"FEAR OF THE DARK" Deluxe Reissue With Patch And Action Figure Released! Third Box Set With Fig N Patch In Series! Do You Care? I Do!

RUSHHEAD666

I stumbled onto the new deluxe "Fear Of The Dark" box set today at my local record store! Yes! I still have a few!!! AMEN!

Cranking "Fear Of The Dark" right now. I must confess and you can look up all of our past Maiden Threads.

I've always been a FIRST SEVEN MAIDEN ALBUMS guy. First seven are HEAVEN!

Well, thanks to the new reissues I must confess I listened to "No Prayer For The Dying" and now "Fear." Excellent.

Still has that amazing melodic metal feel.

I love how Maiden put "Fear Of The Dark" at the end of the record instead of at the beginning. Geniuses they are!!!

Anyway do guys and gals even care anymore about buying a physical product? I DO!!! Till the end baby!

Are you just download or stream your shit these days?

I only have Apple Music because I have no cd player in car.

I hate Apple Music. They deleted "Breaker" by ACCEPT. It's so phucking stupid.

Anyway do you crazy Maiden fans have the three boxes with the figures and patches??

NUMBER OF THE BEAST

SOMEWHERE IN TIME

FEAR OF THE DARK

I am sure there will be one more. Not sure if I will ensnare it.

"Brave New World" is ok but after that it's just hit or miss.

UP THE IRONS BITCHES!!!!! METAL UP YER ASS!!!

Whoops, that's METALLICA! CLIFF BURTON YEARS RULE!!!!! POST CLIFF DROOL!!!

• Like 2

I have all the remasters, but avoided all those shitty box sets with the patch and figurine. Much cheaper too!
  • Like 1

I stumbled onto the new deluxe "Fear Of The Dark" box set today at my local record store! Yes! I still have a few!!! AMEN!

Cranking "Fear Of The Dark" right now. I must confess and you can look up all of our past Maiden Threads.

Well, thanks to the new reissues I must confess I listened to "No Prayer For The Dying" and now "Fear." Excellent.

I love how Maiden put "Fear Of The Dark" at the end of the record instead of at the beginning. Geniuses they are!!!

Anyway do guys and gals even care anymore about buying a physical product? I DO!!! Till the end baby!

Anyway do you crazy Maiden fans have the three boxes with the figures and patches??

NUMBER OF THE BEAST

SOMEWHERE IN TIME

FEAR OF THE DARK

I am a massive fan of No Prayer, I think it's a great album. Fear really isn't much good, but it's not terrible. Last night, I was surprised how much I like Virtual XI considering I can't stand X Favtor.

Brave New World is brilliant.

• Like 1

Here is how I rank all the albums released so far in the 2015 CD remasters:

1. Somewhere In Time

2. Piece Of Mind

3. Seventh Son Of The Seventh Son

4. Number Of The Beast

5. No Prayer For The Dying

6. Powerslave

7. Iron Maiden

8. Killers

9. Brave New World

10. Virtual XI

11. Fear Of The Dark

12. The X Factor

• Like 3

I haven't, and didn't buy any of Iron Maiden's studio's collector's boxes, remastered, and reissues. When they were first released on, and in the years they were other, than "Iron Maiden", "Killers", "X Factor", and "Virtual XI", I bought them before. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Fear Of The Dark blows. Brave New World is as good as anything they've done.

Hahaha! So funny! I've always hated "Fear Of The Dark" but last night I enjoyed it! So strange! I hope one day I will like "Vapor Trails" again. LOL!

I will try to get into "Brave New World" again. Everyone I know who is a Maiden fan loves this reunion record. I thought it was just ok.

I saw the tour right here in Concord.

It was solid but Bruce was in a very odd mood that night.

He kept ripping on Americans. He was ripping apart MTV and how us USA folk just want to hear the old shiit. He said stuff like..... "You bloody lazy Americans! You just want to eat your fuckking cheeseburgers and drink your vanilla milkshakes! Well we aren't here to play you all the hits!" It was Epic. As you can tell I never forgot that "DICK"inson quote. Actually I love Bruce. I'm not fat and I don't eat fast food, drink soda or shakes. I get it.

Funny, I actually thought they were going to make the third box set featuring "Brave New World."

I think they both blow!

