"Special Look" Teaser Trailer - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Principled Man

Yeah, I'll add another pea shooter to the fleet defending The Last Jedi; I liked it; my son liked it; I've even watched it again, voluntarily.

This looks cool -- but I bet you a shiny dime the Rey thing is some sort of false vision (like Luke's in the cave on Dagobah . . .)

Yeah, not a chance Disney will smash the dreams of their new fanbase of little girls by turning Rey to the Dark Side...also, I don't see that making any sense in her character arc.

She has little reason to turn to the Dark Side. She has shown virtually no desire for power, revenge, or any other vice.

I think she'll pull through!

Agreed, it would be totally out of character for her,

I enjoyed The Force Awakens quite a bit.

Rogue One was really good.

The Last Jedi was a steaming pile of dog vomit.

Solo was not bad.

I agree with all of that except that I thought the Solo flick was very forgettable. Not bad, but not good either. I could’ve skipped it.

I did skip it, as it was not a Han Solo film. It was a shameless money grab, which featured a total stranger trying to impersonate Han Solo.

Of course it was a Solo film. It just wasn’t a very good one.

The prequels were Star Wars and whatshisname was Anakin...it’s just that none of them were very good either.

Money grab? It’s been a money grab since 1977!

Solo was not bad.

I agree with all of that except that I thought the Solo flick was very forgettable. Not bad, but not good either. I could’ve skipped it.

I did skip it, as it was not a Han Solo film. It was a shameless money grab, which featured a total stranger trying to impersonate Han Solo.

The prequels were Star Wars and whatshisname was Anakin...it’s just that none of them were very good either.

Even when I saw Jedi as a 5th grader, I was like - "This is just like the first movie!"

• Like 1

Solo was not bad.

It was so BLAND. And his girlfriend made no sense. Again - they failed to establish the character properly. It would've worked better as a pilot for a series on Netflix.

Solo was not bad.

Even when I saw Jedi as a 5th grader, I was like - "This is just like the first movie!"

I was in 6th grade when I saw Jedi with two of my older bros. They took me to the cinema instead of going to church as we had told mom we were going to do. I was like, "This sure beats church!" :LOL: One of my elder bros instructed me, "Now, as far as mom knows, we went to church" as we drove through the church parking lot and on to the theater. Shady character that bro. :LOL:

• Like 1

The SW reboots are becoming “every other” in terms of quality for me like the Craig 007 and Star Trek movies so I’m optimistic for this one.

“Reboots”?

You could make a case for R1 since it’s before New Hope.

Your dictionary’s definition of “reboot” is different from mine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reboot_(fiction)

Without a doubt, “Amazing Spider-Man” with Garfield is a reboot of the 2002-2007 Spidey flicks with Maguire.

The SW reboots are becoming “every other” in terms of quality for me like the Craig 007 and Star Trek movies so I’m optimistic for this one.

“Reboots”?

:goodone:

sequel or prequel =/= reboot

• Like 1

“Reboots”?

:goodone:

sequel or prequel =/= reboot

Star Wars is currently at 4-4 with me.

The spin offs, 1-1.

No reboots yet. I don’t like half of the Star Wars stuff but I’d never want reboots done. Just keep going or stop entirely.

• Like 1

I missed out on Thursday night tickets, so Friday night will have to do!! 12-20-2019!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qn_spdM5Zg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

I've seen by watching the Star Wars: Episode IX - the Rise of Skywalker trailers, and going by them, I think they've looked like it'll be a very good movie.

I've read the spoilers - which ahve been mostly vetted out by what I've seen in the trailer. Maybe I shouldn't have. I'm disappointed.

Of course I will go opening night. I've done that for every SW film since ROTJ. But still.... meh.

I've read the spoilers - which ahve been mostly vetted out by what I've seen in the trailer. Maybe I shouldn't have. I'm disappointed.

Of course I will go opening night. I've done that for every SW film since ROTJ. But still.... meh.

For the last six films it's been less and less about any story (they're terrible, imo), and more about having one more chance to have a shared experience of the Star Wars universe (which is an incredible cinematic achievement).

Clickbait, but interesting nonetheless.

https://cosmicbook.news/george-lucas-saving-star-wars-test-screenings-disaster?amp

'New rumors have hit the net offering that George Lucas has been called to save Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker following test screenings that are claimed to have been a complete "disaster."'

• Like 1

https://cosmicbook.n...gs-disaster?amp

'New rumors have hit the net offering that George Lucas has been called to save Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker following test screenings that are claimed to have been a complete "disaster."'

The scariest sentence in the Star Wars Universe is "I'm George Lucas, and I'm here to help"!

• Like 1

So they're going to bring back all the actors, reshoot some scenes and re-edit everything ... all in 6 weeks? That would be a neat trick!

• Like 1

https://cosmicbook.news/george-lucas-saving-star-wars-test-screenings-disaster?amp

Judging by all the fuckery the last 4 movies have gone thru, I’m apt to believe this.

Bringing in George Lucas doesn’t help things one bit!

• Like 1

Interesting. It really shows how bad the last movie screwed things up and nobody knows how to fix that mess. They must be really desperate to have called on Lucas for help but honestly who else is there to turn to at this point? Asking the man who created the franchise to fix things is not the worst move they could have made.
  • Like 1

The scariest sentence in the Star Wars Universe is "I'm George Lucas, and I'm here to help"!

:LOL:

Interesting. It really shows how bad the last movie screwed things up and nobody knows how to fix that mess. They must be really desperate to have called on Lucas for help but honestly who else is there to turn to at this point? Asking the man who created the franchise to fix things is not the worst move they could have made.

We should reiterate that it’s just rumors. It could be nothing. Or, the test audiences could be a bunch of dummies.

:LOL:

I knew Disney would trash the franchise when I first heard they bought Lucas Films. But I figured it would be after Episodes VII-IX. Rian Johnson torpedoed this trilogy with the shit sandwich called The Last Jedi. I expect The Rise Of Skywalker to be better, but too much damage has been done to set this right this ship.
  • Like 1