Best resource for official lyrics?

Baggins4Rush

Hey Rush fans,

Currently listening to Farewell to Kings. YES! Just had a question regarding resources for official Rush lyrics and/or other bands. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable, bug-free resource? The Official Rush website? I cannot find anything that resembles a lyrics section.

Thanks to all you like-minded Rush fans !!

Baggins

• Like 1

I know I'm quite old but I thought the lyrics came with the album/cd.

:LOL:

That was what I was going to post also, quite seriously- just look at the booklet or sleeve.

• Like 1

I don't know how old you are but my vinyl versions (with covers) are long gone, my 8-tracks are....gone, even my cassette tapes are missing in action. All that I have are the CDs and they don't always come with lyrics. :codger:
  • Like 2

I don't know how old you are but my vinyl versions (with covers) are long gone, my 8-tracks are....gone, even my cassette tapes are missing in action. All that I have are the CDs and they don't always come with lyrics. :codger:

What Rush CDs don't have the lyrics in them? I believe all of mine do. 99 percent of bands have the lyrics in the CD booklet.

• Like 3

What Rush CDs don't have the lyrics in them? I believe all of mine do. 99 percent of bands have the lyrics in the CD booklet.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Totally my fault! I had just gotten off the train from Bangkok. After looking more closely...

Admittedly, it was a dumb f***ing question as I should have looked more closely to the descriptions of the forums. Shame on I. My main question was in regards to lyrics resources for all rock bands online or even on bands' official websites. That's why I mentioned that there weren't any lyrics to songs on Rush's official website. Even Lyrics.com, the "greatest lyrics resource in the world", falls woefully short of being worth a shit. I was only asking if there was a go-to place for official or close to official lyrics to Rush songs or anyone's songs. I salute this site for having a complete f***ing catalog of lyrics for Rush !! Thank you !

And when I mentioned that I was listening to A Farewell to Kings, seriously, THAT was one of the last CDs that I have purchased for Rush. Most all of my music is digital in a cloud somewhere.

• Like 1

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Totally my fault! I had just gotten off the train from Bangkok. After looking more closely...

Admittedly, it was a dumb f***ing question as I should have looked more closely to the descriptions of the forums. Shame on I. My main question was in regards to lyrics resources for all rock bands online or even on bands' official websites. That's why I mentioned that there weren't any lyrics to songs on Rush's official website.

https://www.rush.com/albums/

• Like 2

Admittedly, it was a dumb f***ing question as I should have looked more closely to the descriptions of the forums. Shame on I. My main question was in regards to lyrics resources for all rock bands online or even on bands' official websites. That's why I mentioned that there weren't any lyrics to songs on Rush's official website. Even Lyrics.com, the "greatest lyrics resource in the world", falls woefully short of being worth a shit. I was only asking if there was a go-to place for official or close to official lyrics to Rush songs or anyone's songs. I salute this site for having a complete f***ing catalog of lyrics for Rush !! Thank you !

And when I mentioned that I was listening to A Farewell to Kings, seriously, THAT was one of the last CDs that I have purchased for Rush. Most all of my music is digital in a cloud somewhere.

I do like when I purchase something on iTunes and they offer a digital booklet you can flip through on your computer. Not sure they ever offered that with Rush but I do enjoy it when it's included because a lot of my newer musical purchases have been digital over the last several years. I've had everything from Rush on CD for a long time now.

• Like 1

Good point and I agree. And no matter what physical format I've ever bought for any band, I've moved so many damned times that it's no wonder I can find anything from my youth and early adulthood.

Again, this great site has ALL of Rush's lyrics so no need to go anywhere else but I did find two lyrics sites with large and somewhat complete databases and they are metrolyrics and findmusicbylyrics if anyone cares to view other, much more inferior bands' lyrics. Only kidding!

Not every album included lyrics.

I only owned three Rush albums and don't recall if any of them had the lyrics.

CD's were past my time and I never collected enough of them to know if they always included lyrics too.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I have just recently started memorizing the lyrics to every song in Rush's catalog. So far I have La villa and YYZ totally committed to memory. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 6

I have a cd version of rush and fly by night without lyrics. If i checked i imagine there may be more.

My guess is there were several versions and the ones without lrics i got through a cd club like bmg as a cost cutting measure

• Like 2

I have just recently started memorizing the lyrics to every song in Rush's catalog. So far I have La villa and YYZ totally committed to memory.

Well done!

I always recall the lyrics to la villa on ESL when i listen to other versions

• Like 4

I have just recently started memorizing the lyrics to every song in Rush's catalog. So far I have La villa and YYZ totally committed to memory.

Did it take you long to memorize them?

I spent quite a while but I think I spoke too soon before because I was just trying to think of the lyrics to both of those songs now and it's coming up blank.
  • Like 1

Did it take you long to memorize them?

I spent quite a while but I think I spoke too soon before because I was just trying to think of the lyrics to both of those songs now and it's coming up blank.

I have the same problem which is why I asked you how long it took you to memorize them. La Villa is a long song too. Must have lots of verses.

• Like 1

Admittedly, it was a dumb f***ing question as I should have looked more closely to the descriptions of the forums. Shame on I. My main question was in regards to lyrics resources for all rock bands online or even on bands' official websites. That's why I mentioned that there weren't any lyrics to songs on Rush's official website.

:ebert:

Just click on the album, and disco!

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Just click on the album, and disco down and check out the show

fixed ;)

• Like 1

Just click on the album, and disco down and check out the show

fixed ;)

much better!
  • Like 2

Hey Rush fans,

Currently listening to Farewell to Kings. YES! Just had a question regarding resources for official Rush lyrics and/or other bands. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable, bug-free resource? The Official Rush website? I cannot find anything that resembles a lyrics section.

Baggins

If you want to see the lyrics on Rush's official website, Click on the Discography tab, then navigate to the album you want to view the lyrics for.

• Like 1

Just click on the album, and disco!

Yeah, thanks, saw that earlier. I had obviously been to that point but didn't click on each of the album icons. I always knew what their albums were and didn't ever go any further. It's actually pretty extensive after drilling down on each link. Liner notes were just what I was looking for. Thanks all.

• Like 1

Hey Rush fans,

Baggins

If you want to see the lyrics on Rush's official website, Click on the Discography tab, then navigate to the album you want to view the lyrics for.

LOL I should have turned the page before answering but thanks, man ! :oops: