RIP Paul Raymond of UFO, dead at 73

He was as important as Mogg in relation to the success of Strangers. I never did fully ascertain whether it is Schenker or Tonka Chapman on the recording as I heard Schenker was completely overdubbed.

Underrated performer on some fantastic albums.

• Like 4

l First Heard of them when "Too Hot To Handle" was released on the radio, and Then I saw them special guest with RUSH in April of '77. I soon owned "Lights Out" and 'Obsession'. "Strangers In The Night" Was Bought on the day of release, and every album since. Went back and bought the first three after "Obsession". Paul definitely made the band a contender. R.I.P. :rose: Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 3

l First Heard of them when "Only You Can Rock Me" was released on the radio, and Then I saw them special guest with RUSH in April of '77. I soon owned "Lights Out" and 'Obsession'. "Strangers In The Night" Was Bought on the day of release, and every album since. Went back and bought the first three after "Obsession". Paul definitely made the band a contender. R.I.P. :rose:

I can’t tell you how many times I listened to Lights Out right after I bought it.

• Like 1

l First Heard of them when "Only You Can Rock Me" was released on the radio, and Then I saw them special guest with RUSH in April of '77. I soon owned "Lights Out" and 'Obsession'. "Strangers In The Night" Was Bought on the day of release, and every album since. Went back and bought the first three after "Obsession". Paul definitely made the band a contender. R.I.P. :rose:

I can’t tell you how many times I listened to Lights Out right after I bought it.

That was Me as well! "Electric Phase" and "Love To Love" Are my faves on that album although I love it ALL!

2Gf5agG.jpg

• Like 1

'Alone Again, or' was another song I really loved...and I found out it wasn't written by UFO. LOVE did the song a few years before.

2QaJ2Se.jpg

• Like 1

He was as important as Mogg in relation to the success of Strangers. I never did fully ascertain whether it is Schenker or Tonka Chapman on the recording as I heard Schenker was completely overdubbed.

Underrated performer on some fantastic albums.

Holy Shit! "Strangers" is playing again right now in my house! Did you know Paul was in Chicken Shack? Savoy Brown?

I have al the Paul Raymond Project cds too.

Forgot I had them.

Paul was a pioneer. A LEGEND. So underrated just like UFO!!!

One of the greatest bands in ROCK AND ROLL HISTORY!!!!

Kind of sad I'm missing UFO for THE WHO.

Can't do it all but hell I could write a book.

Most of my book has already been written on 73's fuckking Forum.

A blessing and a curse.

Signed,

Johnny Fukking Blaze

• Like 2