Lost interest in online debates, recently posting kitten pics on Facebook, got married (by a pirate at the beach)

"

Arrrr...she's a beauty!!!

Yes. and in soul and mind as well. She is a good influence on me, tempering my more extreme edges, like when I am ready to post on FB that so and so should just go f**k themselves and then die because they are really just too stupid to live, she is saying gently and convincingly to me things like "you really could get your ultimate point across in kinder and more productive ways than that " ;)

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

Well, there goes my chance. :( ;)

Congratulations, DPR! :cheers: She's beautiful! :yes: I can tell by the way you are looking at her that you love her. :wub: Treat her well, and don't ever take her for granted.

Wishing the two of you all the best life has to offer!!

http://www.glitters123.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Lovely-Shinning-Wine-Glasses-With-Berries.gif

• Like 2

I can tell by the way you are looking at her that you love her.

Yes, I do.

I had never really put much stock into the concept of "soul mates", but my relationship with her has made me reconsider all that. We get along so well, without any effort, just naturally and easily, as if it was just meant to be.

• Like 4

"

Yes. and in soul and mind as well. She is a good influence on me, tempering my more extreme edges, like when I am ready to post on FB that so and so should just go f**k themselves and then die because they are really just too stupid to live, she is saying gently and convincingly to me things like "you really could get your ultimate point across in kinder and more productive ways than that " ;)

:LOL:
  • Like 1

"

:LOL:

Other people trying to tell me that might very well just piss me off even more, not so with her.

But, hell, she is also a reason I lost interest in online debates (compared to my deep interest in them before). Why? Because she is smart and full of insight and I enjoy discussing things so much with her that the "need" of going online for such things has been greatly decreased. Why go online at all when one can have stimulating conversations with one's own fiancé then wifey?

• Like 1

Why go online at all when one can have stimulating conversations with one's own fiancé then wifey?

Internet debating/arguing is overrated to the Nth degree. Full frontal (aka "face to face") conversation RULES!! :haz: :haz:

• Like 2

Why go online at all when one can have stimulating conversations with one's own fiancé then wifey?

Internet debating/arguing is overrated to the Nth degree. Full frontal (aka "face to face") conversation RULES!! :haz: :haz:

I have known that for a long time, but . . . the opportunity to actually do that was so rare, before. Most people are just so boring, imo, not equipped to do much in the way of stimulating intellectual conversation at all.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 2

Plus, I had previously gotten to a place in my mind where I had assumed that the days of any joyous sexual activity were largely behind me, never to come again. With a lot of patience and persistence and encouragement from her , I have now come around to realizing that was all false bullshit on my part, just some illusion I had adopted in my brain, and am now having the best sex of my life. LOL at that. Yep, tis awesome :) Hey, yeah, age 53 is where life first begins ;) Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

I have known that for a long time, but . . . the opportunity to actually do that was so rare, before. Most people are just so boring, imo, not equipped to do much in the way of stimulating intellectual conversation at all.

My 25-year old niece saves me. She comes over on a fairly regular basis, and she challenges me to help her understand the loony behavior of people. I've always been her tutor/intellectual parent, as her biological parents are both trainwrecks. I also have a few friends and coworkers who are great conversationalists. I am sane only because of them!

• Like 4

Congratulations to both of you. Looks like the white sandy beaches of the Florida panhandle.

Thanks.

Regarding the beach depicted in the pics, that was actually at Myrtle Beach State Park in South Carolina.

• Like 3