Geddy and Alex in new Gordon Lightfoot documentary

RushFanForever

There's a new documentary film about legendary Canadian singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot titled 'Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind'. Geddy and Alex make an appearance according to a post here.

It appears that the film began production back in 2017 according to here.

The film will be premiered at the Hot Docs Festival in Toronto, which runs from April 25 to May 5 according to here and here.

I couldn't locate a trailer for the film though.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 4

Here's an older photo of Gordon Lightfoot and Geddy Lee below from the original source here.

6603044.2stars.jpg

The photo took place at the Toronto Music Awards in December 1989 when Gordon Lightfoot was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award according to photographer Algis Kemezys.

• Like 3

Thats awesome and so is gordon. Love a bunch of his tunes.

I could see geddy doing a gordo cover....

Funny thing. Gordon rolled through town in the last year or so.

I guess he still tours...

Edited by tangy

I wonder if Geddy remembers this -

In a 1979 issue of Canadian Musician Magazine (front cover had a close up of Geddy with one of his Siamese cats) he was talking about how their music was not the same old typical Canadian music. This is what I remember him saying and it's pretty close:

"We're not a bunch of folkie types like Gordon Lightfoot or a bunch of lumberjacks like BTO"

I tried to find the article on line, but had no luck. I guess it was a young Geddy just being honest but not realizing he may have been slightly rude. I guess Gordon didn't mind... neither did Randy, because they are all friends these days. At least that's what I have heard.

Oh, back in the day, eh?

Great news re doc. Love Gordon Lightfoot.

Here's an older photo of Gordon Lightfoot and Geddy Lee below from the original source here.

6603044.2stars.jpg

The photo took place at the Toronto Music Awards in December 1989 when Gordon Lightfoot was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award according to photographer Algis Kemezys.

Gordo and Geddo. Doesn't get much better than that.

There's a new documentary film about legendary Canadian singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot titled 'Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind'. Geddy and Alex make an appearance according to a post here.

The film will be premiered at the Hot Docs Festival in Toronto, which runs from April 25 to May 5 according to here and here.

No way!!!

I LOVE GORDON LIGHTFOOT!!!

I saw him live a few years ago in South Shore Tahoe!! AMAZING MAN!!

"The Wreck Of the Edmund Fitzgerald" RULES!

• Like 1

No way!!!

I LOVE GORDON LIGHTFOOT!!!

I saw him live a few years ago in South Shore Tahoe!! AMAZING MAN!!

"The Wreck Of the Edmund Fitzgerald" RULES!

Where did you see him there? Harvey's outdoor amphitheater? Tahoe in the summer is one of my favorite places in the world.

Saw Lightfoot in Spokane at what was then called the Opera House in either 1979 or 1980. Damned good show

Edited by driventotheedge

The new Gordon Lightfoot documentary 'If You Could Read My Mind' featuring Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson is available to view in full here.

This content is not available outside of Canada. :(

• Like 1

The new Gordon Lightfoot documentary 'If You Could Read My Mind' featuring Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson is available to view in full here.

This content is not available outside of Canada. :(

I sincerely apology. The geographical restriction nonsense is a pain.

I should've initially realized and noted that this isn't available to view outside of Canada.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

For those individuals outside of Canada who aren't able to view the Gordon Lightfoot documentary, I've transcribed the following bits.

Geddy Lee – He (Gordon Lightfoot) to me is one of the greatest examples of timeless singer-songwriter, you know. A man dedicated to the word and to the tune.

He is our poet laureate; he is our iconic singer-songwriter.

He sent the message to the world that we're not just a bunch of lumberjacks and hockey players up here. You know, we're capable of sensitivity and poetry and that was a message delivered by the success of Gordon Lightfoot internationally. People were more willing to listen to someone from Canada because someone of such enormous talent had paved the way.

Alex Lifeson – He was at the top of the totem pole and we were proud of it.

• Like 3