Least Favorite Rush Album

Lorraine

Even my least favorite Rush album - Vapor Trails - has two of Rush's best songs on it - Secret Touch and Ghost Rider.

There's no real disaster album for me when it comes to Rush. Every album has at least two redeeming songs on it that make the album worthwhile.

Hahaha! So easy L.

"Vape Errrrrrr Trash Pails"

• Like 1

I'll admit my patience and attention span isn't what it used to be when I was younger and my taste in music has changed a bit but you couldn't pay me to sit and listen to Clockwork or Snakes start to finish. Or Vapor Trails. They're all too long and too dense (or in the case of Snakes, plodding and monotonous) to get through end to end.

Easily Clockwork Angels, half of which is utter brilliance, the other half totally meh. Not good enough for this band and the only album can honestly say even slightly below par

I like at least a few songs on all of their albums, but Presto is it for me. Loved show dont tell when I first heard it (still do) but the others arent great. I think the production has alot to do with it. I think if some of those albums starting with PoW had a harder edge/organic production, they would have been much better. I think the production (I said production, not songs) on Counter Parts was a major step up and back into form for them. YMMV of course.

Snakes has no repeat listening value. Aside from Far Cry and a couple of the instrumentals, there's little there that makes me excited about wanting to put the CD on again. Thus why mid tempo acoustic dirges sung poorly about why Neil hates religion other people and the world is a mean terrible place was a bad idea for an album lol
  • Like 1

The thing about Snakes is most of the songs are good to very good individually but there are so many midtempo tracks in a row that it's hard to listen to it front to back.

I hated Snakes when I first heard it. Then a TRF member (looking at you, Rugen) shamed :facepalm: me into giving it another listen. So I did. Snakes has about five songs on it that I love.

VaporTrails,original mix, because it gave me a not so favourite headache.Remix was a vast improvement although some of the songwriting was still ordinary.

The thing about Snakes is most of the songs are good to very good individually but there are so many midtempo tracks in a row that it's hard to listen to it front to back.

I hated Snakes when I first heard it. Then a TRF member (looking at you, Rugen) shamed :facepalm: me into giving it another listen. So I did. Snakes has about five songs on it that I love.

When I heard Snakes for the first time, I hated it. But it really took repeated listens for me to truly despise it. (Far Cry excepted. )

• Like 1

When I heard Snakes for the first time, I hated it. But it really took repeated listens for me to truly despise it. (Far Cry excepted. )

Give it another listen!

Give it another listen!

Who knows, I might, there are plenty of good online thesauruses I could use to describe the experience.

• Like 1

Give it another listen!

Who knows, I might, there are plenty of good online thesauruses I could use to describe the experience.

That's the spirit! :cheers:

Give it another listen!

I guess it would be cheaper than spending money on renting an hour in a sensory deprivation tank.

• Like 1

Give it another listen!

I guess it would be cheaper than spending money on renting an hour in a sensory deprivation tank.

giphy.gif