Top ten deep cuts by any artist!

The Who (keeping in mind I've only heard some of their albums)

The Punk And The Godfather

Christmas

Cousin Kevin

Acid Queen

The Song Is Over

Getting In Tune

Cut My Hair

I'm One

I've Had Enough

Young Man Blues (from Live At Leeds)

hope these all count, I've certainly never heard any of them on the radio before, though I wish I had.

• Like 2

Bruce Springsteen:

Winter Song (demo)

Thundercrack

Meeting Across The River

Drive All Night

Better Days

State Trooper

Dry Lightning

Protection (demo)

Someday (We'll Be Together)

Cindy

Factory

Aware that's eleven but their are many, many more I could have listed.

Ramrod

Streets Of Fire

All That Heaven Will Allow

Paradise

Just about anything off Magic.

I'd say Magic but amongst fans it's a hit. Those songs you listed are all worthy of being in my own top ten

• Like 1

BOC

Before the Kiss

Wings Wetted Down

Tattoo Vampire

Fireworks

Death Valley Nights

You're Not the One

Mirrors

In the Presence of Another World

Mistress of the Salmon Salt

Stairway to the Stars

Fantastic list.

I'd have Wings Wetted Down, Mistress & Death Valley Nights in my top ten as well.

Dire Straits:

Southbound Again

In The Gallery

Once Upon A Time In The West (live Alchemy)

Portobello Belle (live)

Espresso Love

Hand In Hand

It Never Rains

Ride Across The River

Planet Of New Orleans

When It Comes To You

• Like 2

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

The Revealing Science of God

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

On the Silent Wings of Freedom

Final Eyes

I am waiting

• Like 1

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

Final Eyes

I am waiting

I am on a YES listening bender. What a great group!

Every Little Thing

Astral Traveller

Venture

We have heaven

Ritual

Gates of Delirium

Release Release

Parallels

Into the Lens

City of Love

• Like 2

^You are discovering them for the first time just now? :D I've been a Yes fan longer than I've been a Rush fan and to be honest I could probably do another ten. 98 percent of their output is deep cuts because all you hear on the radio these days is the same four or five songs(at the most).

I actually almost picked Ritual but didn't(because it's on yesshows). I didn't pick anything from 90125 because it's their biggest selling album.

Edited by New_World_Man

AC/DC, Bon era...

Squealer

Baby Please Don't Go

Overdose

Downpayment Blues

Love Hungry Man

There's Gonna Be Some Rockin

Little Lover

What's Next To The Moon

You Aint Got A Hold On Me

Love At First Feel

• Like 3

ACDC, Brian era...

Shake A Leg

Night of the Long Knives

Badlands

Kissin Dynamite

Nick of Time

Fire Your Guns

Shot of Love

Rock Your Heart Out

Safe In New York City

Satellite Blues

• Like 3

^You are discovering them for the first time just now? :D I've been a Yes fan longer than I've been a Rush fan and to be honest I could probably do another ten. 98 percent of their output is deep cuts because all you hear on the radio these days is the same four or five songs(at the most).

I actually almost picked Ritual but didn't(because it's on yesshows). I didn't pick anything from 90125 because it's their biggest selling album.

No. I have been a Yes fan for 40 years! Just happened to be listening to them right now. But yet you picked Gates and Parallels (both on Yesshows) :) Edited by Mithrandir

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

Final Eyes

I am waiting

Some of these are not deep cuts.

“Wonderous Stories” was released as a single (#7 in UK) , and Gates of Delerium is the main track off an album that hit #4 in the UK, and #5 in the US.

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

Final Eyes

I am waiting

“Wonderous Stories” was released as a single (#7 in UK) , and Gates of Delerium is the main track off an album that hit #4 in the UK, and #5 in the US.

My thought on what constitutes a deep cut is a song that one never hears on the radio (yes the radio). I have never heard either of those songs on the radio. And, let's face it, YES doesn't have a whole lot of songs on their 1970's albums, so choosing deep cuts is sort of limiting. Edited by Mithrandir

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

Final Eyes

I am waiting

So that would mean "great gig in the sky" or "on the run" by Pink Floyd are not deep cuts. My definition of a deep cut is one you rarely if ever hear on the radio. I have never heard WS(or GoD for that matter)on the radio(ior at least not for a very long time) so for me it's a deep cut. I guess we all have our own opinion as to what makes something a deep cut.

Edited by New_World_Man

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

Final Eyes

I am waiting

So that would mean "great gig in the sky" or "on the run" by Pink Floyd are not deep cuts. My definition of a deep cut is one you rare if ever hear on the radio. I have never heard WS(or GoD for that matter)on the radio(ior at least not for a very long time) so for me it's a deep cut. I guess we all have our own opinion as to what makes something a deep cut.

Dark Side has sold like 20 billion copies. There is no such thing as a deep cut for an album that widely known.

• Like 1

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

Final Eyes

I am waiting

So that would mean "great gig in the sky" or "on the run" by Pink Floyd are not deep cuts. My definition of a deep cut is one you rare if ever hear on the radio. I have never heard WS(or GoD for that matter)on the radio(ior at least not for a very long time) so for me it's a deep cut. I guess we all have our own opinion as to what makes something a deep cut.

Dark Side has sold like 20 billion copies. There is no such thing as a deep cut for an album that widely known.

So then where do we draw the line? 5 million copies? 2 million? It's not about the album it's about the songs on the album. Sheep and Dogs aren't deep cuts either then and then the whole idea of deep cuts will only apply to obscure bands.

Actually, no it has sold 15 million copies according to the riaa but that doesn't matter. The term deep cuts is subjective anyway.

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

Final Eyes

I am waiting

My thought on what constitutes a deep cut is a song that one never hears on the radio (yes the radio). I have never heard either of those songs on the radio. And, let's face it, YES doesn't have a whole lot of songs on their 1970's albums, so choosing deep cuts is sort of limiting.

Most Yes tracks are deep cuts. If you don't hear it on the radio it's a deep cut plain and simple. No ifs ands and butts and it doesn't matter how many copies the album has sold.

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

Final Eyes

I am waiting

So then where do we draw the line? 5 million copies? 2 million? It's not about the album it's about the songs on the album. Sheep and Dogs aren't deep cuts either then and then the whole idea of deep cuts will only apply to obscure bands.

Actually, no it has sold 15 million copies according to the riaa but that doesn't matter. The term deep cuts is subjective anyway.

I wasn't being serious when I said 20 billion. The album has sold a ridiculous amount of copies worldwide that's all I know.

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

Final Eyes

I am waiting

My thought on what constitutes a deep cut is a song that one never hears on the radio (yes the radio). I have never heard either of those songs on the radio. And, let's face it, YES doesn't have a whole lot of songs on their 1970's albums, so choosing deep cuts is sort of limiting.

Most Yes tracks are deep cuts. If you don't hear it on the radio it's a deep cut plain and simple. No ifs ands and butts and it doesn't matter how many copies the album has sold.

But By that reckoning Close To The Edge is a deep cut.

There’s 3 tracks on both albums.

I'll do one for Yes.

Survival

The Prophet

Perpetual Change

Gates of Delirium

Wonderous Stories

Parallels

Final Eyes

I am waiting

So Hemispheres, Bytor & The Snow Dog, Xanadu, 2112, Natural Sci and so on are deep cuts?