Happy Easter, Happy Passover, and Happy Spring!

blueschica

It's really humorous to me how much religion has mandated our lives. I suppose it's a way to keep historical dates and such in mind, and boy, we humans seem to NEED to do this, but I would enjoy a more scientific method, myself...if you look at it closely, most of the 'holidays' we observe today, have their roots in religious 'special' days, or times. We DO NEED to define certain days or times for things to do. A LOT of those needs DO have something to do with one or another religions also. Greeting card companies have gotten into the mess also...

pcG2tzV.gif

Perhaps you should share your views on a different day and in a different thread.

It's cool if you don't share the same beliefs, but it's uncool of you to come into a thread like this and disrespect the views of others.

People, whether you approve, or not, hold this day very dear.

Just wait 'til Earl shows up later on!

BlandJollyJoey-size_restricted.gif

:LOL:

• Like 1

It's really humorous to me how much religion has mandated our lives. I suppose it's a way to keep historical dates and such in mind, and boy, we humans seem to NEED to do this, but I would enjoy a more scientific method, myself...if you look at it closely, most of the 'holidays' we observe today, have their roots in religious 'special' days, or times. We DO NEED to define certain days or times for things to do. A LOT of those needs DO have something to do with one or another religions also. Greeting card companies have gotten into the mess also...

pcG2tzV.gif

Perhaps you should share your views on a different day and in a different thread.

It's cool if you don't share the same beliefs, but it's uncool of you to come into a thread like this and disrespect the views of others.

My Message was, I don't subscribe to religion. if others do, so be it! whatever trips your trigger. I'm not disrespecting anyone's beliefs. Believe what you want to. Allow ME to NOT BELIEVE. Happy Spring!

v72I41n.jpg

pcG2tzV.gif

My Message was, I don't subscribe to religion. if others do, so be it! whatever trips your trigger. I'm not disrespecting anyone's beliefs. Believe what you want to. Allow ME to NOT BELIEVE. Happy Spring!

v72I41n.jpg

:facepalm:

No one is trying to take away your right to not believe, or even proselytizing here.

So why was it necessary for these comments to be inserted into this thread?

• Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

v72I41n.jpg

No one is trying to take away your right to not believe, or even proselytizing here.

All I did, was comment on religion inserting MOST of our Holidays into our calendar. I used to go along with all of them, until I myself started to practice what I'd learned for myself a few years back. I don't wish any harm to those who still believe religious things, that is their right. It's also the right to NOT believe. Obviously, THAT disturbs some folks. Oh well. Sorry if my non belief makes anyone mad. but it IS my right. And my comment was relevant as to WHY this was a religious event for lots of people. That doesn't bother me. I just observed that a LOT of our 'holidays' were extensions of religious dates and times. Big Whoopie. you want to celebrate them MORE POWER TO YA! And as far as inserting them into THIS THREAD, isn't that what MESSAGEBOARDs are about?

nEGgleK.jpg

pcG2tzV.gif

v72I41n.jpg

All I did, was comment on religion inserting MOST of our Holidays into our calendar. I used to go along with all of them, until I myself started to practice what I'd learned for myself a few years back. I don't wish any harm to those who still believe religious things, that is their right. It's also the right to NOT believe. Obviously, THAT disturbs some folks. Oh well. Sorry if my non belief makes anyone mad. but it IS my right. And my comment was relevant as to WHY this was a religious event for lots of people. That doesn't bother me. I just observed that a LOT of our 'holidays' were extensions of religious dates and times. Big Whoopie. you want to celebrate them MORE POWER TO YA! And as far as inserting them into THIS THREAD, isn't that what MESSAGEBOARDs are about?

nEGgleK.jpg

I

It's not worth engaging you any more in this thread. Enjoy your martyrdom.

pcG2tzV.gif

v72I41n.jpg

nEGgleK.jpg

I

Really Dr Phil? Wow...

pcG2tzV.gif

pcG2tzV.gif

As long as people tolerate my Church Of The Latter Day Dude practices in Dudeism, this dude abides...or avoid watching that stupid looking Hop movie from years ago. Stop trying to make Russell Brand happen.

Although I find it ironic considering, indie of 6 years who voted Stein and even republican Whitman in CA 2010 btw, the Orange Satan president is to Christianity what Justin Bieber is to music.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

v72I41n.jpg

nEGgleK.jpg

I

Really Dr Phil? Wow...

pcG2tzV.gif

The UK government is close to passing the Fixed Easter Date Act - if we survive the drawn out mass suicide that is Brexit, of course. I like the fixed date idea and with 53% of the UK population non-believers, it wouldn't upset the majority if we just call it Bumper Spring Long Weekend or something, take all the Theism/Eggs out of it.
  • Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

v72I41n.jpg

nEGgleK.jpg

I

Really Dr Phil? Wow...

pcG2tzV.gif

The UK government is close to passing the Fixed Easter Date Act - if we survive the drawn out mass suicide that is Brexit, of course. I like the fixed date idea and with 53% of the UK population non-believers, it wouldn't upset the majority if we just call it Bumper Spring Long Weekend or something, take all the Theism/Eggs out of it.

Idiotic.

• Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

pcG2tzV.gif

v72I41n.jpg

Thank you, Cat and LABT.

• Like 3