Hahahaha! I get it Pat! I was never a fan of either record then when they came out. But perhaps now things can change! I'm actually looking forward to cranking "Brave New World" tomorrow.

Right now on my playlist Pat for tonight.

"Seventh Son"

"Bad Reputation"

"Somewhere In Time"

"Black Rose"

"Chinatown"

Yep!

Zoe, my oldest daughter is out partying tonight, so I'm cranking METAL!!!

• Like 2

I think they both blow!

Hahahaha! I get it Pat! I was never a fan of either record then when they came out. But perhaps now things can change! I'm actually looking forward to cranking "Brave New World" tomorrow.

"Seventh Son"

"Bad Reputation"

"Somewhere In Time"

"Black Rose"

"Chinatown"

Yep!

If you want to know what I've been listening to lately Earl check out the album thread. I can't post so many album covers and then turn around and just TELL people what I've been listening to, my contract with IMGUR would be void!

I have all the remasters, but avoided all those shitty box sets with the patch and figurine. Much cheaper too!

Hahahahaha!!!

So funny dude! I totally agree! They are soooooooooo cheesey! But you know me, I'm a collecting completist metal whore!!

I have two of each! one to open and play and one to keep sealed!! I have the Japanese versions. lol

Up The Irons!!

NUMBER OF THE BEAST

SOMEWHERE IN TIME

FEAR OF THE DARK

I am a massive fan of No Prayer, I think it's a great album. Fear really isn't much good, but it's not terrible. Last night, I was surprised how much I like Virtual XI considering I can't stand X Favtor.

Brave New World is brilliant.

I warmed up more to "No Prayer" also thanks to the new remaster! I love "Holy Smoke!"

Sorry Michael, I cannot get into Virtual X1 or X Factor. Just like the Ripper Owens CRAP in Priest. I just can't do it!!

I can't wait to crank BNW! It's been years for me!

1. Somewhere In Time

2. Piece Of Mind

4. Number Of The Beast

6. Powerslave

7. Iron Maiden

8. Killers

9. Brave New World

10. Virtual XI

11. Fear Of The Dark

12. The X Factor

I love your TOP 12 Michael!! "Seventh" at 3! NICE!

Ok I have to do mine now!! You know I'm older than you but age doesn't matter when it comes to METAL! LOL!

This is fun!!

"Somewhere" is cranking right now! Amazing timing!

1. "Killers" Best album cover on the Earth too.

2. "Iron Maiden" note: as a kid I fell in love with Paul first. The album art blew my mind too. Instant bliss!

3. "Peace Of Mind"

4. "Seventh Son"

5. "Number Of The Beast"

6. "Somewhere In Time"

7. "Powerslave"

8. "No Prayer"

9. "Fear Of The Dark"

10. "Brave New World"

11. "Virtual XI"

12. "X Factor" Zero Factor! LOL!

I haven't, and didn't buy any of Iron Maiden's studio's collector's boxes, remastered, and reissues. When they were first released on, and in the years they were other, than "Iron Maiden", "Killers", "X Factor", and "Virtual XI", I bought them before.

Derek! So happy you have "Iron Maiden" and "Killers!" Masterpieces Of Mind. LOL Get that one!

• Like 1

I think they both blow!

"Seventh Son"

"Bad Reputation"

"Somewhere In Time"

"Black Rose"

"Chinatown"

Yep!

If you want to know what I've been listening to lately Earl check out the album thread. I can't post so many album covers and then turn around and just TELL people what I've been listening to, my contract with IMGUR would be void!

Sorry Pat!! I didn't know that!! Ok I will!!!

You know me! I just like to randomly post what music is on my "Piece Of Mind!"

Ok!!

• Like 1

1. Somewhere In Time

2. Piece Of Mind

4. Number Of The Beast

6. Powerslave

7. Iron Maiden

8. Killers

9. Brave New World

10. Virtual XI

11. Fear Of The Dark

12. The X Factor

Ok I have to do mine now!! You know I'm older than you but age doesn't matter when it comes to METAL! LOL!

This is fun!!

2. "Iron Maiden" note: as a kid I fell in love with Paul first. The album art blew my mind too. Instant bliss!

