than stellar compared with other Rush albums. To me it’s quintessential Rush.

But not everyone is like you and shares your musical taste and opinions. Surely you know that! :)

But not everyone is like you and shares your musical taste and opinions. Surely you know that! :)

I know, but I’m always surprised to find Rush fans who don’t like 2112.

• Like 4

I feel the same way about Xanadu, yet there are more than a few Rush fans who really don't like the song.

When you love something, you want everyone else to as well.

• Like 1

I feel the same way about Xanadu, yet there are more than a few Rush fans who really don't like the song.

When you love something, you want everyone else to as well.

The album called Lorraine Flies the Nest, it's in the vaults and was recorded back in 1979.

• Like 1

Has to be Caress of Steel for me. I like it as an album but it's the one I listen to the least.

It's weird, because if I had to rate it I'd say it was better than Test for Echo, but I listen to that more. Am I the only one who LOVES Dog Years? :drool:

Edited by Smegger68

Has to be Caress of Steel for me. I like it as an album but it's the one I listen to the least.

It's weird, because if I had to rate it I'd say it was better than Test for Echo, but I listen to that more. Am I the only one who LOVES Dog Years? :drool:

I think Dog Years is great, but then again I like Test For Echo. To me Test For Echo is on level with Hold Your Fire & Presto. Very good albums just shy of being really great Rush albums.

• Like 2

I like RTB, but it's probably my least favorite because most of the songs sound uninspired; there isn't much emotional weight to much of the album. Dreamline, RTB and Where's My Thing (YYZ Lite) are my favorites from the album, but still not classics. The band sleepwalks through Face Up, The Big Wheel, Neurotica and You Bet Your Life. And songs that have a little more depth to them like Heresy and Ghost Of A Chance aren't that good--Bravado is decent though.

It's ironic, because RTB helped get me back into Rush after they were fading from my radar due to my lack of enthusiasm from HYF and Presto (I was pretty absorbed with metal in highschool, although I dug ASOH upon its release), but RTB is my least listened to Rush album anymore.

My least favorite RUSH album is 'Working Men'.

I especially loath the cover because there's no men 'working on the highway' in the photo.

To quote Bruce Springsteen, in relation to the above.

Working on the highway, laying down the blacktop

Working on the highway, all day long I don't stop

Working on the highway, blasting through the bedrock

Working on the highway, working on the highway

The cover photo looks deserted with a 'crawling king snake' slithering across the highway instead. 'Copperhead road' maybe.

Edited by RushFanForever

I freaking love that tune. IT ROCKS DA HOUSE!!!!

And the bridge is epic, classic Rush.

"I'd rather be a tortoise from Galapagos or a span of geological time" Freaking amazing line and amazing Rush moment in a song IMO. So freaking good. The grooves and riffs on that tune sizzle.

WTF is wrong with people who trash that rocker!!! UNDERRATED!!!!

:drool: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

My least favorite RUSH album is 'Working Men'.

I especially loath the cover because there's no men 'working on the highway' in the photo.

To quote Bruce Springsteen, in relation to the above.

Working on the highway, laying down the blacktop

Working on the highway, all day long I don't stop

Working on the highway, blasting through the bedrock

Working on the highway, working on the highway

The cover photo looks deserted with a 'crawling king snake' slithering across the highway instead. 'Copperhead road' maybe.

Always loved the cover for that. Was never ever to find the poster. I'd make room to hang that.

I thought that was Atlantic's attempt at making their Exit... Stage Left by compiling tracks and artwork from the first three post-hiatus live albums. Have to admit I don't really listen to it at all, but sometimes I'll put it on since it's the only place to find the R30 version of One Little Victory.

I prefer Feedback to Test For Echo.

So, easy. T4E. Never been a fan.