Cinema Strangiato.....anything new?

Ron2112

From what I've been reading on here and on the facebook Rush fan group(clockwork angels) there wasn't much in here that wasn't in the R40 dvd. I haven't seen that so it didn't bother me.

Except for the version of Losing It with Jonathan Dinklage.

Unless that exists somewhere on the DVD in an easter egg? Or, maybe it's on the BluRay. I only have the DVD. I would love to see that again, with his intro commentary.

this "film" reminded me Geddy can't sing no more.

He can't! That's why I find it ironic that HE'S the one who actually wanted to keep touring! His voice is a better reason to retire than anything else.

This movie was essentially my 16-year-old's "first Rush concert." Hearing Geddy singing like that, she must've been thinking "THIS is the band my father's been raving about?"

If they ever tour again bring a vocalist to share duties with Geddy. He can do the late recording stuff and yodel or howl through some old stuff but let a vocalist like Amiee Mann handle the bulk.

She is better looking.But they are both geeky looking

I can't think of anyone in rock and roll who is less attractive than Geddy, so anyone would be an improvement, as long as they can sing.

It was playing here in Myrtle Beach but I just couldn't bring myself to go. The last one I went to was the Clockwork Angel's one and the vocals made me slowly sink in my chair as the night progressed. I saw them in Atlanta on their(what I knew would be) last tour. Lousy vocals didn't bother me in the least because I just wanted to see them one last time...

No matter the cash grab, etc. We can hope for an annual event and that says lots! I loved the show, seeing folks come out to celebrate the band. I noticed, days after, re-hashing it all in my mind, no Far Cry? Might be wrong? But I love that song live, the change in keys, the climbing of the guitar, it gives me goose bumps! The show was shorter than the concert, plus the humour add-ons, so they could not do the whole tour. Also, since I saw an interview once where Geddy said "my goofy voice" and that he was basically "given" the singing job, I have been less critical. Edited by Bahamas

this "film" reminded me Geddy can't sing no more.

He can't! That's why I find it ironic that HE'S the one who actually wanted to keep touring! His voice is a better reason to retire than anything else.

This movie was essentially my 16-year-old's "first Rush concert." Hearing Geddy singing like that, she must've been thinking "THIS is the band my father's been raving about?"

If they ever tour again bring a vocalist to share duties with Geddy. He can do the late recording stuff and yodel or howl through some old stuff but let a vocalist like Amiee Mann handle the bulk.

She is better looking.But they are both geeky looking

I can't think of anyone in rock and roll who is less attractive than Geddy, so anyone would be an improvement, as long as they can sing.

I dunno in his fifties he got attractive. I’m not into to dudes but I shag Geddy.

LoL snider :D

had a great time :7up:

(even tho phoenix happy valley fans are overdue for another lesson from Brazil :/ )

totally worth the money...will watch for it to come around next year, too!

oh, and Geddy can still sing :fucku:

what's the name of the actor that introduced them for the highschool act?

Bonzie! :o :hi: :Neil:

I'm with you on all of this! Geddy's voice is adequate to good on most of R40. Except for Lakeside Park, that even I as a staunch defender of Geddy's voice have to admit he should have stayed away from. After seeing the film I was thinking that I wish they had represented Caress Of Steel with some arrangement of In The Valley/The Fountain, from Lamneth. I think Geddy could have sung that well, and the fans would have gone crazy.

I hope you're well. I so miss those listening parties we used to have in chat! :wub:

Lakeside park in Port Delousie Ontario -- used to go on that Carosel as a kid..--- chat partys used to rock

(even tho phoenix happy valley fans are overdue for another lesson from Brazil :/ )

I'm with you on all of this! Geddy's voice is adequate to good on most of R40. Except for Lakeside Park, that even I as a staunch defender of Geddy's voice have to admit he should have stayed away from. After seeing the film I was thinking that I wish they had represented Caress Of Steel with some arrangement of In The Valley/The Fountain, from Lamneth. I think Geddy could have sung that well, and the fans would have gone crazy.

I hope you're well. I so miss those listening parties we used to have in chat! :wub:

Lakeside park in Port Delousie Ontario -- used to go on that Carosel as a kid..--- chat partys used to rock

Lakeside park in Port Delousie Ontario -- used to go on that Carosel as a kid..--- chat partys used to Lakeside park in Port Delousie Ontario -- used to go on that Carosel as a kid..--- chat partys here used to rock

getting pumpped up for every Rush concert on this forum the day prior.. LeStudio Morin Heights.. -- all in the past now ..however some of the fondest memories

This movie was never showed at the cinema here in sweden, which sucks. The band would not go here on their last tour, and now they can not even show a movie here. Sometimes I hate living in europe...

