What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

Governor of Florida berating high school kids that were standing on stage with him for wearing masks. What a POS

And please someone come in tell me how masks don't work and yadda yadda yadda............I'll let you off the hook before you do. The point here is that he's berating KIDS!! God what an asshat. We had a state senator do the same thing here. Fukking pathetic pieces of shit.

• Like 1

As someone who took broadcast classes and know how pay TV contracts work, this is just flat out partisan arrogance. All studios have library deals for older movies once they're done with their exclusive home. Starz has been playing Fox movies for quite some time before Disney bought them. That's how the system works you dummies.

7PB5qVy.jpg

• Like 1

Noodling about in my laundry room I notice the water heater pilot is not glowing. Sure enougb, water is barely warm. Make 4 or 5 attempts to relight-thank God it uses a push button igniter, so no fooling around with a live flame. Pilot will initially light, but goes out when you release the on/off/light button. I say screw it and per the instructions on the heater "after several attempts" shut the heater off and call the gas company, which is also the service provider. They'll call back when service can be had, but it won't be tonight. Slight inconvenience but no biggie-yet.

Governor of Florida berating high school kids that were standing on stage with him for wearing masks. What a POS

And please someone come in tell me how masks don't work and yadda yadda yadda............I'll let you off the hook before you do. The point here is that he's berating KIDS!! God what an asshat. We had a state senator do the same thing here. Fukking pathetic pieces of shit.

He didn’t berate anyone. He told kids why he thought they shouldn’t wear them and then told them they could do what they wanted. You should stop believing headlines from news organizations which have made a living out of lying (hint, it’s all of them).

• Like 1

He didn’t berate anyone. He told kids why he thought they shouldn’t wear them and then told them they could do what they wanted. You should stop believing headlines from news organizations which have made a living out of lying (hint, it’s all of them).

His actual quote was, "You do not have to wear those masks. I mean, please take them off," DeSantis was heard saying. "Honestly, it's not doing anything, and we've gotta stop with this COVID theater."

"So if you want to wear it, fine, but this is ridiculous," he continued, sighing into the microphones.

• Like 2

His actual quote was, "You do not have to wear those masks. I mean, please take them off," DeSantis was heard saying. "Honestly, it's not doing anything, and we've gotta stop with this COVID theater."

"So if you want to wear it, fine, but this is ridiculous," he continued, sighing into the microphones.

Exactly. As I said, he didn’t berate anyone and told kids why he thought they shouldn’t wear them and then told them they could do what they wanted.

• Like 1

^^^ This post right here. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 3

And he was seen wearing a mask days later. Do as I say not as I do.

• Like 1

Seeing as you live in California, this is as rich as it gets

Funny how the term "covidiot" has taken a 180 degree turn

• Like 2

^^^ This post right here. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

^^^ This post right here :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by driventotheedge

Politicians of all stripes are known to pander for votes or monetary donations even if it means being a hypocrite.

• Like 1

Politicians of all stripes are known to pander for votes or monetary donations even if it means being a hypocrite.

The terms politician and hypocrite are virtually interchangeable, so discussing them is more laughable than interesting.

A shame some can't or won't talk about economics or science without bringing partisan nonsense into it.

True story. My SUV is stuck in my yard. Heavy rains saturated the soil here. Dummy me, I went to Lowes today for a bunch of bags of mulch, and drove into my yard to unload them.

Front wheels of my non-4WD city slicker 'Jeep' are 4 inches in the mud.

I tried to rock it out, like as if I was getting out of snow up north.

Hah, no.... Tow truck coming tomorrow. Heavy Rescue 401 right here just outside Charlotte.......

PS: My trees better grow extra for me this year..... given this uncool embarrassment over here.

Edited by grep
  • Like 3

True story. My SUV is stuck in my yard. Heavy rains saturated the soil here. Dummy me, I went to Lowes today for a bunch of bags of mulch, and drove into my yard to unload them.

Hah, no.... Tow truck coming tomorrow. Heavy Rescue 401 right here just outside Charlotte.......

PS: My trees better grow extra for me this year..... given this uncool embarrassment over here.

Oops. My sympathies.

I had a "city slicker" pickup at one time. Bought it in SoCal and figured "what do I need 4 wheel drive for?". Unforeseen move back to Washington less than a year later. Buy sandbags and curse my luck. 4 wheel/all wheel drive vehicles since then.

• Like 2

Oops. My sympathies.

I had a "city slicker" pickup at one time. Bought it in SoCal and figured "what do I need 4 wheel drive for?". Unforeseen move back to Washington less than a year later. Buy sandbags and curse my luck. 4 wheel/all wheel drive vehicles since then.

I love the Cherokee model. I'm on my 2nd one. Up in NY it was easy to get a 4WD model with all the interior creature comforts including heated seats/wheel. Big sunroof.

Here in NC, not so easy. $pecial order to get what I want. Off the lot, either get 4WD with a barebones interior setup, or FWD with all the neat stuff. So I went for the latter. Figure that if I want to drive on the beach again, I can rent something.

Lot of good the heated seats did me last night. LOL

I'm out now.... the tow guy came and pulled me out of the muck and onto firmer soil. And now my city slicker Jeep looks like it's been out for a 4WD experience. I'm not gonna clean it for a while now.

Edited by grep

Oops. My sympathies.

I love the Cherokee model. I'm on my 2nd one. Up in NY it was easy to get a 4WD model with all the interior creature comforts including heated seats/wheel. Big sunroof.

Here in NC, not so easy. $pecial order to get what I want. Off the lot, either get 4WD with a barebones interior setup, or FWD with all the neat stuff. So I went for the latter. Figure that if I want to drive on the beach again, I can rent something.

I'm out now.... the tow guy came and pulled me out of the muck and onto firmer soil. And now my city slicker Jeep looks like it's been out for a 4WD experience. I'm not gonna clean it for a while now.

Oh yeah, you gotta leave all that on it for a while for sure. "I been tearin' it up!"

• Like 1

Oops. My sympathies.

Oh yeah, you gotta leave all that on it for a while for sure. "I been tearin' it up!"

Yeah, tearing up my back lawn. What an adventure!!!!!

• Like 2