What Rush Song Are You Currently Listening To? v.3

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

9 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Chemistry - very under rated track IMHO 

I rate this song quite highly.  Therefor with this, my lordly imprimatur, Chemistry shall no longer be considered underrated.

The figure played at the 12th fret which Alex repeats throughout the song (first appearing at the 45 second mark) sounds like chemistry--you can sense the photons radiating off those electrons.  It's a great fingers/pick coordination exercise as well.  You'd better have your chops in order to play that figure cleanly for relatively lengthy passages.  It's a bit reminiscent of The Spirit of Radio opening figure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dream & vapour said:

I rate this song quite highly.  Therefor with this, my lordly imprimatur, Chemistry shall no longer be considered underrated.

The figure played at the 12th fret which Alex repeats throughout the song (first appearing at the 45 second mark) sounds like chemistry--you can sense the photons radiating off those electrons.  It's a great fingers/pick coordination exercise as well.  You'd better have your chops in order to play that figure cleanly for relatively lengthy passages.  It's a bit reminiscent of The Spirit of Radio opening figure.

Yep I love that figure
🤔 for me the tricky part is getting the timing right by setting the delay correctly.

As you say Alex uses this technic quite a lot during this ‘80-‘82 period … on TSOR as you say … and also on Tom Sawyer 😎