Geddy interview in the Toronto Sun- "I miss my buddies . ."

blueschica

There's not that much new in this interview, but Geddy does talk beautifully and sadly a bit about the end of Rush. Nice video, too.

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/music/i-miss-my-buddies-geddy-lee-reflects-on-rush-and-his-love-of-bass?fbclid=IwAR2Hjg3ROEb8KfiBxsI-M5NVeasryKKHGxPC7rJfnMc-2loEhcp_kkmqv7c

• Like 5

Both videos are uploaded as 'unlisted' but have been linked to other older articles/interviews via The Canadian Press. The Canadian Press is a journalist on Toronto Sun.

The first video of Geddy being interviewed via The Canadian Press discussing 'Big Beautiful Book Of Bass' has been posted since Dec 20, 2018.

I saw this video clip connected with another interview about the book from last year as I just mentioned.

The second video clip of Geddy being interviewed via The Canadian Press discussing 'seeing Cream live' has been posted since Feb 16, 2018.

Geddy was discussing his memories of attending Massey Hall as a concert goer and performer in conjunction with the venues new seven year revitalization project.

Only the printed edition of The Toronto Sun article/interview by Jane Stevenson is new per se.

Edited by RushFanForever

I should also mention the following that's quoted in Geddy's Toronto Sun interview.

And who got away?

I wanted Paul McCartney because he could speak about that early Hofner period, but he was unavailable.

Dave Grohl says his mother Virginia and your mother have become besties since she interviewed her for the 2017 book, From Cradle to Stage (about the mothers of music stars).

My mom and my sister went (to that Dave and his mom event at Canadian Music Week earlier in May) because Ginny has become really close with my mom and my sister. And I’ve been talking to Dave because we have this now mom-connection thing. It’s really very sweet. He’s so kind to my mom when she comes to the (Foo Fighters) shows. My mom comes back and tells me about (puts on Yiddish mother accent), ‘How nice David was!’

Below are a couple of interviews with Virginia Grohl promoting her then-upcoming appearance at Canadian Music Week and the actual recent appearance.

Apparently she had a wish to interview Paul McCartney's late mother for her book, but it didn't happen for obvious reasons.

Also I hope that Canadian Music Week will post video footage of the Grohl's appearance quoting what's published in Variety.

Dave Grohl’s mom, Virginia Hanlon Grohl, on what’s it like to raise a rock star

Dave Grohl and His Mom Ring in Mothers’ Day Weekend With ‘Fireside Chat’ at Canadian Music Week

Edited by RushFanForever

So there's still hope for him and Al to do something. That's good.

I have to think about whether there'd be a second Big Book of Bass. Apparently the material Geds submitted to his editor was at least twice the size of the book we got. Would be nice if that unused material was bound into a second volume.

So there's still hope for him and Al to do something. That's good.

I have to think about whether there'd be a second Big Book of Bass. Apparently the material Geds submitted to his editor was at least twice the size of the book we got. Would be nice if that unused material was bound into a second volume.

He would have to come up with a new angle. I'm guessing anything that was edited out was considered by the editor to be weaker material or less relevant to the main theme of the book. I imagine an editor would be hesitant to republish the table scraps, no matter how much Rush fans have proven themselves to be suckers over the years.

<snip>I imagine an editor would be hesitant to republish the table scraps, no matter how much Rush fans have proven themselves to be suckers over the years.

And? After the table scraps are published, BBB will be re-issued with 'lost' interviews, remastered pics in HD, and a special token of appreciation.

Bank on it...;)

My feint hope is that Geddy and Alex will indeed do something together at some point with a supporting tour, and do some Rush songs as part of it.

Hopefully any new material they might produce will itself be worth the price of admission.

That is the closest we will ever get to seeing 'Rush' again.

But I don't consider it something likely to happen.

I'm just glad they're enjoying their retirement and finding new ways to occupy themselves which they seem to be delighted with.

Good for them.

• Like 1