The Who 2019

A question. The Who are touring this summer (and then releasing a new album hopefully this fall) and I may be able to go, but I may prefer to go see a different concert instead. So a question to anyone who’s seen them in the past few years....how are they live anymore? I’ve struggled to find many reviews, and I’m really curious about what the general reception to them has been on their past few tours. Any big complaints? Any big compliments? Can Roger still sing Love Reign O’er Me?
  • Like 1

EP, which bands are your other options if you don't go see The Who?

This is my opinion only (obviously) but .................. the present Who is only half a Who - it's not really The Who anymore. I don't know how much money the tickets are going for, but if your other option(s) is for an intact band, I would go see that band.

Again, just my two cents and what I would do.

• Like 2

EP, which bands are your other options if you don't go see The Who?

This is my opinion only (obviously) but .................. the present Who is only half a Who - it's not really The Who anymore. I don't know how much money the tickets are going for, but if your other option(s) is for an intact band, I would go see that band.

Again, just my two cents and what I would do.

Well the only other serious consideration so far is Judas Priest. A bit cheaper but a bit farther too.

You know I'm a HUGE Who fan but I'm passing on this show ( ummm, maybe I'll go at the last minute ).

A symphonic tour ? It doesn't grab me.

I saw them in Summer of 2017. I got lawn seats and was very happy for that price. I think Roger was having a better night than previous years where he's sounded like garbage. But it could also be some bias because I was there and wasn't listening to the band through very critical ears
  • Like 1

I saw them in Summer of 2017. I got lawn seats and was very happy for that price. I think Roger was having a better night than previous years where he's sounded like garbage. But it could also be some bias because I was there and wasn't listening to the band through very critical ears

I saw them in Vegas same summer and a year earlier as well and was very impressed with Roger's voice both times, especially on Love Reign O'er Me. He killed it both times on that song. Since according to the post above his voice was shot in '06 perhaps he took steps to get it back to a reasonably good level. As a disclaimer I will mention I had never seen them previously so take my opinion as such.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

Everyone in Judas Priest can still hear what they're playing. I would go with them.

Thing is my dad is busy the day JP are playing, so I'd have to go with someone else. Also they're playing like 4 hours away at the closest they get, which isn't terrible but doesn't make me feel like driving back home after the concert...idk. Still leaning towards The Who if I can only see one.

A question. The Who are touring this summer (and then releasing a new album hopefully this fall) and I may be able to go, but I may prefer to go see a different concert instead. So a question to anyone who’s seen them in the past few years....how are they live anymore? I’ve struggled to find many reviews, and I’m really curious about what the general reception to them has been on their past few tours. Any big complaints? Any big compliments? Can Roger still sing Love Reign O’er Me?

I can't wait to see The Who for my fifth and probably final time! Heck I'm seeing The Who in SF on Oct 9th and passing on backstage passes to see Armored Saint open for UFO!

I'm a Who guy first! I have to see Pete one last time!

New album??

SWEET!!!!

I want Pete to call up Simon Phillips after this Who Tour and do one last solo album too!

• Like 1

I can't wait to see The Who for my fifth and probably final time! Heck I'm seeing The Who in SF on Oct 9th and passing on backstage passes to see Armored Saint open for UFO!

New album??

SWEET!!!!

I want Pete to call up Simon Phillips after this Who Tour and do one last solo album too!

Sweet has a new album out? I would have thought those guys would have been killed by their excesses a long time ago...

New album??

SWEET!!!!

Sweet has a new album out? I would have thought those guys would have been killed by their excesses a long time ago...

Turns out pursuing foxes between bouts of ballroom blitzing is beneficial to ones health.... like oxygen

• Like 2

New album??

SWEET!!!!

Turns out pursuing foxes between bouts of ballroom blitzing is beneficial to ones health.... like oxygen

That there's funny

• Like 1

I agree with Lorraine here.

It's the Roger & Pete show.

Not necessarily a bad thing, of course.

It is much like Brian May & Roger Taylor touring with anybody and calling it Queen.

It might make for an amazing evening, but it most certainly is not Queen.

That being said, I also agree with Ramer the Third, an opportunity to see Mr. Townshend should always be seriously considered.

And finally, in answer to the OP question...

...I wouldn't fancy a four hour drive after a rock show, so my vote (for you) is for you and Mr. Amps to go to the Roger and Pete Show, you may never get another chance.

The way Judas Priest is playing and recording it is looking like they will go rocking forever...

...thankfully so I might add.

• Like 2

New album??

SWEET!!!!

That there's funny

That there was equal parts pbr and yuengling....

they sound alright

http://youtu.be/YHBAMrOi5Bg

Dad and I scored cheap tickets! Can't wait! Roger sounds great, and Pete looks like he's having a blast!

Have you listened to this?

http://youtu.be/8sTqX4gM1SM

Just listened to the first two songs, but the sound great, and they look ready to kill (Townsend for sure).