What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

2 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

I hope that by succeeding you don't mean "getting the 'right' answer".   Some of our more enlightened posters here could see right through those code words.

In the spirit of inclusiveness, all my students' answers are required to be prefaced with "Based on my lived experience it feels like one possible answer might be..."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goose said:

In the spirit of inclusiveness, all my students' answers are required to be prefaced with "Based on my lived experience it feels like one possible answer might be..."

Whew, I was starting to get worried there for a second...

• Haha 1

https://loudwire.com/people-mad-pink-floyd-new-dark-side-of-the-moon-anniversary-logo-rainbow/

It's called an album cover, you fragile snowflakes.  You might as well boycott an awesome band just because they're named "Rainbow."  These Francises need to lighten the F up and stick to Kid Rock and 5FDP.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

https://loudwire.com/people-mad-pink-floyd-new-dark-side-of-the-moon-anniversary-logo-rainbow/

It's called an album cover, you fragile snowflakes.  You might as well boycott an awesome band just because they're named "Rainbow."  These Francises need to lighten the F up and stick to Kid Rock and 5FDP.

So they feel a rainbow should now be used exclusively to promote LGBTQ?   :blink:

Ban prisms!  And cancel the sun while you're at it!  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

During a hunting trip, Joseph Austin Smith, 30, of Wichita, Kansas was sitting in the front passenger seat of his buddy's pickup truck when he was shot in the back and killed.  

The back seat of the truck had hunting gear, a loaded rifle and the buddy's dog, who stepped on the rifle, which discharged and struck Smith.  His buddy was sitting in the driver's seat and was uninjured.    

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

https://www.kansas.com/news/state/article271593682.html

Saw a Mercedes CLA-250 in speed/fly yellow today.  Or as I call it, puke yellow.

Damn, why would someone desecrate a car that way?

There's not an automotive vehicle on the face of the earth that looks good in that color-

-and I see them all here in FLA.  Camaros, Mustangs, Vettes, Ferraris, Lambo's you name it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Saw a Mercedes CLA-250 in speed/fly yellow today.  Or as I call it, puke yellow.

There's not an automotive vehicle on the face of the earth that looks good in that color-

-and I see them all here in FLA.  Camaros, Mustangs, Vettes, Ferraris, Lambo's you name it.

That color might be OK for riding lawn mowers……maybe…..:biggrin:

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 4:10 PM, pjbear05 said:

"Taxi!"

• Haha 1

Cruel coincidence:  Former Michigan State star basketball player Keith Appling pled guilty to 2nd degree murder charges Monday.

He shot a relative to death in an argument over a handgun (May 2021).

Just a few hours later, the shooting at Michigan State happened.   :facepalm:

Tuesday, FPL's subcontractors who are responsible for clearing trees, plants, and other debris from the overhead power lines are in my neighbor's and my back yard with chain saws and pole shears. I'm in the house on my tablet when it beeps and the Wi-Fi signal  strength goes to zero. Modem is getting power but no signal, and all my hard line phones are dead.  I go outside and discover one of the tree cutters chain sawed the phone line-no home phone, internet or WiFi.  They look at me like "Oops" and continue on.  I call AT&T for service, earliest they can be out is Thursday AM.  Technician  just left, everything works, tech says he"s putting a damage report claim, so the subcontractor has to pay.  Idiots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2023 at 9:48 PM, laughedatbytime said:

Not gonna click on it....I know what it's gonna be....It always makes me mad.....not gonna click on it.....

[Clicks on it]

:doh:  I JUST KNEW IT!!   :doh:

• Haha 1

It looks like Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams may have "cancelled" his career.   :facepalm:    Gotta love those impromptu rants about people and stuff!  

Newspapers are starting to remove his comic strip from their pages!     

c9bded0c802a6c90872726bfa82c2547.gif

• Like 1

On my way to my local cannabis dispensary in Pomona, 3 cars near my bus stop just sped because there weren't that many cars on the big street during the rain.  What a way to shout "I'M A NARCISSIST!I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!RULES DON'T APPLY TO ME!"

Yeah, you could still wreck your car by yourself and ironically hold up traffic with one wrong move.  People are trying to get back home from work you selfish pricks.

26 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

It looks like Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams may have "cancelled" his career.   :facepalm:    Gotta love those impromptu rants about people and stuff!  

Newspapers are starting to remove his comic strip from their pages!     

Another victim of the race baiters!  :cheer:

Scott Adams -- a racist who's actually dumb enough to broadcast his racism.

All the newspapers in this country are dropping his stupid boring comic. 

I haven't even thought about Dilbert in like 15 years, which was the last time I bought a newspaper. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krystal said:

Scott Adams -- a racist who's actually dumb enough to broadcast his racism.

All the newspapers in this country are dropping his stupid boring comic. 

I haven't even thought about Dilbert in like 15 years, which was the last time I bought a newspaper. 

Who knew he was a right wing racist a$$hole? I didn't until yesterday. 

3 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Who knew he was a right wing racist a$$hole? I didn't until yesterday. 

You think that's a fair characterization, given the full context?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goose said:

Frankly, I know little about this controversy. I'm convinced that if you're a white guy and you're going to make comments on race not in lock step with progressive orthodoxy you better have FU money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, goose said:

From what I've been able to find I'll retract the right wing part because according to him he doesn't support a particular political party but when you call a group of a certain race a "hate group" that is racist. Had George Lopez said the same about white people he'd be in the same position in my opinion.