Compressed Rush

JARG

Here's a fun little project I just uploaded. Description from the page:

"A compressed look at Rush's original studio output. Each album is compressed at 1 second per minute (example, 45 seconds for COS because COS is 45 minutes long). Total album time is then divided by the number of songs to get the duration of each song clip. Songs that take up an entire album side are treated as one song, even if that song is broken up into smaller pieces. The duration of the gaps between the albums corresponds to the years (or fraction thereof) between the release of one album to the next. 1 second per year. I find it interesting to hear how much their sound evolved over the decades. I was inspired to do this from a fellow Rush fan, James Gibbon, who did something very similar. Thanks Slim!"

http://youtu.be/13FSc_-1wxc

Edited by JARG
  • Like 8

You could have taken the easy route and picked the clips where the title of the song was sung, but you instead went for clips that sounded good going from one to the next. Nicely done.

Big jump in sound and style from Hemispheres to P Waves, no surprise there.

• Like 3

You could have taken the easy route and picked the clips where the title of the song was sung, but you instead went for clips that sounded good going from one to the next. Nicely done.

Thanks. My main goal in selecting the clips was to capture what I felt was a decent representation of the song itself and/or a decent representation of the band's sound (sometimes focusing on particular band members).

• Like 2

Here's a fun little project I just uploaded. Description from the page:

"A compressed look at Rush's original studio output. Each album is compressed at 1 second per minute (example, 45 seconds for COS because COS is 45 minutes long). Total album time is then divided by the number of songs to get the duration of each song clip. Songs that take up an entire album side are treated as one song, even if that song is broken up into smaller pieces. The duration of the gaps between the songs corresponds to the years (or fraction thereof) between the release of one album to the next. I find it interesting to hear how much their sound evolved over the decades. I was inspired to do this from a fellow Rush fan, James Gibbon, who did something very similar. Thanks Slim!"

http://youtu.be/13FSc_-1wxc

Awesome!

• Like 1