What Rush Song Are You Currently Listening To? v.3

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

23 hours ago, blueschica said:

That's awesome!  I didn't know it was based on a real video. We moved twice during 1993 and 1994 so I missed a lot of Seattle grunge band videos.  I love this send up of Rush by B and B though- " Oh god, it's Rush!"  :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

They even had that video on there.

"Yes!  Nirvarna rules!"
"It's cool and everything but it's giving me nightmares."

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

They even had that video on there.

"Yes!  Nirvarna rules!"
"It's cool and everything but it's giving me nightmares."

:1::1:  Thank you for posting that! Intriguing video plus B and B are hilarious. Hate to admit it but I have a 2 DVD collection of them I watch when I want to laugh.. Plus they make me laugh anyway.. My husband teaches and when the school first gave out computers they were not password protected or anything.. (like 1993). 2 students snuck on there and posted a meme from the B and B episode Tainted Meat as a Screensaver. It was hilarious and we still laugh about it. We went to the wedding of one of the kids later on, they were good kids but not much computer security in those days! (Actually, that can't be right, but I think the school password was 1234 or something like that on every computer, lol)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:33 AM, YYZumbi said:
It has finally arrived! My super deluxe box set of Rush - 40th Anniversary Moving Pictures. And I am starting right away by listen to the live record called Live In YYZ 1981 on vinyl record. I am so happy!

[IMG] [IMG] 
[IMG] [IMG]

That is the exact same thing I did, too. 

I was really interested in the live recording (opinions of a single night or mix, aside) and I really, really liked it a lot!

And having a little red toy car to look at is very nice (opinions of adult toys, aside) and the rest of the box is just amazing to have.

It might be my last 40th purchase, but honestly it fits my "feels" perfectly :)

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 8:34 PM, Charlotte7598 said:

Analog Kid. I'm in love with the guitar solo.

Me too, and it has always been a song I feel I related to, as a young boy. I grew up with a big yard and the idea of lying in the grass staring at the clouds is simply lovely.

You might be aware of Neil's mention that the lines "The fawn-eyed girl with sun-browned legs dances on the edge of his dream" is an actual memory of his from working at an amusement park in his younger days. I really like that song, a lot. 

Great song, seeing it live on CA tour was amazing. That guitar solo got one of the biggest applauses of the night at the Manchester NH show.

4 minutes ago, Bahamas said:

Me too, and it has always been a song I feel I related to, as a young boy. I grew up with a big yard and the idea of lying in the grass staring at the clouds is simply lovely.

You might be aware of Neil's mention that the lines "The fawn-eyed girl with sun-browned legs dances on the edge of his dream" is an actual memory of his from working at an amusement park in his younger days. I really like that song, a lot. 

But, this evening it was some "middle album" songs...

I was just currently listening to Animate and Cut To The Chase (Counterparts).

Then, Presto and Superconductor (Presto). 

Loud. Always good when you when crank up Rush and hear every bit of greatness :)

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 1:34 AM, Charlotte7598 said:

Analog Kid. I'm in love with the guitar solo.

Yes it’s whammy bar heaven 🎸☺️😎

I kid you not, I was finishing the dishes and played Signals.

"Seems to me, it's Chemistry" !! Great sounds, great results from my role is to sing while I play bass and do some keyboard thingies, and mine is to play guitar, me the drums, everybody else - stay with us!

Very energetic song that makes you think at the same time. Great tune, Chemistry :)

• Like 1