Geddy's BBBB book tour moves to Europe!

blueschica

Hamburg :wtf:

600 km (370 miles) away from me!!! :banghead:

How about Amsterdam?

I've already checked this. 525 km one way. Until he didn't plan some dates in the south of Germany, I think I have to skip the event. It's way too expensive just too see him for a few minutes.

How about Amsterdam?

I've already checked this. 525 km one way. Until he didn't plan some dates in the south of Germany, I think I have to skip the event. It's way too expensive just too see him for a few minutes.

There is a Flixbus running from Mannheim to Amsterdam for 31 Euros (one way) on 6/13 and you can get a returntrip on Friday 6/14 for 26 Euros (one way). Would be awesome if you could make it :)

• Like 2

How about Amsterdam?

There is a Flixbus running from Mannheim to Amsterdam for 31 Euros (one way) on 6/13 and you can get a returntrip on Friday 6/14 for 26 Euros (one way). Would be awesome if you could make it :)

Thanks for the heads up! Money isn't the only problem, I have a new job and I have to start to work next week. I'm pretty sure my new boss would be very understandingly when I tell her that I need a few days off to travel to Amsterdam. Lol.

• Like 1

Geeze...Geddy must be having some serious touring withdrawals....he's taking book signings to another level.

Definitely. Geddy sometimes didn’t take Rush to Europe but dammit he sure is gonna take his book!! :LOL:

:D

....well books don`t suffer from Tourette like meltdowns.

The Manchester date has apparently sold out already. . .

Tickets available for Manchester again! They moved it to a larger venue.

treeduck, are you listening?! :blaze:

I think he's only going if it's Geddy with Rob Halford . . . . :P

Geeze...Geddy must be having some serious touring withdrawals....he's taking book signings to another level.

Maybe that's part of it, but I think it's a way of saying thank you and giving fans a chance to say the same. Call it a mutual admiration society. He really doesn't have to do this.

Maybe that's part of it, but I think it's a way of saying thank you and giving fans a chance to say the same. Call it a mutual admiration society. He really doesn't have to do this.

He Does !!! And he has to come to my city and sign my 50 albums and let me hug him and squeeze him and pet him !!! :banghead: :banghead:

He's been great to do what he has. I haven't seen it on here, but there have been comments on another place where I follow Rush and fans where people honestly are upset AT him. They think it's cold not to shake hands (apparently a fist bump isn't good enough? Geez, the guy's hands are his instrument !) and self serving to not sign anything else. Sigh.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

He Does !!! And he has to come to my city and sign my 50 albums and let me hug him and squeeze him and pet him !!! :banghead: :banghead:

He's been great to do what he has. I haven't seen it on here, but there have been comments on another place where I follow Rush and fans where people honestly are upset AT him. They think it's cold not to shake hands (apparently a fist bump isn't good enough? Geez, the guy's hands are his instrument !) and self serving to not sign anything else. Sigh.

Some fans are nuts. I attended one of the signings and despite the audience politely being told several times "he won't be signing instruments or memorabilia", there were many who sauntered up with stuff for him to sign. Geddy was a consummate pro the whole time. In fact, I was amazed he literally stood the whole time, and with such poise. He's in great shape. Oh yeah, I noticed he wasn't shaking hands either, surely for many reasons. He was very classy and kind. So glad I went.
  • Like 4

Oh man, what a week it has been!

First of all seeing & meeting Geddy in Manchester for the first time ever was already super awesome! But the big cherry on top of my Rush fancake came on Thursday in Amsterdam. I brought my Dirk bag (which can be seen on the R40 DVD) with me to the event for the casual photo moment. And yes he recognized the bag from the video! Man, I was lost for words for a split second when he said that! That was so awesome :7up: I also gave a Dirk bag to the man himself. That was such an hilarious moment :LOL: We both laughed out loud when I handed him over his own bag (check out my avatar pic, it's there on the table). For those of you who wonder where these bags come from: Dirk is a Dutch supermarket chain.

Then after my own 25 seconds with Geddy I was able to hang around next to the signing table a just a little bit longer. That's because I went to the event together with a dozen Dutch super fans (all blokes). They were all patiently (and a bit nervously) waiting at the end of the queue. I managed to film all their encounters with :geddy: That was super fun. He even recognized some of these guys from shows that they've been to over the years because a couple of them are super tall and that led to several short and fun conversations between them.

All in all this bonus Rush adventure was an absolutely pricesless experience and I'm so happy my husband filmed my Amsterdam encounter so that I can live it all again :LOL:

Edited by Catch The Mystery
  • Like 4