Presto: Rush's most awkward era

fraroc

They say Alex's camel-toe on the back of 2112 represents one of Satan's cloven hooves. Scary stuff.

Hahaha! I saw that Satanic camel toe for real when I went back to Toronto in October for that wine train tour. That funking bulging camel toe look more like a Lucifer's Molten Moose Knuckle. My new band baby!

• Like 2

My music teacher disliked "Presto"- he always preferred the "occult" style Rush albums.

IMO the albums are reflections of the times and a collective expression of the band's creative thoughts.

That is a very interesting statement. 'Occult" style Rush albums. So I would assume "Fly By Night," "Caress Of Steel, "2112" I'm "rushhead666 for a reason. My parents forced me to go to a Christian summer camp in the Santa Cruz mountains when I was a freshman in high school.

It was a horrible experience.

But then something sparked my young mind.

They were doing a "Satanic Album Cover Slide Show" at 3 pm in the afternoon at the rec hall.

So of course even then I was a Rush Freak and into Ozzy, Maiden and all of that killer heavy metal!

So I sat through the slide show and my jaw dropped.

I was already revolting against Christianity because my parents took me out of my public high school with all of my friends and threw me into a Christian High School.

Now here I was. A little Rush nerd in some fuckking cult Christian Camp.

I remember the slide show like it was yesterday.

They showed

1. "Hotel California" The front cover shows Anton in the lower corner window. Also above inside the gatefold cover with Satanic arms spread open.

2. "Blizzard Of Oz" Of course the cover looked evil. I didn't care!

3. "Caress Of Steel" The front cover with the triangle held by some oracle. I didn't understand that one even then.

4. "Led Zep IV" They showed the inner gatefold with the oracle holding the lamp.

5. "Number Of The Beast" Of course!

6. Stevie Nicks "Bella Donna" album. Said that she was a white witch and the white flowers on the cover were poisonous.

7. "Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" Said all of the flowers were also poisonous and hinted at Satanism.

8. "Satan's Majesty" The Rolling Stones Said that the Stones were trying to compete with Sgt Peppers so they did a black magic record too.

9. The best for last. They showed the "2112" album cover. They stated that Rush was another Satanic band because the red star on the album cover represented a pentagram. Even then at my young age I fuckking freaked out. I should have challenged those idiots back then but believe it our not back then I was an introvert. But I knew that the Red Star is an open star, not some fuckking pentagram, I was so pissed. I told my camp counselor after the slide show that there is no way RUSH is a satanic group. He turned to me and said, "well Earl. 2 plus 1 plus 1 plus 2 equals 6! THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!!

I just shook my head and took off.

What a bunch of bullshit.

So back to the "occult" statement. Hmmmmmmm

So not sure about that at all.

I guess "Witch Hunt" relates to that term???

It is what it is!

Satanically Yours,

Ruling Under Satan's Hands

PS

If you look at the STARMAN you can see the profile of the DEVIL in the left side of his back!!! CREEPY AS FUKKKKK!

Some on here can't see it. It's as broad as daylight on a crystal clear Lake Tahoe day! LOL!!!!!!!

Earl, we may've had the same seminar. With, and on that, I remember seeing, and hearing another church pastor, and or a minister giving a sermon about possible angel, and devil worshiping in music. It was either the same Christian one, or a similar one. From what I remember, there was a slide show involving the front cover of "the Eagles - Hotel California", and some of the lyrics in "Hotel California", "Ozzy Osbourne", "Ronnie James Dio", "Black Sabbath", "Iron Maiden", the front cover of "Led Zeppelin - IV", and some of the lyrics in "Stairway to Heaven", the front cover of "the Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band", the front cover of "the Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request", and the song "Sympathy For the Devil", even the front cover of "Rush - Caress of Steel", "2112", and the front cover of "Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna", too. There were some other ones, too. At the time, I couldn't believe anything like that. It was unbelievable, and ludicrous.

Yes Derek! You nailed it! I forgot "Holy Diver" by DIO! That came out in 1983. I don't think that was in the slide show that I saw, but I get it! Ludicrous is the perfect word!!!

• Like 2

Neil had mental as well as physical issues. The sooner we fans accept that, the better. Overcoming and moving ahead meant more to 2/3 of Rush. But they were a brotherhood. What can you do?

I agree.

You nailed it.

Every Rush fan I talked to at the final LA Forum show knew it was over forever.

Some of the Rush fans on here who have "HOPE" that they reunite are better off jumping into the fire at a stupid Burning Man Festival.

"Hold Your Fire" Analog Kids! IT'S OVER!!!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

They say Alex's camel-toe on the back of 2112 represents one of Satan's cloven hooves. Scary stuff.

Hahaha! I saw that Satanic camel toe for real when I went back to Toronto in October for that wine train tour. That funking bulging camel toe look more like a Lucifer's Molten Moose Knuckle. My new band baby!

Laughing at an unintentionally silly pic on an album is one thing, but why were you gazing into Lifeson’s crotch on the train? :LOL:

• Like 1

Laughing at an unintentionally silly pic on an album is one thing, but why were you gazing into Lifeson’s crotch on the train? :LOL:

Hahahahaha!!! Geddy's too!

