Woodstock August 15, 1969

custom55

The Matthews Southern Comfort version is close to Mitchell's original arrangement.

In fact their cover reached number 5 on Canada's RPM charts in the early 70's.

I also read that Mitchell really dug the Matthews Southern Comfort version of the song.

A photo of Mitchell and the band here.

Edited by RushFanForever

The Matthews Southern Comfort version is close to Mitchell's original arrangement.

In fact their cover reached number 5 on Canada's RPM charts in the early 70's.

I also read that Mitchell really dug the Matthews Southern Comfort version of the song.

A photo of Mitchell and the band here.

I like her boots.

I forgot to mention that I've heard Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's version of 'Woodstock' so many times on classic rock radio that I tire of it.

However Matthews Southern Comfort version I prefer in a way because it's soothing to hear to an extent.

I didn't post any Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young photos with Joni Mitchell because there's so many that are found from a Google search.

Whereas I couldn't find any Matthews Southern Comfort photos with Mitchel initially from a Google search, so that was the only one I found from Facebook. However this one here came up after a second attempt.

Edited by RushFanForever

Fast forward three years later 2022.   Happy 53rd anniversary.

I was at Bethel Woods a few weeks back to see Phish.   The grounds of the Woodstock bowl still have something magical going on.

Carlos was tripping on LSD at the time of their performance. 

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, custom55 said:

Fast forward three years later 2022.   Happy 53rd anniversary.

I was at Bethel Woods a few weeks back to see Phish.   The grounds of the Woodstock bowl still have something magical going on.

Carlos was tripping on LSD at the time of their performance. 

Didn't you post photos of a visit a few years ago? I remember I enjoyed them! Didn't know that about Santana.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, blueschica said:

Didn't you post photos of a visit a few years ago? I remember I enjoyed them! Didn't know that about Santana.

I did !    The museum is well worth the trip, if you're into the history of Woodstock 69'.

• Like 1

Saw the movie 3 times, it was fantastic music and crazy how many people were there and were peaceful.   Loved the Santana video, here are some of my other favorites

• Like 1