Happy Birthday, Geddy and Happy 45th Anniversary, Rush!

blueschica

Happy 66th birthday to Geddy, and happy 45th anniversary to the new guy! Neil joined the band 45 years ago today, in 1974. The guys bought equipment for their first tour the next day and they were off! (I wish that I could live it all again!).

7xJE5Xel.jpg IcRw1Fql.jpg

e0wwuZnl.jpg 0N89i6Mm.jpg

• Like 9

66, wow, I really can’t believe that...I mean I knew when they got into their 60s, that they’re in their 60s, of course...but I guess they’re all just frozen in time for me around the R40 tour. Yet time, as always, marches on.

And 45 years since the new guy joined the band, hahaha! Neil, who was my brother’s inspiration to start playing the drums (and, in turn, he was then MY inspiration to start playing the drums)...how fortuitous for all of us (and for them) that they found each other!

Happy birthday, Geddy!

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 3

66, wow, I really can’t believe that...I mean I knew when they got into their 60s, that they’re in their 60s, of course...but I guess they’re all just frozen in time for me around the R40 tour. Yet time, as always, marches on.

And 45 years since the new guy joined the name, hahaha! Neil, who was my brother’s inspiration to start playing the drums (and, in turn, he was then MY inspiration to start playing the drums)...how fortuitous for all of us (and for them) that they found each other!

Happy birthday, Geddy!

That's a great story about your inspirations!

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Garrey! :cheers:

Please stay hungry and stop butchering the bass...

sKD0UAB.jpg

... and just in case you're looking for a future project...

gvIxiix.jpg

• Like 2

Happy Birthday to Geddy. But there is no 45th for Rush. It ended in 2015.

1971 - Official creation of Rush. Lee, Lifeson and Rutsey

2015 - End of touring and recording

44 years. No more, no less. 44 years of wonderfulness. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

• Like 2

Happy b day to both Geddy and Neil!!!! That must have been a wonderful but tired journey that they all been on!!! I miss them but as least they live in my heart and soul forever and ever.....
  • Like 1

"Happy 66th Birthday, Geddy", and "Happy 45th Anniversary, Rush".