Rush's Cinema Strangiato coming to theaters for one night only on August 21st

zappafrank

No reserved seating at the theater in my town so I'll arrive early for a prime spot

I've shown up pretty early to that theater on 2 occasions expecting a line, once for "Donnie Darko" and once for "Neither Wolf Nor Dog", and there wasn't one but I suspect this may be different. Then again, it's also showing in Camas and several places in Portland so maybe not. Still going to get there kind of early just in case.

Introduce yourself at Kiggins my friend. I'm much grayer than my sig pic now but otherwise look pretty much the same. Oh, and I'm 6'6" so that should be rather obvious.

• Like 1

It is a great night out with my son (14) who has seen them 4 times in his life and only was able to experience the tail end of their glorious career.

Will be a fun night out.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing it in theory but the reason I never bought R40 in the first place is because his voice is mostly pretty bad throughout

To each their own ... I think Ged's voice is fine on R40.

• Like 2

I wouldn't count on a DVD release for this. Many of these special screenings by other artists have not come out on home video (or at least the same version that was shown in the theater). Assuming it doesn't, I will still most likely skip this. The Jacob's Ladder sound check is probably the only cool new thing. Otherwise, sounds like it's just highlights from the already released R40 and more commentary from other artists (which I got more than enough of in BTLS). Not even much in the way of new interviews from the band apparently. If they billed it as ONLY unseen footage of Rush (footage from shows other than Toronto and offstage interviews) without the annoying talking heads stuff, I'd be a lot more interested.

I wouldn't count on a DVD release for this. Many of these special screenings by other artists have not come out on home video (or at least the same version that was shown in the theater). Assuming it doesn't, I will still most likely skip this. The Jacob's Ladder sound check is probably the only cool new thing. Otherwise, sounds like it's just highlights from the already released R40 and more commentary from other artists (which I got more than enough of in BTLS). Not even much in the way of new interviews from the band apparently. If they billed it as ONLY unseen footage of Rush (footage from shows other than Toronto and offstage interviews) without the annoying talking heads stuff, I'd be a lot more interested.

I'm counting on it.

Whoever financed this thing knows they will sell a minimum of X amount of them.

There may be exclusive footage that will only be shown in the theater. The past couple of times most of that extra stuff was interviews with other people in other bands, so for me that didn't matter.

There are a small handful of bands that would still command a DVD release and Rush is one of them. Wouldn't surprise me if the Dead were another, but I'm sure a Dead fan would know if that has been the case.

I'd still like to see more of what's going to be featured in this before I show up at a theater though. As of now I'm content with the DVD, but if they want to incentivize this by giving away a T-shirt, poster or something with the ticket that would sway me depending on what the art looks like.

Honestly, I've been really Jonesing for some RUSH right about now, So this documentary (even though its a cash grab) is exactly what I need, I'll take anything at this point. Hell I watched " I Love you man" with my son the other day cause I needed a fix!

Jacob Moon just posted on Facebook that's he's performing a few songs before the premiere of 'Cinema Strangiato' at the Playhouse Cinema in Hamilton, Ontario. See details here.

I'd go to a theater if there was something like that before the movie..(Like a Jonathan Dinkledge concert at a Jersey theater.) Otherwise I'm just going to wait for the DVD in November or December..To this point, I've not seen a reason to change that plan.. Still curious as to how many screens this is showing on.

There's going to be one for Roger Waters later in the year I'm considering and that one is ALL new.

I'm going (Hanover, Md.) and looking forward to the evening! Despite being north of 50/south of 60, I am a relative newcomer (5 years) to Rush fandom (wouldn't classify it as super fandom), I consume as much Rush as time will allow.
  • Like 1

I'm going (Hanover, Md.) and looking forward to the evening! Despite being north of 50/south of 60, I am a relative newcomer (5 years) to Rush fandom (wouldn't classify it as super fandom), I consume as much Rush as time will allow.

They've left an embarrassment of riches.

I'll be the first to admit I've spoiled myself. Hoping to enjoy some chapters of the DVD by Christmas.

• Like 1

Jacob Moon just posted on Facebook that's he's performing a few songs before the premiere of 'Cinema Strangiato' at the Playhouse Cinema in Hamilton, Ontario. See details here.

I'd go to a theater if there was something like that before the movie..(Like a Jonathan Dinkledge concert at a Jersey theater.) Otherwise I'm just going to wait for the DVD in November or December..To this point, I've not seen a reason to change that plan.. Still curious as to how many screens this is showing on.

There's going to be one for Roger Waters later in the year I'm considering and that one is ALL new.

I already have tix for the Mrs. and I to the Waters showing despite seeing it twice when he was up here in the Northwest including one night from the 7th row.

Not so sure it'll be "all new" though. He'll probably treat it like he did The Wall tour and interject some stuff into the concert footage.

4 free tickets to the first Rush fan who wants them.

It's for Portsmouth New Hampshire SATURDAY August 24 7pm at the Music Hall.

General Admission seats.

I bought these by accident thinking they were for WEDNESDAYS screening. I bought 4 more for Wednesday at a different theater but cannot use these original 4.

Email me at my username @ gmail if you want them.

General Admission seats.

I bought these by accident thinking they were for WEDNESDAYS screening. I bought 4 more for Wednesday at a different theater but cannot use these original 4.

I thought it was a one time showing on August 21st? Did they add a second night?

General Admission seats.

I thought it was a one time showing on August 21st? Did they add a second night?

No, it's still Wednesday only, however, this theater decided to not show it on Wed and instead do it on Saturday.

That is why I accidentally bought the tickets..... I didnt read the fine print....

• Like 1

I'm trying to buy tickets but it will only let me buy one at a time. WTF.

Also, if I am able to figure this out is there any promo code or codes I can use?

Edited by New_World_Man