FOR SALE: Limited Edition Alex Lifeson R40 Les Paul Axcess #37 of 50 Signed and PLAYED by Alex himself.

Jag2112

Hi, everyone. I'm helping a friend sell his Limited Edition Alex Lifeson R40 Les Paul Axcess guitar which is only one (#37) of 50 ever made that were signed AND played by Alex himself. More about the guitar: In celebration of Rush's 40th Anniversary, Gibson Custom presents the Limited Edition Alex Lifeson R40 Les Paul Axcess with 7A quilt maple tops in a lush Ruby Red R40 finish. It also features a Limited Edition "Starman" R40 die-caste medallion covering the rhythm/treble switch access cavity.

Created through extensive work with Alex Lifeson himself, the Gibson Custom Signed Alex Lifeson 40th Anniversary Les Paul Axcess Quilt similarly redefines the boundaries of the classic Les Paul: packed in a single remarkable instrument, this guitar carries all of the traditional tones that have made the Les Paul legendary, along with unprecedented levels of sonic and performance versatility.

If you are interested in this guitar, please send me a private message to discuss pricing and shipping.

Please feel free to share this post with others.

Thank you, all.

IMG_2888.JPGIMG_2889.JPGIMG_2890.JPGIMG_2901.JPGIMG_2901.JPGIMG_2902.JPGIMG_2903.JPGIMG_2904.JPGIMG_2904.JPGIMG_2905.JPGIMG_2906.JPGIMG_2907.JPGIMG_2908.JPGIMG_2909.JPGIMG_2891.JPGIMG_2892.JPGIMG_2893.JPGIMG_2894.JPGIMG_2895.JPGIMG_2896.JPGIMG_2897.JPGIMG_2898.JPGIMG_2899.JPGIMG_2900.JPG

• Like 1

What a beauty!

Maybe post this in the Making Modern Music section as well? That's where the guitar players/collectors generally hang out.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

You should see if the people who sold David Gilmour's guitars will sell yours for you...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/david-gilmour-guitar-sells-world-record-amount-auction-2511676

David Gilmour’s ‘favourite guitar’, used on Pink Floyd’s ‘Wish You Were Here’, just sold for a record amount

Today, Christies auctioned off his C.F. Martin & Company Nazareth 1969 D-35 acoustic guitar for $1,095,000 (£862k) – breaking the record previously held by Eric Clapton’s 1939 OO0-42, which sold for $791,500 (£623k) in 2004.

[Christie's estimate had been that it would fetch between $20-30K]

• Like 3

You should see if the people who sold David Gilmour's guitars will sell yours for you...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/david-gilmour-guitar-sells-world-record-amount-auction-2511676

David Gilmour’s ‘favourite guitar’, used on Pink Floyd’s ‘Wish You Were Here’, just sold for a record amount

Today, Christies auctioned off his C.F. Martin & Company Nazareth 1969 D-35 acoustic guitar for $1,095,000 (£862k) – breaking the record previously held by Eric Clapton’s 1939 OO0-42, which sold for $791,500 (£623k) in 2004.

Holy crap and wow...I had seen this one was going to be auctioned, and I thought it would go big...but not quite that big.

“[Christie’s estimate had been that it would fetch between $20-30K]”...proving how very little they know about musical instruments of such provenance.

• Like 1

https://www.nme.com/...auction-2511676

Holy crap and wow...I had seen this one was going to be auctioned, and I thought it would go big...but not quite that big.

“[Christie’s estimate had been that it would fetch between $20-30K]”...proving how very little they know about musical instruments of such provenance.

"...his 1969 black Fender Stratocaster for $3,975,000 (£3.13m). The six-string was used on songs including ‘Comfortably Numb’, ‘Money’, ‘Shine On You Crazy Diamond’, and more."

They figured it would go for around $100K.

Wow. Vintage guitars especially ones owned by the greats are really valuable. Those are crazy prices. I am not sure if it is a record, but Ringo's first Ludwig set went for over a million last year.

About 2 years ago, the mixing console used on Dark Side Of The Moon sold for 1.8 million.

Beautiful guitar.Aside from not being able to afford it I would be to scared to play it.I have a very old Fender Strat L series that is bashed to buggery(think SRV or Rory Gallaghers guitars)and I am to scared to play that.It just sits in a corner in a case.The wife constantly nags me to sell it since I have ten other guitars and we could do with the money.The trouble is the guitar has been with me longer than we have been married which is grounds for divorce.

L series? Is that Pre-CBS?

1964 pre CBS.

What an awesome guitar. I have a Les Paul Standard, also Ruby Red but without the quilt pattern. What caught my attention was the locking tremelo bar. What I have learned is that Les Pauls are notorious for going out of tune, and this appears to be a feature - not a bug. Alex obviously took care of this problem the right way)

Having seen this guitar, I am now encouraged to attach one to my Les Paul. That Gibson sound is key to so many of the '70s albums.

I have an '84 Kramer that I recently had restored. Bought it when I was 15 and sounds so great on the early to mid-80s material. Black and white like the model we see in the Exit Stage Left video from Montreal '81.

What an awesome guitar. I have a Les Paul Standard, also Ruby Red but without the quilt pattern. What caught my attention was the locking tremelo bar. What I have learned is that Les Pauls are notorious for going out of tune, and this appears to be a feature - not a bug.

Have you tried applying a lubricant, such as Big Bends Nut Sauce, to the nut slots? You could apply a bit to the bridge saddles as well. It's possible your tuning machine heads have too much 'play', and an upgrade may be in order. But trying a bit of lubricant first may be a very economical (and effective!) solution.