Double Canucknuckle Crunch!!!

It’s like some demented cereal from the Great White North!

• Like 1

A perfect post to go along with my Rush Dream Thread!!! Thanks to Tony R!!! NUTTER!!!

Double Canucknuckle Peanut Creamy Dreamy Butter Crunch!!!!

I just submitted this title to the Ben And Jerry's Website!!!! LOL!!!

FUSION BABY!

I LIVE FOR IT!

Why not make it a Triple Twig N Berry Bombastic Plastic Nutter Butter Counterprivateparts Dutch Threesome Chocolate Dip Crunch!!!

I also saw Neil's big black camel toe in his tight black pants by his tour bus on the "Vapor Trails" Tour.

As I've told you many times we gazed into each other's eyes like a frozen deer in haunted horny headlights.

His big red bloated head. His greasy long slick black glistening hair dripping like hot honey off the lips of a woman on the front cover of an Ohio Players record. So HOT!

I couldn't help but zone into his King Kong Donkey Ping Pong Ding Dong Loose Goose Knuckle.

Love at first fright!!

The Trifecta baby!!!

I've seen it all.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Why not make it a Triple Twig N Berry Bombastic Plastic Nutter Butter Counterprivateparts Dutch Threesome Chocolate Dip Crunch!!!

I also saw Neil's big black camel toe in his tight black pants by his tour bus on the "Vapor Trails" Tour.

As I've told you many times we gazed into each other's eyes like a frozen deer in haunted horny headlights.

His big red bloated head. His greasy long slick black glistening hair dripping like hot honey off the lips of a woman on the front cover of an Ohio Players record. So HOT!

I couldn't help but zone into his King Kong Donkey Ping Pong Ding Dong Loose Goose Knuckle.

Love at first fright!!

The Trifecta baby!!!

I've seen it all.

Peart seems more of an oatmeal guy...Neil's Mushy Nuts Bran Oatmeal !

I bet you'd buy it and have a mouthful of Mushy Nut bliss every morn.

:LOL:

• Like 1

Love at first fright!!

The Trifecta baby!!!

I've seen it all.

Hahahaha Hell yes sir! With extra vitamin D for delicious creamy milk!!

Hold the mayo!

• Like 1

Love at first fright!!

The Trifecta baby!!!

I've seen it all.

Hold the mayo!

• Like 1

Love at first fright!!

The Trifecta baby!!!

I've seen it all.

Hold the mayo!

"Presto! The Most Now Awkward Thread!" LOL!

Bubba is in the kitchen right now making his famous tapioca pudding. Yummy, hot n chunky! Very sweet, tastes great with fresh pineapple.

Signed,

"Hot Tub Time Machine"

LOL

Bubba is in the kitchen right now making his famous tapioca pudding. Yummy, hot n chunky! Very sweet, tastes great with fresh pineapple.

Signed,

"Hot Tub Time Machine"

LOL

Please don't put pineapple in tapioca pudding.

Please?

• Like 1

Signed,

"Hot Tub Time Machine"

LOL

Please don't put pineapple in tapioca pudding.

Please?

LOL!

NEVER

Funny thing about Rush is the albums in the later era of the band they didn't care much for (Presto, Counterparts) I like a lot while the ones they really seemed to love (Snakes, Clockwork) are drinkcoasters at my place I rarely if ever listen to because aside from a handful of songs they're hot garbage

Everything I’ve read points to them liking Counterparts very much. But yeah, they really seemed to love Snakes and Clockwork. Snakes is neglected and not missed at my place. I skip half of Clockwork but what I don’t skip I really enjoy

Yes. I remember an article where Geddy cited Counterparts as one of his favorites and an important album for the band. Alex absolutely loved it because he was at the forefront again. I think they liked CP very much...Personally, I think it's Rush's last true masterpiece...

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

Where did you see that? Alex & Geddy are both on record (no pun intended lol) not happy with CP. I believe its mentioned in a couple of the Martin Popoff books. Alex didn't like some of the lyrics while Geddy complained "there were too many compromises" while making it plus he and Alex had a lot of fights during, probably over how and where to use keyboards in the songs. Not sure what Neil thought about it.

Where did you see that? Alex & Geddy are both on record (no pun intended lol) not happy with CP. I believe its mentioned in a couple of the Martin Popoff books. Alex didn't like some of the lyrics while Geddy complained "there were too many compromises" while making it plus he and Alex had a lot of fights during, probably over how and where to use keyboards in the songs.

Wiki agrees.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterparts_(album)

"Presto" is one of the greatest albums on the Earth.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

So cliche and yet so true.

Melodic and slick production. Some of Neil's best lyrics.

Keep smoking that crack rock kids!

"Anagram (For Mongo)" is a masterpiece. Nice homage to "Blazing Saddles!" Hello????????

The record is amazing. Love the keyboards. Even the keys in "Red Tide." So melodic.

I guess you so called Rush Fans don't like melody in your music.

Enjoy "Vapor Trails." then. Pure shite.

#SAFE

JMO!

The only way I enjoy Presto is with my Vape Pen!

Sincerely,

Huff and Puff Magic Hour

• Like 1