Rush has been getting on my nerves lately

CyriK

Rush getting on my nerves when they release something new? :sigh:

Never happened and it never will...

Except it's not new.

Ford, what would we do without you? :LOL: :cool: ;)

Probably be better off. I'm prone to sarcasm and eye rolling, neither of which work well in this medium.

I know that for myself as well. I expect people to read the tone of my posts as I intend them to sound. Doesn't always work that way.

That's why you need to make sure you put a smiley or an lol after a post that's supposed to be a joke.

You're right. What I assume, and there's my first mistake, is that those on here know me and will know how i intend it.

The fault is really more on the fans who continue to buy all these anniversary editions.....

Truth! :ebert: Anniversary editions, the countless “Best Of” and “Greatest Hits” reissues....if people would stop buying them, then record companies would stop trying to sell them.

The Who retired in 1982.

.... ever since then they have been touring just to let people know that they are retired.

Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 1

Once a band has a well established name like Rush does, everything they do is a cash grab. It's called the music business after all. You don't expect your work to go unpaid when you put in the time and effort at your job, do you? It's no different for Rush or any other well known band. We will all try to make as much money as we can in whatever job field we are in. Why do you think they would be any different?

That being said, these anniversary editions I believe are a record label cash grab not a band one. If people keep buying these re-issues then I don't blame any band or label who continue to release them. The fault is really more on the fans who continue to buy all these anniversary editions because they're not essential releases in any way and the record companies are only looking to squeeze more money out of the diehards.

:goodone:

The price of tickets the last couple tours certainly felt like a cash grab $$$

You seen the price of Stones tix this summer?

Once a band has a well established name like Rush does, everything they do is a cash grab. It's called the music business after all. You don't expect your work to go unpaid when you put in the time and effort at your job, do you? It's no different for Rush or any other well known band. We will all try to make as much money as we can in whatever job field we are in. Why do you think they would be any different?

That being said, these anniversary editions I believe are a record label cash grab not a band one. If people keep buying these re-issues then I don't blame any band or label who continue to release them. The fault is really more on the fans who continue to buy all these anniversary editions because they're not essential releases in any way and the record companies are only looking to squeeze more money out of the diehards.

:goodone:

The price of tickets the last couple tours certainly felt like a cash grab $$$

You seen the price of Stones tix this summer?

$120 for nosebleed seats

https://www.viagogo.com/ww/Concert-Tickets/Rock-and-Pop/Rolling-Stones-Tickets/E-3304217

And that’s fine. The demand is still there despite Mick being in his mid-70s and Keith a walking mummy

:blaze:

• Like 1

Geddy Lee interview (posted on Jan 21st, 2019) from Ultimate Classic Rock here.

Rush has been doing archival 40th anniversary things recently. In 2019, there isn't a Rush studio album that was released in 1979. Is there anything archival in the works?

A lot of those reissues are sort of planned from a record company perspective. They don't really originate with the three of us. Usually they're, you know, an outside idea that someone says, "Hey, you have an anniversary of this coming up. We'd like to do a really beautiful box set," or something. And I go, "Okay." I'm not really Interested in what happened. I'm more interested in where I'm going than where I came from.

• Like 2

I am afraid I am from the old school where you waited patiently for a year or two for a new album with new music.A Greatest Hits package was bought if it had rare b sides or unreleased tracks and maybe a cool cover.Back in 1978-81 when I worked in a record shop box sets were a rarity with the two major ones being The Beatles and Hendrix.I never bought them and to this day I have very few box sets because I like the stand alone albums.Even my Sector sets as great sounding as they are don’t get played much.Now since Rush are defunct we are not going to get any new music and the record companies are just going rehash everything.If there is going to be a PeW Anniversary (see my thread)and it offers something I want I will buy it but I am happy with my two copies of it.My only Rush memorabilia is my t shirts a couple of posters and a pack of playing cards.I would like to think that the band have a say in what gets let out.If Peter Grant was still around and managing Rush I think it would be a different story.