Distant Early Warning from Cinema Strangiato 2019

RushFanForever

God, his voice is shocking in this......

I wasn’t shocked by his voice (that’s been shot for years) rather the sight of Peart’s paunch.

They quit at the right time. Can’t really imagine it being worse - and it would be worse if they toured again.

Geddy at least was giving it his best effort. Peart was so obviously over it.

• Like 2

My memory of the two R40 shows I saw was that Geddy sounded great, but the DVD release and now this clip he sounds ... not good.

I'm glad they hung it up when they did.

I would still be up for them to do another studio album. Edited by snowdogged

They slowed it down a tad(?). Is it also dropped a key (I have far from pitch perfect ears).

News flash - His voice (especially covering the older material) has been shot for 15-20 years. I think the Test For Echo tour is the last one where the old material isn't slowed, dropped in register, and still butchered (at least a bit). If they did an instrumental tour I'd probably pay see them a second time. As it is, coming in a bit late on their story line to see them at their peak live, once is/was enough.

I think the Test For Echo tour is the last one where the old material isn't slowed, dropped in register, and still butchered (at least a bit).

2112 on the T4E tour was dropped a tone.

In fairness to Geddy, I'm not sure 30 year old Ged could hit those notes anymore. Badger with its balls caught in a bear trap probably can't.

It's weirdly a relief to read other posters saying they recognized Geddy's voice was through. I couldn't bring myself to admit it for fear of heresy (no, not "Heresy"), but I was also (kind of) glad that Neil shut them down when he did.

When I was a lad, my parents would listen to/watch on PBS "The Grand Ol' Opry" (not a bad thing), but one of the features of the entire Opry broadcast was all those stars from the '50s and '60s who were members of the Opry and would show up to sing. Little Jimmie Dickens and Skeeter Davis should never have been allowed anywhere near a microphone, but there they were, warbling and straining, and people would clap and pretend it wasn't like nails on a chalkboard.

I would have hated to see Rush turn into the Skeeter Davis of the Prog legacy tour set.

Man, though, I always love "Distant Early Warning."

• Like 1

I forgot to mention this, which I just learned.

On the three audio CD version of 'R40 Live', the bonus disc contains an AUDIO version of 'Distant Early Warning', which is the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjiwpJ2TrSA

However, this is the first time from 'Cinema Strangiato' that a VIDEO version of 'Distant Early Warning' is posted.

I forgot to mention this, which I just learned.

On the three audio CD version of 'R40 Live', the bonus disc contains an AUDIO version of 'Distant Early Warning', which is the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjiwpJ2TrSA

However, this is the first time from 'Cinema Strangiato' that a VIDEO version of 'Distant Early Warning' is posted.

Isn't this on the bonus DVD along with One Little Victory and Red Barchetta?

So the only new things thus far are the Geddy bass footage (Which I'm hoping is the main part of this since it's new and the Jacob's Ladder sound check? (Other than interviews with other musicians.)