Name your favorite song by the above band!

Jet City Woman

So, you've never heard any full albums from Queensryche before?

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

Great is a stretch. Best I Can, Empire, Silent Lucidity and Anybody Listening are great. Jet City is good but not in the same league as those songs or the bands best material.

Jet City Woman

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

Great is a stretch. Best I Can, Empire, Silent Lucidity and Anybody Listening are great. Jet City is good but not in the same league as those songs or the bands best material.

I think it's extremely well-crafted.
  • Like 1

Jet City Woman

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

Overall it sounds to me like a song any popular hair metal band at the time could have pulled off. Never heard anything special with the song.

• Like 1

Pretty tough to beat Rio.

Peter Gabriel, solo

Steam

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Breaking The Girl

Monster Magnet

Jet City Woman

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

Overall it sounds to me like a song any popular hair metal band at the time could have pulled off. Never heard anything special with the song.

The arrangement is really tight. The pre-chorus and its transition into the chorus in particular is very tasty. Also the guitar work is super catchy and captures the longing mood of the lyrics perfectly.

Jet City Woman

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

The arrangement is really tight. The pre-chorus and its transition into the chorus in particular is very tasty. Also the guitar work is super catchy and captures the longing mood of the lyrics perfectly.

:goodone:
  • Like 1

Jet City Woman

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

You mean the run of the mill lyrics that sound like something any other popular hair metal band at the time could have done?

• Like 1

Jet City Woman

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

You mean the run of the mill lyrics that sound like something any other popular hair metal band at the time could have done?

Sure, they’re nothing special, but they have a specific mood. The special thing to me is that mood is both matched and enhanced by the music, especially the guitar work.

• Like 1

Jet City Woman

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

Sure, they’re nothing special, but they have a specific mood. The special thing to me is that mood is both matched and enhanced by the music, especially the guitar work.

This ^. The music in the song is fantastic. Not every great song has to have deep and insightful lyrics!
  • Like 1

Jet City Woman

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

This ^. The music in the song is fantastic. Not every great song has to have deep and insightful lyrics!

e.g. Black Dog, Rock And Roll All Nite, Miss You, Breaking The Law....

Jet City Woman

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

Rush's epics illustrate that point

Jet City Woman

It's a good song.

Its a great song!

Rush's epics illustrate that point

ouch...disagree, but fair enough

Jet City Woman

Def Leppard

So, you've never heard any full albums from Queensryche before? That run through their debut EP through Promised Land is pretty darn good.

Uh, oh, EP. Now you've done it. You picked a song someone else heard.

Party pooper

• Like 1

Jet City Woman

Def Leppard

So, you've never heard any full albums from Queensryche before? That run through their debut EP through Promised Land is pretty darn good.

Oh will you give that garbage a rest already. It's a very old and tired schtick. It has nothing to do with how many people know the song. It has to do with the song really not being that special considering the standard Queensryche had up to that point. Everyone knows Eyes Of A Stranger, Empire, Silent Lucidity and Anybody Listening which are all fantastic songs. Jet City is a decent tune, that's it.

Jet City Woman

Def Leppard

Oh will you give that garbage a rest already. It's a very old and tired schtick. It has nothing to do with how many people know the song. It has to do with the song really not being that special considering the standard Queensryche had up to that point. Everyone knows Eyes Of A Stranger, Empire, Silent Lucidity and Anybody Listening which are all fantastic songs. Jet City is a decent tune, that's it.

I detect pee in someone’s Wheaties.

Favorite = favorite, and is entirely subjective, isn’t it?

• Like 2

Jet City Woman

Def Leppard

He likes what he likes. People like you whining about whether someone else really knows a band's discography is what's tired. Seriously. No one's impressed with how much you know about Queensryche.

Jet City Woman

Def Leppard

Uh oh J. Now you've done it. Suggesting a real fan doesn't know which songs from a band are the good ones more than the greatest hits posers?

• Like 2

Jet City Woman

Def Leppard

Uh oh J. Now you've done it. Suggesting a real fan doesn't know which songs from a band are the good ones more than the greatest hits posers?

Well, see, the “true, real” fans just keep their smug satisfactions to themselves, and let the greatest hits posers wallow in their own ineptitude. ;)

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

Jet City Woman

Def Leppard

He likes what he likes. People like you whining about whether someone else really knows a band's discography is what's tired. Seriously. No one's impressed with how much you know about Queensryche.

As I have told you before, I am not trying to impress anyone with my knowledge of any band I like. I'm just giving my thoughts on whatever the topic is just like everyone else. I was honestly curious how much EP knew from Queensryche. I figured if he liked Jet City that much there might be other songs in their discography he would enjoy more if he hadn't heard too much from Queensryche yet. But then it once again needed to be turned into the popular vs lesser known stuff which was not what I was going for at all.

Jet City Woman

Def Leppard

As I have told you before, I am not trying to impress anyone with my knowledge of any band I like. I'm just giving my thoughts on whatever the topic is just like everyone else. I was honestly curious how much EP knew from Queensryche. I figured if he liked Jet City that much there might be other songs in their discography he would enjoy more if he hadn't heard too much from Queensryche yet. But then it once again needed to be turned into the popular vs lesser known stuff which was not what I was going for at all.

He answered the question of the thread. Your response was "So, you've never heard any full albums from Queensryche before?" What did you base your assumption upon? Is it REALLY your position that you thought he hadn't listened to any full Queensyche albums before? Or, more honestly, were you making a comment suggesting he hadn't heard "enough" Queensryche in your view to really make an informed decision?

Jet City Woman

Def Leppard

He answered the question of the thread. Your response was "So, you've never heard any full albums from Queensryche before?" What did you base your assumption upon? Is it REALLY your position that you thought he hadn't listened to any full Queensyche albums before? Or, more honestly, were you making a comment suggesting he hadn't heard "enough" Queensryche in your view to really make an informed decision?

I was was wondering how much he may have heard from them. He is younger so I figured it was possible he hadn't heard much from the band outside of the hits. I certainly could have worded my initial comment better to not come off as the snobby asshole as I did. But I think that Queensryche's run from their debut EP through Promised Land is stellar and is certainly should be something that any fan of hard rock/metal should give a listen to.