What Rush Song Are You Currently Listening To? v.3

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Afterimage.

What a great track. That middle synth ripping into Alex's solo and then the transition back to the lyrics, epic. Lyrically, this song is a gem too. The simplicity in the words are there but the phrases are so spot on for a tragedy: "I feel the way you would", "This is something that can't be understood", "Try to believe but you know it's no good"

This evening I am listening to Rush - Live At Hammersmith Odeon 1978 which is a live recording included on the 40th Anniversary set of A Farewell To Kings. Most of this recording was released earlier on their Different Stages live record, but some songs is added on this one (such as 2112 and Neil's drum solo). I am listening to it on vinyl record.

I just realized something while deciding which record to play...this is by far my favorite anniversary box set that Rush have released so far. 2112 anniversary was mostly just covers of Rush songs which I have no interest in, Hemispheres Anniversary was from the Pinkpop festival which did not include the full song Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres, and the song 2112 was taken from another show, and the Permanent Waves anniversary had the songs in wrong order, and not full concert, and silence between most of the songs. But A Farewell To Kings anniversary did just have the full concert and sounds great... I hope they do the same with the Moving Pictures anniversary and don't mess that up somehow!

https://www.discogs.com/release/11255606-Rush-A-Farewell-To-Kings-40th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-Super-Deluxe

NzgtMjQ5OS5qcGVn.jpeg