Todd Sucherman - Styx drummer

Laurabw

Any local peeps, I have one ticket I'm trying to sell for The Mission in its entirety in November in Long Island. I got a better seat.

Funny to note. My parents were born in NJ. All of my relatives are in Jersey.

I could fly back for the show and see my distant family.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

I remember when "The Mission" came out. I instantly thought they were going to do a tour and play the whole record.

It kills me.

I just saw STYX with Night Ranger on Saturday. As you all know.

But drifting a little off topic it's the same with Night Ranger.

I learned that Night Ranger was going to play "Dawn Patrol" and "Midnight Madness" all the way through on tour.

But not here in California from where they were born???? UGH!!!

It is what it is!!

Solid drummer.

Gives Gavin Harrison a run for his money. :P

It's hard to say, Todd's playing in a band that bores the shit out of me. Gavin's got quite a portfolio of varied awesomeness. It's an unfair comparison, for Todd.

• Like 1

Solid drummer.

Gives Gavin Harrison a run for his money. :P

It's hard to say, Todd's playing in a band that bores the shit out of me. Gavin's got quite a portfolio of varied awesomeness. It's an unfair comparison, for Todd.

I know stoopid.

Again, you are one of the guys or gals who get me on this forum.

I was just messing with 73.

Gavin rules.

It's crazy though dude. STYX may be a boring act to some but their energy on stage is fuckking electric.

Like I said before and I am very consistent. As you know I live for rock shows.

In my humble opinion after seeing STYX and Night Ranger, that washed up has been Gowan has to be fired ASAP.

The rest of the band is fuckking rock solid. Pun intended.

I am sure Dennis will never come back. He's weak too in my opinion but man. Gowan truly is the weakest link. Gowan is like James LaBrie Cheese in Dream Theater. That has been has to be fired too. JMO!!!!

Gavin is a perfect fit in Crimson. However I urn the days of seeing him kill it in Porcupine Tree.

I can't stand The Pineapple Thief but man that album with Gavin is amazing. Even the blu-ray is good with Gavin.

Gavin makes a shitty band sound great. I get it man.

I live for drumming.

I was just busting 73's balls.

He just ignores me too. LOL!

To quote a STYX song. I'm stuck in "Radio Silence."

All good in the Rush Hood!

I live to ROCK!

Life goes on........................................

Hope there is a PT reunion.

Wilson's last pop album was a total bore.

• Like 1

J Panozzo was good. But, if you listen to any of their stuff 1996 and after, you can tell the drumming is significantly different/better. Todd is amazing, and I love the twists he puts on Styx songs. I love listening to their Regeneration EPs, when the new lineup re-recorded most of Styx' original hits, the drumming is really amazing.

Ive only went to 2 concerts in my life, the latest one, in AUG 2018 was Styx. Everyone ive talked to that has seen Styx in the past decade, has said its one of the best shows they have ever seen.

• Like 2

Saw Tne Mission in its entirety last night. Excuse the pun, but OUT OF THIS WORLD.

clips of Todd last night. First part is The Mission.

https://www.facebook...9704798?sfns=mo

Stop it Laura!! You lucky woman!!!! Can't believe I missed this. Oh and come on my friend I live for the PUN! LOVE IT!!!

TODD ROCKS!!!

BE SAFE LAURA!!!!

• Like 1

Todd Sucherman has posted a song two days ago on YouTube that he sings on and it sounds great.

It's the title track of his debut album here, which will be released on May 2nd, 2020.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzKlnKKgFFA

RFF!

THANK YOU!

Bringing this up to the surface. Sorry I can see I responded so many times but as a drummer Todd is up there. Incredible stuff.

Sorry Pat The Penis! I LOVE STYX!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!

You know Pat is another brother of mine. Love to tease of course! I love the son of a gun.

I am not hammered or drunk. I wish I could meet all of my friends on here from around the world!!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL! FRIENDS! BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE RUSH COMMUNITY!!

Earl

Todd Sucherman has posted a song two days ago on YouTube that he sings on and it sounds great.

It's the title track of his debut album here, which will be released on May 2nd, 2020.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzKlnKKgFFA

goddamn why cant it be may 2nd yet.

I love Todd!!!

I think it's going to May 15th my friend.

I have 12 concerts this summer. All postponed perhaps.

I just want a first date with my new woman but "I'll Wait." VAN HALEN

Wild Times!

"HANG TOUGH!"

Love,

TESLA

Saw Tne Mission in its entirety last night. Excuse the pun, but OUT OF THIS WORLD.

clips of Todd last night. First part is The Mission.

https://www.facebook...9704798?sfns=mo

Stop it Laura!! You lucky woman!!!! Can't believe I missed this. Oh and come on my friend I live for the PUN! LOVE IT!!!

TODD ROCKS!!!

BE SAFE LAURA!!!!

You be safe too!

• Like 1

"Last Flight Home" 1st listen

I set my expectations low so I would (hopefully) be more impressed.

Some of the lyrics make me cringe but other than that, its a solid debut.

Its a slow album, but as long as the song doesn't put me to sleep, I'm good.

The standouts are the Title Track, The Damage, and She's Red Velvet.

Do You Know Me was pretty decent, but I wish there was a part at the end where it picked up just a little bit. No drumming in it but its a beautiful track.

And the rest are ok. Nothing really too special, but there are definitely some highlights. Really, my only gripe is that it's not rockin' enough. (This is a debut album, remember that) I hope if he continues his solo career, he eventually gets into more hard rock but who knows. Maybe he'll Steve Perry it and continue with the soft, slow love songs.

6.5/10 - Will buy CD

Perfect candidate for the Rush throne.

If there were to be anyone to replace Neil, I'd say Todd (if he ever left Styx of course) or fellow TRFer Sterling Fuentes.

• Like 1

He’s got the prog bona fides and the chops.

I am not a Styx fan by any stretch of the imagination but watching him play is fantastic.

You should listen to “The Mission”, it may change your mind.
  • Like 2

He’s got the prog bona fides and the chops.

I am not a Styx fan by any stretch of the imagination but watching him play is fantastic.

You should listen to “The Mission”, it may change your mind.

I’ve now listened to the 2 latest albums and I’ve really enjoyed them. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

Gonna go with the minority opinion on here I think...but watching some clips of him with Styx (only because I've seen instructional/interview things with him and thought he was a really cool guy), I come away feeling like there's a guy with more chops than taste.

I like busy drummers (I mean, come on, we're on a Rush forum!), but there's a type of busy that annoys me...and he kinda has it. It seems like overplaying to me - doing flashy busy (and very technically impressive) things where they draw focus away from the song itself. I am not a Styx fan AT ALL...but I grew up hearing them, and so I know the original tunes. I feel like there are a few "classic rock" bands who hire shit hot ringer drummers for their tours, and it always kinda sounds like they need to prove that they are on a different plane of skill than the original member. Even one of my fave drummers of all time, Simon Phillips, is guilty of this (in my opinion of course) with his playing in Toto (another band I really don't like!)

The drumming in Rush is very busy...but it is intrinsic to the compositions themselves. When I hear some guy play double bass triplets or whatever in a pop song where the original had a "1 2 3 4" run down the toms type fill...it rubs me the wrong way. To each their own of course.... and I wouldn't for a second say he is anything other than stellar...but it's wanky to me.