Different Strings on Stingray Music Canada (Classic Rock Station)

RushFanForever

At my workplace we have the Stingray Music satellite classic rock station which plays in the background.

The RUSH songs that get played in rotation are 'Fly By Night', 'Lakeside Park', 'Closer To The Heart', 'The Trees', 'Freewill', 'The Spirit Of Radio', 'Tom Sawyer', 'Limelight', 'Subdivisions', 'New World Man', 'Distant Early Warning' and 'Red Sector A'.

Then one day I hear 'Different Strings' being played on air. My initial thought was "Wow! That's unusual and rare to hear that." The song gets played quite a bit like the other's I've mentioned above.

On a side note, my friend and I were driving in his car with this radio station from Vancouver Island playing. This was a 'request weekend' lunch hour. Someone called in requesting 'Witch Hunt' to be played, which it was.

• Like 2

At my workplace we have the Stingray Music satellite classic rock station which plays in the background.

The RUSH songs that get played in rotation are 'Fly By Night', 'Lakeside Park', 'Closer To The Heart', 'The Trees', 'Freewill', 'The Spirit Of Radio', 'Tom Sawyer', 'Limelight', 'Subdivisions', 'New World Man', 'Distant Early Warning' and 'Red Sector A'.

Then one day I hear 'Different Strings' being played on air. My initial thought was "Wow! That's unusual and rare to hear that." The song gets played quite a bit like the other's I've mentioned above.

On a side note, my friend and I were driving in his car with this radio station from Vancouver Island playing. This was a 'request weekend' lunch hour. Someone called in requesting 'Witch Hunt' to be played, which it was.

That's wonderful! :) I would love to hear some of those songs on a station.

One morning i was in Walmart and they played, I think it was, Test For Echo. I know it was a Rush song from the nineties that you wouldn't expect to hear anywhere, least of all at Walmart. I was so excited to hear it. Just wish I had had someone to share the moment with.

I stopped listening to classic rock stations a couple years ago. They play the same 100 - 150 songs over and over and effing over. 3 from Rush, 3 from heart, 3 from Aerosmith, 3 from Zepp, 3 from Sabbath, 3 from Def Leppard, 3 from Loverboy (yes, that band)... etc. It used to be nice to Circumstances or Vital Signs... or other bands with deeper songs. Done...

So I worked on Canada Day. Yesterday was Canadian theme music playing. Initially I kept wondering, why is the Stingray Canada station playing the same Canadian acts every half hour. Then I realized what it was. A tonne of RUSH (the playlist I mentioned in the first thread), Max Webster, April Wine, Triumph, Loverboy, The Tragically Hip, Neil Young, Jerry Doucette, Glass Tiger, Bryan Adams, Jeff Healey, Crowbar, Ian Thomas, SAGA, Powder Blues Band, Kim Mitchell, Harlequin, The Guess Who, BTO etc. It was a CanCon day.

Also I remember hearing songs by Alannah Myles, Steppenwolf, 54-40, The Northern Pikes, 5 Man Electrical Band, Rough Trade, Idle Eyes, The Payolas and Paul Hyde, Headpins, Andy Kim, Toronto, Tom Cochrane & Red Rider, The Band, Robbie Robertson, Downchild Blues Band, Bruce Cockburn, Doug & The Slugs, Streetheart, Prism, Honeymoon Suite, Nick Gilder, Sweeney Todd, Chilliwack, and FM ("Phasors On Stun") being played on air as well. However I didn't hear any Blue Rodeo that day.

Edited by RushFanForever

I stopped listening to classic rock stations a couple years ago. They play the same 100 - 150 songs over and over and effing over. 3 from Rush, 3 from heart, 3 from Aerosmith, 3 from Zepp, 3 from Sabbath, 3 from Def Leppard, 3 from Loverboy (yes, that band)... etc. It used to be nice to Circumstances or Vital Signs... or other bands with deeper songs. Done...

Same thing with Classic Rock unreasonable facsimile here. Btbh the entire FM band is a joke in SOFLA.

Stingray Music Canada (Classic Rock Station) played 'Xanadu' on air today in its entirety.

Today is the first time I've heard the station playing the song.

Mind you, the station has also played Creedence Clearwater Revival's cover of 'I Heard It Through the Grapevine'.

What's interesting is both songs are 11 minutes and 5 seconds long.

Edited by RushFanForever