Name your favorite song by the above band!

In all fairness I understand where J2112YYZ is coming from. Me saying Jet City Woman is my favorite Queensryche song while they obviously have many other great songs (and I do think this is an obvious point at least around this forum) can sound a bit ill-informed. It would be like saying Pull Me Under is my favorite Dream Theatre song. And after all, I do need to listen to more Queensryche, so he's got a point asking if that's all I know by them.

I still stand by my opinion that JCW is a great song though, better than most of the big hairy hits of the 80s (and early 90s).

• Like 1

In all fairness I understand where J2112YYZ is coming from. Me saying Jet City Woman is my favorite Queensryche song while they obviously have many other great songs (and I do think this is an obvious point at least around this forum) can sound a bit ill-informed. It would be like saying Pull Me Under is my favorite Dream Theatre song. And after all, I do need to listen to more Queensryche, so he's got a point asking if that's all I know by them.

I still stand by my opinion that JCW is a great song though, better than most of the big hairy hits of the 80s (and early 90s).

Thank you.

I do apologize if I came off as a music snob with my initial comment. Reading it back I can certainly see how it could be taken that way. But I do like lots of popular music and I thought that was known around here at this point. So that's why I snapped at Rick for his comment.

• Like 1

Why would that position be ill-informed? That's sort of my point when I make my (admittedly sarcastic) comments about "real fans." I own everything ever released by Rush. Is it not possible for Tom Sawyer to be my favorite song, even though I own Caress of Steel? I have at one time owned everything ever released by Black Sabbath (even the mediocre Tony Martin and Glenn Hughes albums). Would it be "ill-informed" to say that Paranoid is my favorite album? I don't think that's the case.

Thank you.

I do apologize if I came off as a music snob with my initial comment. Reading it back I can certainly see how it could be taken that way. But I do like lots of popular music and I thought that was known around here at this point. So that's why I snapped at Rick for his comment.

Sometimes you do a lil bit, it can be annoying. But it's also one of the reasons you're one of my very favourite posters on this forum! It's fun!

• Like 1

Don't forget a song from the band, and group "Monster Magnet", too. For, and from me, Third Alternative. Now, Sammy Hagar, which is Returning Home.

David Lee Roth

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

With the word fortress in the Sting song title, it's: Fortress Around Your Heart. A song from the band, and group "Timbuk 3" is: Reckless Driver. A song from the band, and group the Firm, too, is: Midnight Moonlight. On page eleven, I meant the band, and group "White Lion - Broken Heart", and not "White Heart". Before twelve hours, I didn't "Edit" it. It's Britney Spears, too.

Elton John

Edited by Derek19