blueschica

Well, Earl or someone said this subform was kind of dead so here is a pic of Alex to liven it up! He looks pretty good, I think! The photo and post are from Jeff Berlin, a bassist that does a project called Jeff Berlin plays Jack Bruce.

Alex and Geddy have kept pretty busy since "retirement" with different projects that show their ongoing love of music and its creative process. I wonder if Neil ever feels anything similar; I would think it would be difficult to quit a process that has been in your blood for so long.

"Alex Lifeson is an old friend for years. He did me the honor of recording his guitar on one of my Jack Bruce tunes, then had this picture snapped just after wrapping up recording." Jeff Berlin

BXlhjp4h.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 15

He looks pretty good.

I was thinking the other day how hard it must have been for him and Geddy when the band broke up.

For the first time in 40+ years, no more touring. No more studio.

I wonder how long it took them to stop being antsy?

Of course, on the other hand, maybe deep down they both were glad to finally stop. It was time.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Well, Earl or someone said this subform was kind of dead so here is a pic of Alex to liven it up! He looks pretty good, I think! The photo and post are from Jeff Berlin, a bassist that does a project called Jeff Berlin plays Jack Bruce.

Alex and Geddy have kept pretty busy since "retirement" with different projects that show their ongoing love of music and its creative process. I wonder if Neil ever feels anything similar; I would think it would be difficult to quit a process that has been in your blood for so long.

"Alex Lifeson is an old friend for years. He did me the honor of recording his guitar on one of my Jack Bruce tunes, then had this picture snapped just after wrapping up recording." Jeff Berlin

BXlhjp4h.jpg

Jeff Berlin is a top bass player! Mostly resides in the jazz world but has also performed rock and other genres.

• Like 2

Jeff Berlin is a badass - I saw him at NAMM. He’s a close associate with Rush - Neil played on a couple of his tracks back in the mid 80s.

Also was a member of “Bruford” with Allan Holdsworth and Bill.

He’s an opinionated task-master, so hopefully he cracked the whip on Al a bit.

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 3

Thanks for the Jeff Berlin info, ducky and chemistry! I saw the photo but didn't really know who he was.

I still wonder about Neil, as you said Lorraine, I wonder if he is antsy without drumming. Maybe the physical pain and (self imposed) resentments about touring outweighed everything. He also has such a strong passion for biking and writing that maybe they just took the place of drumming.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Didn’t Neil and Jeff play in one of those jazz get togethers.I am trying to find it on YouTube.Alex looks like Roger “Streets of London”Whittaker without the glasses

Alex has his 'Vapor Trails' goatee era look back it appears.

Why wasn't Geddy asked to do the Jack Bruce tribute? After all he's one of Geddy's biggest bass heroes.

Then I realized that it's Jeff Berlin playing all the bass parts on this project of course.

A mid 80's photo of Alex and Allan Holdsworth here.

Check out the rest of the musicians Holdsworth is with here and here.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

....looks like he enjoyed a little bit of the Thailand express. :D

Great way to start a Friday.... Laughing my arse off :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

BXlhjp4h.jpg

THE most unassuming badass that ever lived :rush:
  • Like 3

His hairline is composed of plugs. His crown is bald (he wore a wig to cover it up in live shows).

I'm kinda curious as to why a person of his stature and success and age would be concerned about his hair loss

Everyone knows Neil is bald but he wears that ridiculous dashiki to cover it up (maybe it's not a dashiki - I vaguely recall a former post in which someone said that the vaguely Afrocentric hat he wears is not a dashiki) but he whatever it is he wears a vaguely Afrocentric looking thing on his head to cover his baldness.

Geddy appears to have retained a full head of hair.

All that said Alex looks great for his age.

Edited by rftag

His hairline is composed of plugs. His crown is bald (he wore a wig to cover it up in live shows).

I'm kinda curious as to why a person of his stature and success and age would be concerned about his hair loss

Everyone knows Neil is bald but he wears that ridiculous dashiki to cover it up (maybe it's not a dashiki - I vaguely recall a former post in which someone said that the vaguely Afrocentric hat he wears is not a dashiki) but he whatever it is he wears a vaguely Afrocentric looking thing on his head to cover his baldness.

guitarist-alex-lifeson-left-drummer-neil-peart-and-bassis.jpeg?quality=65&strip=all I honestly don't see what you're talking about :cool:

He does look good, and happy with what he is doing! :ebert:

I think the word you are looking for is kufi, or kufi cap. A dashiki is a brightly coloured tunic type of top. Neil would probably be happy to wear either one, to distract from the hair loss . . . :outtahere:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I think the word you are looking for is kufi, or kufi cap. A dashiki is a brightly coloured tunic type of top. Neil would probably be happy to wear either one, to distract from the hair loss . . . :outtahere:

Neil is bald?! I didn't know that..! :o

Neil is bald?! I didn't know that..! :o

Geddy is actually bald too.

Everyone is bald! You, me, treeduck, 73, 73’s unborn twenty-five year old great grandson, etc. Some just don’t know they’re bald yet.

• Like 3

Hahahaha! I love you Chica! Oh and 1973 is trying to steal my thunder but he can't! Shall I bring up my Jeff Berlin Vox Human Neil Peart Champion Thread?

Love it!

We are alway trying something new and creative to spawn serious spontaneous "Signals!"

Wow Chica, I and I need to still respond to your pms.... I am still on Toronto time. I'm tired. LOL!

I am glad that Alex has the goatee back. Looks great. He was cleanly shaven in October. Geddy still has his wild soul patch.

I took a few pics of Geddy but I left him alone.

I love it Chica!

Geddy still looks great too. Trust me. I just saw him last Sunday.

Who cares how they look. They are wonderful humans and I know it for a fact!

Can't wait to go back to Toronto for another round.

I have a few pics of Geddy at the A's Jays' game but I would never put them on a public forum.

I know many of you enjoy my cyber company. I know many of you hate my guts.

I am the world's greatest Rush Fan on the planet Earth, yet I know and understand class and privacy. Even if I do swear like a truck driver on here.

Just keeping things interesting.

Geddy and Alex are so nice.

I love them both.

RUSH ON!

• Like 2