What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

53 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

The "I hate cancel culture" people want to cancel Anne Frank.  EVERY.ACCUSATION.IS.A.CONFESSION.

Looks like Bugs Bunny has another state to saw off, no offense to the sane people there.

"A parent who opposes the ban believes it may have been challenged".   Fine reporting from a Twitter account known for its impartiality and reasonableness.

:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

"A parent who opposes the ban believes it may have been challenged".   Fine reporting from a Twitter account known for its impartiality and reasonableness.

:facepalm:

It gets better.  It's not even the Diary of Anne Frank, it's an adaptation of it.

:facepalm: indeed

• Like 1

Florida is making teacher's jobs much more difficult and these laws cause confusion and distrust.  Ironic how the party of freedom wants to censor books. :facepalm:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Florida is making teacher's jobs much more difficult and these laws cause confusion and distrust.  Ironic how the party of freedom wants to censor books. :facepalm:

They also decided to remove the Bible which is absolutely horrifying. How are those children going to learn morals and being kind and peaceful and accepting others of different faiths and beliefs? :wink:

Alec Baldwin said his shooting of Halyna Hutchins on the set of “Rust” has “taken years off my life” and cost him professionally.

https://pagesix.com/2022/08/19/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-has-taken-years-off-my-life/

Poor guy.   :eh:

• Like 2

My foolish ex-wife bemoaning how she doesn`t know anyone in London, where she is moving to in a couple of weeks, but has absolutely no need to. Not sure if she`s totally overcome her BPD/impulse issues. :facepalm: I`m sure I`ll get to deal with the aftermath if it all goes wrong though! :yes:

• Like 1

Even I read books once in awhile since Audible makes it easier for me to concentrate and as a kid in school.  Also, brussel sprouts aren't that bad and you can always add seasoning.  He's probably dumb enough to eat them raw instead of cooked.  Sick of this narcissist fish stick hobbit lover.

https://consequence.net/2022/09/kanye-west-hasnt-read-any-book/

About 1:30 yesterday afternoon I hear the familar sound a helicopter hovering west of my backyard.  Upon checking two choppers are hovering, pointing north.  possibly something's up at the high school about a mile away.  Upon scanning tv one channel breaks into the program, showing cops with long guns  on the scene, and as the camera pulls back I see the mural of the school's logo, and the reporter saying the school, and the elementary school across the street, are both locked down due to a 911 call of a person with a gun in a flak vest on campus.  Turned out to be a hoax, no gunperson, everybody's safe.  911 call origin "undetermined at this time."

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 6:05 AM, pjbear05 said:

About 1:30 yesterday afternoon I hear the familar sound a helicopter hovering west of my backyard.  Upon checking two choppers are hovering, pointing north.  possibly something's up at the high school about a mile away.  Upon scanning tv one channel breaks into the program, showing cops with long guns  on the scene, and as the camera pulls back I see the mural of the school's logo, and the reporter saying the school, and the elementary school across the street, are both locked down due to a 911 call of a person with a gun in a flak vest on campus.  Turned out to be a hoax, no gunperson, everybody's safe.  911 call origin "undetermined at this time."

Glad it was a hoax.  Last week we had a guy board a school bus with a sidearm, apparently allowed on board by the driver to teach an unruly kid a lesson.  The apparent lesson:  Adults sometimes do stupid things that get themselves fired or arrested.

Ayahuasca is not a drug.  It has properties in it that have hallucinogenic abilities. But it's not a drug. We're talking about plants here.

-- Aaron Rodgers

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

The FDA just put out a new warning about NyQuil:  Do NOT cook your chicken in NyQuil, because it could kill you.  

It seems that a TikTok challenge has people boiling a whole chicken in NyQuil.  

The Darwin Awards never run low on candidates and potential candidates.  

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Kanye being his usual Kanye self.  How did he go from "George Bush doesn't care about black people" to the crap he pulled yesterday?

zkEMmQL.gif

He stopped listening to racists.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Someone this clueless is president of the us

Or

Someone this disingenuous and contemptuous of other people's intelligence is president of the us

You pick.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

You don't give us much choice? Your opinion is steadfast.

And that made you do a facepalm, now? There have always been differing opinions between the parties.

How about we stick to every day facepalms like "oh-ma-gerd" type stuff and not bring more, not heaping politics into it?

(Please don't see disrespect) 

• Like 2

To make matters worse, he's a Marvel (speaking of establishment, hypocrite) boot licker and praised his less critically acclaimed movies like NYNY.  The only thing uneven is your deserved ratio.  Oh, and thanks to Guillermo Del Toro for sticking up for Marty.

Edited by invisible airwave

15 hours ago, Bahamas said:

And that made you do a facepalm, now? There have always been differing opinions between the parties.

How about we stick to every day facepalms like "oh-ma-gerd" type stuff and not bring more, not heaping politics into it?

It's funny how the majority of political facepalms pushing absurd left positions aren't dissected, but the moderate and right leaning ones keep getting called out.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Bahamas said:

How about using a critical eye and dissecting how irrational this really is.  It's not a difference of opinion, it's a deficit of critical thinking.   It's as facepalm worthy as driving a car into a storefront.

You are right, I am not using a critical eye and dissecting the irrationality of it.

Because I look at this topic for reasons that are not political, but personal.

Maybe I am wrong and I will stop looking at who had a facepalm yesterday - but I thought it would  be for personal wonderment at why a person had a facepalm and not a comment on headline politics that lately tend to creep into everything...all matters. It's not awareness or intelligence, is it? A development over time isn't really "What made you do a facepalm today". Tell me I am wrong and I will step away from the topic.

Again, I respect your opinion but don't see why it is being expressed here.

• Like 3

On 10/9/2022 at 9:18 PM, Bahamas said:

You are right, I am not using a critical eye and dissecting the irrationality of it.

Because I look at this topic for reasons that are not political, but personal.

Maybe I am wrong and I will stop looking at who had a facepalm yesterday - but I thought it would  be for personal wonderment at why a person had a facepalm and not a comment on headline politics that lately tend to creep into everything...all matters. It's not awareness or intelligence, is it? A development over time isn't really "What made you do a facepalm today". Tell me I am wrong and I will step away from the topic.

Again, I respect your opinion but don't see why it is being expressed here.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is (the comment in question was only made the day before it was posted), but is your problem with my comment, or all political comments?  If it's the latter, fine, but it's an interesting time to make that comment given the other content on just this page.  But I can't think of too many things that are more face palm worthy than the ostensible leader of the free world advancing such a ludicrous idea.  Then again, RS is a place diversity of thought goes to die; the Good People ™ here are of one mind; only the Opinions (that are) All Provided ™ that are permissible among such Good People ™.