What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

I've had it with this mother fing disrespect for Sam on this mother fing ceremony! The real slap in the face if you ask me. Also, hip hop for Godfather? That's more appropriate for a style over substance movie like Scarface. This ain't the MTV Awards. Drop the Steve Buscemi fellow kids crap please.

RVtB29j.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave

I've had it with this mother fing disrespect for Sam on this mother fing ceremony! The real slap in the face if you ask me. Also, hip hop for Godfather? That's more appropriate for a style over substance movie like Scarface. This ain't the MTV Awards. Drop the Steve Buscemi fellow kids crap please.

I wish I could get worked up over the Oscar ceremony but I stopped watching and caring like 17 years ago.

• Like 2

I wish I could get worked up over the Oscar ceremony but I stopped watching and caring like 17 years ago.

That recently huh? Good for you. You hung in there for a good long while then. I'm impressed. :)

Howard Stern calling Johnny Depp a narcissist and Mick Jagger going full "How you fellow kids doing?" withe what he believes to be the future of "rock."  Him and Steven Tyler are the worst offenders of that Steve Buscemi meme. No wonder Keith is better.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/mick-jagger-says-machine-gun-kelly-and-yungblud-are-the-reason-there-is-still-a-bit-of-life-in-rock-n-roll

He needs to listen to PUP and Turnstile, not this Disney pop shit.

Tennessee state Rep. John Ray Clemmons asked state Rep. Jerry Sexton what he would do with the books that he and the state consider inappropriate for libraries.

Clemmons:  “You going to put them in the street? Light them on fire? Where are they going?”  

Sexton:  “I don’t have a clue, but I would burn them."  

Clemmons:  “That’s what I thought."  

451  :facepalm: 's

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Tennessee state Rep. John Ray Clemmons asked state Rep. Jerry Sexton what he would do with the books that he and the state consider inappropriate for libraries.

Clemmons:  “You going to put them in the street? Light them on fire? Where are they going?”  

Sexton:  “I don’t have a clue, but I would burn them."  

Clemmons:  “That’s what I thought."  

451  :facepalm: 's

Ugh. Give me a break.  No one is breaking anyone's arm, making them check out books that they are not interested in. I worked in a library for a long time, don't get me started :biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Ugh. Give me a break.  No one is breaking anyone's arm, making them check out books that they are not interested in. I worked in a library for a long time, don't get me started :biggrin::biggrin:

For self-righteous, superstitious zealots like Sexton, the mere presence of the books cannot be tolerated.  It’s a grave threat to his worldview.  

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 9:14 PM, Principled Man said:

For self-righteous, superstitious zealots like Sexton, the mere presence of the books cannot be tolerated.  It’s a grave threat to his worldview.  

Better be banning the Bible while you are at it Mr. Sexton

, way too much sex and violence.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Total hypocrisy and tone deaf response from Justice Thomas “I do think that what happened at the court is tremendously bad...I wonder how long we’re going to have these institutions at the rate we’re undermining them.”

Talk to Ginny about that Clarence..:facepalm:

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 2:40 AM, Rhyta said:

Total hypocrisy and tone deaf response from Justice Thomas “I do think that what happened at the court is tremendously bad...I wonder how long we’re going to have these institutions at the rate we’re undermining them.”

And he's calling others bullies by being a dicktim.  Every accusation is a confession with this "I know you are but what am I?"  crap.  Zip it, Pee Wee Thomas.

1 hour ago, invisible airwave said:

Every accusation is a confession with this "I know you are but what am I?"  crap.

This is true, but of the people attacking Thomas, not Thomas’ responses to those attacks.  

• Like 2

On 5/14/2022 at 2:40 AM, Rhyta said:

Forest for the trees. 

10 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Random Liberal/Progressive Samples

The Same Base Level Static Of Talk

aka "Where you're entitled to our opinion"

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, workingcinderellaman said:

This thread seems to be getting too political for RS. I'm curious why this stuff isn't in SOCN. 

I think that many regularly use the facepalm and pissed off threads to drop in political attacks that are affirmed by echoes rather than try and make a supportable point in SOCN.  

• Like 2