Rush's Cinema Strangiato coming to theaters for one night only on August 21st

zappafrank

https://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2019/06/11/5289/Rushs-Cinema-Strangiato-coming-to-theaters-for-one-night-only-on-August-21st

Rush and Anthem/Trafalgar have announced the first annual Cinema Strangiato - a theatrical film experience that will bring Rush fans together for a special look into Rush's R40 Live tour, with new backstage footage, special guests, and performances. Cinema Strangiato will hit theaters worldwide for one night only on August 21st with tickets going on sale Thursday, June 20th. For all the details and to sign up for email updates, visit www.cinemastrangiato.com. From the film's synopsis page:

The Holy Trinity of Rock returns to the big screen on Wednesday, August 21, when the first "Annual Exercise in Fan Indulgence" Cinema Strangiato brings Rush fans together in movie theatres worldwide. Featuring R40+, this global fan event will give audiences a special look into some of the best performances from R40 LIVE, including songs such as "Closer to the Heart", "Subdivisions", "Tom Sawyer" and more, as well as unreleased backstage moments and candid footage left on the cutting room floor. R40+ also includes unseen soundcheck performances of the fan-favorite "Jacob's Ladder", exclusive new interviews with Tom Morello, Billy Corgan, Taylor Hawkins, producer Nick Raskulinecz, violinist Jonathan Dinklage and more. As a special bonus, fans will get a glimpse into the madness and passion that went in to the making of Geddy Lee's new book, Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass - featuring a brand-new interview from the man himself.

• Like 2

I wish it was for more than one night. August 21st is my wedding anniversary. I’m sure my wife won’t want to go see a Rush movie. I’ll wait for the digital release I guess.
  • Like 1

I wish it was for more than one night. August 21st is my wedding anniversary. I’m sure my wife won’t want to go see a Rush movie. I’ll wait for the digital release I guess.

You are a good husband! :ebert:

• Like 3

Geez what a bunch of cynics. MIght be worth it just for grins and chucks. Seeing the guys on the big screen wouldn't suck :finbar:
  • Like 11

...”exclusive new interviews with Tom Morello, Billy Corgan, Taylor Hawkins, producer Nick Raskulinecz, violinist Jonathan Dinklage...”

Oh wow can’t wait ������

Might wait for the DVD.

This is in a ton of theaters

Rush In Rio might have been the last time Rush had this many theaters.

I really hope there's a lot of behind the scenes/ backstage footage or this is going to be a total dud Perhaps OLE (sorry, they're now rebranded as "Anthem Entertainment") isn't getting the return on their investment as they'd hoped. Perhaps the guys were smart to cash out when they did.

Very curious to see how this plays out First annual?

I was wondering about that, too! Our local art theater has a Grease sing along every year, why not Rush? The songs are just as good. ;) ;) As Rhyta said , it's fun to see them on the big screen.

• Like 3

Geez what a bunch of cynics. MIght be worth it just for grins and chucks. Seeing the guys on the big screen wouldn't suck :finbar:

Yes, I'm going to try to go!

• Like 2

I would love to see the movie in a proper atmosphere. :ebert:

• Like 3

Maybe you could ask for that as an anniversary present.

Maybe you could ask for that as an anniversary present.

Yea....would never work. If it did, the price I would end up paying probably wouldn’t be worth it.

I have no problem seeing them on a big screen. (Seen them all since it started with Rush In Rio.)

But that journey ended (for me anyway.)

That said, I have no problem with Geddy taking us on a tour of his bass collection or getting some soundcheck and backstage behind the scenes footage or unreleased footage. I wouldn't even mind hearing from crew members in a kind of Backstage Secrets kind of thing. If they want to uncork some footage from the final show, I'd be more than up for that too.

I'd love to see Alex show off his acting chops or footage of him noodling on his front porch, but what else is Billy Corgan, Taylor Hawkins or those of similar ilk going to tell that they hasn't been told already?

• Like 2

I have no problem seeing them on a big screen. (Seen them all since it started with Rush In Rio.)

That said, I have no problem with Geddy taking us on a tour of his bass collection or getting some soundcheck and backstage behind the scenes footage or unreleased footage. I wouldn't even mind hearing from crew members in a kind of Backstage Secrets kind of thing. If they want to uncork some footage from the final show, I'd be more than up for that too.

I'd love to see Alex show off his acting chops or footage of him noodling on his front porch, but what else is Billy Corgan, Taylor Hawkins or those of similar ilk going to tell that they hasn't been told already?

In regards to the Billy Corgan and Taylor Hawkins comment, how much actual air time have we seen them speak on Rush in documentaries and interviews? 5-10 minutes? 15? Speak to many TRFers about Rush and their love of the band and you could be talking all night and then some. Depends a lot on the questions asked.

• Like 2

Let's get some new blood in there. I want to hear what Justin Beiber has to say.
  • Like 2

In regards to the Billy Corgan and Taylor Hawkins comment, how much actual air time have we seen them speak on Rush in documentaries and interviews? 5-10 minutes? 15? Speak to many TRFers about Rush and their love of the band and you could be talking all night and then some. Depends a lot on the questions asked.

Those guys have been talking about Rush since even before Sam Dunn interviewed them. I would hope it's kept to a minimum.

Also anything that goes on around here isn't going to see the inside of a theater or be on a DVD. Whatever I bang out on a keyboard here certainly isn't worthy of it.

That says 9th annual, so they’ve been at it for at least 9 years already. Giants Stadium ‘91? I saw the Dead 3 or 4 times when Jerry Garcia was alive, all between 1983-85. That was more than enough for me, but then again I wasn’t on acid at any of those shows. Maybe if I was tripping, a monkey banging a pair of marching band cymbals for 3 hours would be mind-blowing too.
  • Like 2

That says 9th annual, so they’ve been at it for at least 9 years already. Giants Stadium ‘91? I saw the Dead 3 or 4 times when Jerry Garcia was alive, all between 1983-85. That was more than enough for me, but then again I wasn’t on acid at any of those shows. Maybe if I was tripping, a monkey banging a pair of marching band cymbals for 3 hours would be mind-blowing too.

I'm not sure how anyone who wasn't stoned to the gills or tripping could stand more than about 5 minutes of their stuff.