Top ten deep cuts by any artist!

My number one deep cut by that British boy band might well be Hey Bulldog.

Won't argue, I wavered on that one, but it's become the "in" deep cut lately so I didn't go with it. The Beatles Channel loves the song and I've seen/heard some covers the last couple years, this being the most memorable. Great stuff.

• Like 1

From the classic era:

Ice Cream Man

Bottoms Up

Women in Love . . .

Could This Be Magic

Dirty Movies

One Foot Out the Door

Secrets

The Full Bug

Top Jimmy

Drop Dead Legs

Now I've never thought Ice Cream Man was a deep cut. That one always played on my classic rock pandora stations when I was just getting into music years ago.

Van Halen, particularly the Roth era, is another band that doesn't have a lot of "deep" cuts. But I don't think Pandora, which does actually play deep cuts if you leave it on long enough, is the test.

From the classic era:

Ice Cream Man

Bottoms Up

Women in Love . . .

Could This Be Magic

Dirty Movies

One Foot Out the Door

Secrets

The Full Bug

Top Jimmy

Drop Dead Legs

Now I've never thought Ice Cream Man was a deep cut. That one always played on my classic rock pandora stations when I was just getting into music years ago.

Van Halen, particularly the Roth era, is another band that doesn't have a lot of "deep" cuts. But I don't think Pandora, which does actually play deep cuts if you leave it on long enough, is the test.

Hm, I've always thought it was pretty well known among their songs.

From the classic era:

Ice Cream Man

Bottoms Up

Women in Love . . .

Could This Be Magic

Dirty Movies

One Foot Out the Door

Secrets

The Full Bug

Top Jimmy

Drop Dead Legs

Ice cream man is iirc the last song on side 2. As such its the definition of a deep cut

My take on deep cuts arethat they are the last few songs on either side of an lp

I am pretty sure that the term existed pre cds....

From the classic era:

Ice Cream Man

Bottoms Up

Women in Love . . .

Could This Be Magic

Dirty Movies

One Foot Out the Door

Secrets

The Full Bug

Top Jimmy

Drop Dead Legs

Depends on what "well known," means. It isn't on either one of their greatest hits compilations, one of which is a double album. OTOH, it is on Tokyo Dome. But so is Hear About it Later.

Prince:

Jack U Off

Lady Cab Driver

D.M.S.R

The Beautiful Ones

Baby I'm a Star

Condition of the Heart

The Ladder

Sometimes It Snows in April

The Cross

Starfish and Coffee

Do you think the fact that Dance Music Sex Romance is in Risky Business, and is on its soundtrack, impacts it's "deepness?"

From the classic era:

Ice Cream Man

Bottoms Up

Women in Love . . .

Could This Be Magic

Dirty Movies

One Foot Out the Door

Secrets

The Full Bug

Top Jimmy

Drop Dead Legs

Depends on what "well known," means. It isn't on either one of their greatest hits compilations, one of which is a double album. OTOH, it is on Tokyo Dome. But so is Hear About it Later.

Really? I'd always assumed it was on their greatest hits. Hm, I guess it's a deeper cut than I thought. In that case it makes my list too! Possibly EVH's best solo imo.

• Like 1

From the classic era:

Ice Cream Man

Bottoms Up

Women in Love . . .

Could This Be Magic

Dirty Movies

One Foot Out the Door

Secrets

The Full Bug

Top Jimmy

Drop Dead Legs

Really? I'd always assumed it was on their greatest hits. Hm, I guess it's a deeper cut than I thought. In that case it makes my list too! Possibly EVH's best solo imo.

Yeah, like I said, so much of VH's early stuff, PARTICULARLY that debut, is really on the line as to "deepness." But to borrow from you, sort of, I think if you put on your local terrestrial classic rock station, you'll hear Panama, Jump, You Really Got Me, etc. with some regularity. Pandora will play it, but only after you've been listening for a while. So Pandora has to "dig" down a little to get to it. :)

• Like 1

The Black Crowes

Thick N Thin

Don't Wake Me

No Speak No Slave

My Morning Song

Nonfiction

Descending

Bring On Bring On

Nebakanezer

Virtue and Vice

Cypress Tree

I thought I might be the first to post a Black Crowes list here, but no!

“I raise my glass up you, and I bow my head with utmost respect...”

...even if Cypress Tree would not be on my list.

Mine goes like this:

Seeing Things

Black Moon Creeping

My Morning Song (if that counts as a deep cut, I don’t know)

Gone

Feathers

Title Song

(Only) Halfway to Everywhere

Movin’ on Down the Line

Bring on Bring on

Roll Old Jeremiah

• Like 1

The Beatles. Hard to say what's "deep" (discussion has probably been had but I didn't read previous posts). I went with under the radar songs: both songs that the a radio-only listener might not have heard and also aren't considered really significant songs in The Beatles' catalog. For example, while the radio-only listener might not know Tomorrow Never Knows or Dear Prudence, they are too significant to think of as deep tracks (even a casual Beatles fan should know them very well). So that's my reasoning. And apparently I can't count as I listed twelve (I could have left off the two from Yellow Submarine as they seem to have got a lot of attention the last few years). These are my favorite under the radar Beatles tunes.

Things We Said Today

No Reply

I'm a Loser

I'm Looking Through You

For No One

Julia

Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except...

Long, Long, Long

Cry Baby Cry

Hey Bulldog

It's All Too Much

Because

Edited by Rutlefan