3. "Peace Of Mind"

4. "Seventh Son"

5. "Number Of The Beast"

6. "Somewhere In Time"

7. "Powerslave"

8. "No Prayer"

9. "Fear Of The Dark"

10. "Brave New World"

11. "Virtual XI"

My top eight is all rated about the same, between 8 or 9/10. Of the first eight albums, No Prayer is definitely the weakest, but for some reason I love it more than some of their classics. And I LOOOOVE the Paul albums. I totally see why they are for many the best albums.

I'd say Factor and XI are very easy to dislike. I actually am surprised how decent I find XI. I personally think it's at the same level as BNW, which I don't think is as great as fans claim it to be.

Played Fear Of The Dark last night and quite liked it too. I was expecting to hate this third batch of albums, but listening closely, it amazes me how much their is to enjoy!

• Like 1

1. Somewhere In Time

2. Piece Of Mind

4. Number Of The Beast

6. Powerslave

7. Iron Maiden

8. Killers

9. Brave New World

10. Virtual XI

11. Fear Of The Dark

12. The X Factor

This is fun!!

3. "Peace Of Mind"

4. "Seventh Son"

5. "Number Of The Beast"

6. "Somewhere In Time"

7. "Powerslave"

8. "No Prayer"

9. "Fear Of The Dark"

10. "Brave New World"

11. "Virtual XI"

My top eight is all rated about the same, between 8 or 9/10. Of the first eight albums, No Prayer is definitely the weakest, but for some reason I love it more than some of their classics. And I LOOOOVE the Paul albums. I totally see why they are for many the best albums.

I'd say Factor and XI are very easy to dislike. I actually am surprised how decent I find XI. I personally think it's at the same level as BNW, which I don't think is as great as fans claim it to be.

Played Fear Of The Dark last night and quite liked it too. I was expecting to hate this third batch of albums, but listening closely, it amazes me how much their is to enjoy!

Wow!!!! Great post!!! I totally agree dude!!!!! Glad you love the Paul albums too!!

1. Somewhere In Time

2. Piece Of Mind

4. Number Of The Beast

6. Powerslave

7. Iron Maiden

8. Killers

9. Brave New World

10. Virtual XI

11. Fear Of The Dark

12. The X Factor

This is fun!!

3. "Peace Of Mind"

4. "Seventh Son"

5. "Number Of The Beast"

6. "Somewhere In Time"

7. "Powerslave"

8. "No Prayer"

9. "Fear Of The Dark"

10. "Brave New World"

11. "Virtual XI"

Wow!!!! Great post!!! I totally agree dude!!!!! Glad you love the Paul albums too!!

In all honesty, I put them quite low, but I think the debut gets more plays than any other Maiden album except Somewhere In Time and No Prayer. I love it!

• Like 1

So, the wife and I are coming back from a walk . We have to walk by a house where the guy is always working on some junker truck or some such. Today he's working on a GMC with a bad trans... and I hear a familiar sound. He gets up from under the truck to grab a beer. He's listening to Sea Of Madness. Cool. Some things never change, thank God. Edited by ozzy85
  • Like 2

FOTD: Lots of junk on that album, but some really pleasant gems too (Wasting Love, Judas Be My Guide, etc).

I think the album is decent up through Wasting Love. After that it's unbearable except for the title track. Still very little life in most of it though. You can tell a change needed to happen and that Bruce would rather be doing something else with his performance on the album and the I don't give a f**k manner that he sang on that tour.

• Like 1

FOTD: Lots of junk on that album, but some really pleasant gems too (Wasting Love, Judas Be My Guide, etc).

I think the album is decent up through Wasting Love. After that it's unbearable except for the title track. Still very little life in most of it though. You can tell a change needed to happen and that Bruce would rather be doing something else with his performance on the album and the I don't give a f**k manner that he sang on that tour.

Thank f**k he went solo. Because before listening to it...I wondered if he'd shot his voice

• Like 1

Thank f**k he went solo. Because before listening to it...I wondered if he'd shot his voice

Yeah, I thought he had killed his voice too at that time. He was just burnt out though. The whole band was really. It had been a straight decade of nothing but one album and tour after the other at that point.

Have you heard Bruce's first album after leaving Maiden called Balls To Picasso? As soon as he hit the chorus on the opening track I was so glad to hear he hadn't killed his voice like I thought. He just seemed to be giving it a rest during his last few years with Maiden.

• Like 1