What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

Ugh !!  :facepalm:  Trying to find an online mental health therapist!  I have too many questions.  Apparently I am going through something along the lines of depression after covid (which apparently can pop up.) 99% sure it is the time and light change. Our Dr. suggested a therapist might be useful anyway and the ones our insurance has are online.

Looking through their "profiles" stinks!  Who are these people?  Why do they have so many times available? They have degrees, but it's weird.  I'm suspicious! :pirate:  And their profiles?  :confused:  (Every single one says "I want to help you be your best self!"  Eww .)  Not a big fan so far.

Edited by blueschica

I did not have the runoff idiot bashing and describing the plot of Fright Night on my bingo card but here we are.  Just for that, he would never have my vote if I were in Georgia.  Fright Night is awesome and the remake is okay if not as good.  Roddy McDowell is spinning in his grave.

https://www.newsweek.com/video-herschel-walkers-fright-night-speech-viewed-nearly-2m-times-1760220

Wait until he finds out Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is fiction.  My lord, he's dumb.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 1:22 PM, invisible airwave said:

I did not have the runoff idiot bashing and describing the plot of Fright Night on my bingo card but here we are.  Just for that, he would never have my vote if I were in Georgia.  Fright Night is awesome and the remake is okay if not as good.  Roddy McDowell is spinning in his grave.

https://www.newsweek.com/video-herschel-walkers-fright-night-speech-viewed-nearly-2m-times-1760220

Wait until he finds out Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is fiction.  My lord, he's dumb.

It seems that all you do is post political topics in Random Samples.  I’ve gone to SOCN, why don’t you?

• Like 1

So a serial rapist and terrorist who did to a cop and Heather Heyer what Manson did to Sharon Tate is back on Twitter by Amber Turd's rebound yet me saying Jenna Ellis can't understand normal thinking is apparently worse than Hitler on that site.  Alexa, what's white rich privilege?

THIk8xE.gif

18 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Twitter

PLEASE, disconnect from Twitter.  Your life will be much better if you do.  

Seriously, free yourself from that pestilence.   There are far better things in life to do.  

• Like 2

Dumb millennial bimbo.  Watch more movies like  Long Kiss Goodnight (looks at avatar), Aliens, Terminator 2, Kill Bill, Atomic Blonde, Tomb Raider, Underworld series…. You didn’t invent it with Hunger Games.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jennifer-lawrence-getting-heat-her-193000846.html

I'm tutoring kids who struggle with math, right now around determining percent.   I am being asked to use a cumbersome method rather than teaching a simple, bullet-proof approach.  It's maddening.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, goose said:

I'm tutoring kids who struggle with math, right now around determining percent.   I am being asked to use a cumbersome method rather than teaching a simple, bullet-proof approach.  It's maddening.

Yes, I'm not sure I could do the newest new math, much less tutor in it. I've seen the subtraction math problems from a friends son and it does seem more cumbersome than borrowing and carrying ! Can't imagine percent. I always sewed things and helped my dad with handyman projects so fractions and percents, inches to yards etc were easy, luckily.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 11:46 AM, goose said:

I applied for a few math tutor jobs in my college youth since it was my best subject in school.  I had a limit, though.  Pre calculus in late 98 Semester of senior year of high school was where I reached my limit.  Didn't get another semester of it since I didn't do well and I was relieved.  That stuff frustrated me.  I only needed two years of math but I took algebra 2nd year because I was so good at it.  If it ain't broke...

• Like 2

Who knew covid could cause atrial fibrillation and a heart attack?  My mom fainted yesterday at her senior residence and they called an ambulance for her. Met her in the ER, she has serious covid  (thanks , sis, who took her out to eat in Xmas crowds 4 times last weekend)  which they think caused afib, the really bad kind, which caused a heart attack, the mild better kind. (NSTEMI, who knew?)  Thank goodness it really was a mild one, I guess. I walked into the ER to see my mom sitting up on a gurney, gesturing and yelling at the Dr that there was no way she had a heart attack, she felt fine.             ( Which was funny in a black humor kind of way.)  We didn't have big Christmas plans this year, which is good as she will be in hospital a few days at least. Onward and upward.

Edited by blueschica

In about two hours Gulfstream Park's thoroughbred horse racing season opens.  It's 48°.  I know horses are hardy creatures, but damn.

12/26 also used to be opening day of the season for the Hollywood greyhound track.  Brr!

People who don't backup their data on their devices despite being told to do so on many occasions.

And then they moan when their HDD fails and they've lost everything and expect me to do something about it.

Ugh. Will be so glad to see 2023! As a consequence of spending hours and hours in the ER and hospital with my mom this week, I woke up with covid this morning. Like the running a 102 degree fever kind. :sad:   Fortunately our Dr. Is an angel and has on call hours even on New Years eve. Started Paxlovid and have my fingers crossed for feeling better. Please hurry, 2023! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blueschica said:

Ugh. Will be so glad to see 2023! As a consequence of spending hours and hours in the ER and hospital with my mom this week, I woke up with covid this morning. Like the running a 102 degree fever kind. :sad:   Fortunately our Dr. Is an angel and has on call hours even on New Years eve. Started Paxlovid and have my fingers crossed for feeling better. Please hurry, 2023! :thumbsup:

Excellent, feel better soon!

• Like 2

On Saturday, an airport ground crew worker in Alabama got sucked into a plane's engine.  The plane was parked but the engines were running.      

Truth is more horrible than fiction.   :sad:

Saw "Taliban 20" trending.  I've heard of bad narcissistic flexes without any self awareness while saying the quiet part out loud but Rapey McForehead from Florida takes the cake for "owning" the other side by calling yourself a proud terrorist.  I'm glad the moron from Bakersfield failed but still...

zRaMAmu.gif

Q:  What made you laugh, sad and do a facepalm today?

A:  Our U.S. House of Representatives.   :laugh: :sad: :facepalm:

• Like 3

The fact that my co-worker is going to let her boyfriend baby trap her.

20 years from now her kids are going to be working dead end jobs and supporting their elderly parents b/c mom and dad didn't dig birth control. Ahhhhhhh breeder culture.

On 1/4/2023 at 1:52 PM, Principled Man said:

Q:  What made you laugh, sad and do a facepalm today?

A:  Our U.S. House of Representatives.   :laugh: :sad: :facepalm:

Just today?

:laugh:

• Like 3

On 1/11/2023 at 8:59 AM, BigMontanaSKY said:

The fact that my co-worker is going to let her boyfriend baby trap her.

20 years from now her kids are going to be working dead end jobs and supporting their elderly parents b/c mom and dad didn't dig birth control. Ahhhhhhh breeder culture.

Dark, brah.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 1:46 PM, goose said:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Lol.  Of course, the kids' math teacher is pissed that normally struggling students are succeeding using the strategy I taught them.  And I love that the kids see how dumb that is.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, goose said:

Lol.  Of course, the kids' math teacher is pissed that normally struggling students are succeeding using the strategy I taught them.  And I love that the kids see how dumb that is.

I hope that by succeeding you don't mean "getting the 'right' answer".   Some of our more enlightened posters here could see right through those code words.

• Haha 1