This movie was never showed at the cinema here in sweden, which sucks. The band would not go here on their last tour, and now they can not even show a movie here. Sometimes I hate living in europe...

If you have R40 Live and the Clockwork Angels DVDs you have 80 percent of it already.

• Like 2

I posted before on this thread here regarding Geddy Lee's 'Falling Down the Rabbit Hole' video clip that's featured in Cinema Strangiato.

As ytserush mentions "If you have R40 Live and the Clockwork Angels DVDs you have 80 percent of it already."

However, as initially mentioned you can view the 'Falling Down the Rabbit Hole' clip in full on the above referenced thread.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

I posted before on this thread here regarding Geddy Lee's 'Falling Down the Rabbit Hole' video clip that's featured in Cinema Strangiato.

As ytserush mentions "If you have R40 Live and the Clockwork Angels DVDs you have 80 percent of it already."

However, as initially mentioned you can view the 'Falling Down the Rabbit Hole' clip in full on the above referenced thread.

Thanks. I am interested in the percents that are NOT on those DVDs (unless there are some hidden Easter eggs I haven't been able to unlock). Specifically that version of Losing It with Jonathan Dinklage and his interview that leads into it.

Of course you know I would have gone crazy if they didn't play all of Fountain.

Sure! But at the same time, you would have been stoked to get some of it, the same way I was with Book II! :P ;)

48603018507_653263fede_z.jpg

48603081902_4aec224b73_o.jpg

48603105942_8583850f34_c.jpg

Thanks for posting these pics again. Brings back such wonderful memories.

• Like 1

Thanks. I am interested in the percents that are NOT on those DVDs (unless there are some hidden Easter eggs I haven't been able to unlock). Specifically that version of Losing It with Jonathan Dinklage and his interview that leads into it.

There was some webisodes filmed during the R40 Tour.

To me, Cinema Strangitato is a combination of the R40 Live DVD, the webisodes, extra unreleased outtakes, along with the Geddy Lee: Falling Down the Rabbit Hole clip about his bass guitars.

In relation to the above, this is probably the one you're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Eye8gLiVM

However I believe the Dinklage footage is both the interview and the entire live version of 'Losing It' he does on Cinema Strangiato.

• Like 3

There was some webisodes filmed during the R40 Tour.

To me, Cinema Strangitato is a combination of the R40 Live DVD, the webisodes, extra unreleased outtakes, along with the Geddy Lee: Falling Down the Rabbit Hole clip about his bass guitars.

In relation to the above, this is probably the one you're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Eye8gLiVM

However I believe the Dinklage footage is both the interview and the entire live version of 'Losing It' he does on Cinema Strangiato.

I believe you are correct. Thank you for posting that YouTube webisode link.

• Like 2

Looks like it?

Approaching the annual date and no word I have seen.

Even with limited seating, it is probably the ONLY screen I would attend these days.

Double masked and ski goggles, winter toque for good measure? Ski poles to poke away crowders?

Too Neil? Maybe.

It could be called "Cinema Strange-iato 2020". "Cinema Uncertain Times Still Standing Still".

The content? Hard to say.

That could be the next Poll: What content should a hypothetical Rush: Cinema 2020, be?

• Like 1

Let's hope!

Up north we are getting Cineplex screens with maximum 50 viewers, starting in various cities. Hardly a money-maker, but then the price of popcorn alone?

I can respect a year off - but the bigger picture, hoping it will continue in years to come :)

Nothing is being released to theaters at the moment -- perhaps this will be a year off for Cinema Strangiato and it will return next August ...

I don't expect anything new in this sort of field to be released by them, honestly.

A year off is probably a relief for those putting it out, now they can release the same thing next August and, with a two year gap, a lot of people that may have skipped it might go now.

• Like 2

Nothing is being released to theaters at the moment -- perhaps this will be a year off for Cinema Strangiato and it will return next August ...

I don't expect anything new in this sort of field to be released by them, honestly.

A year off is probably a relief for those putting it out, now they can release the same thing next August and, with a two year gap, a lot of people that may have skipped it might go now.

More time to find new material. There won't be any more new interviews.

I'd welcome everything From Beyond The Lighted Stage that's on the cutting room floor. An anniversary expanded box set of Beyond The Lighted Stage.would be great too since I'm asking.......

I can't imagine the Rush organization have been motivated by any projects like this in such a sad year for them. Coupled with the global pandemic it would make total sense to take a year off.

Perhaps if we return to some sort of normality in a year's time, it will be repeated. Possibly as a tie in with Moving Pictures 40th anniversary.

• Like 2