What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

Washington, D.C., its incompetence and its shameful lack of preparation for what they knew would probably happen today.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

y3F1HMl.jpg

Sounds about white.

Dark-skinned hood boys would have never gotten inside the building.

• Like 2

Some asshole from an 800 number calls saying they're going cut off my electricity within 30 minutes for non-payment of my bill. "Please press 2 NOW to speak to a representative or call. .." Yeah, right. That was an hour ago. Mofo's are getting desparate. :facepalm:

I don't even answer the phone when I see numbers like that. Also, if you're utilities are going to be cut off, they don't give you the courtesy of a phone call right before.

People actually fall for this?

I don’t think it’s right to call out those “falling for this”. They might be naive or gullible but first, these are the actions of lowlife snakes.

Yes, the con artists are lowlife snakes.

Yes, their victims should be ashamed of themselves for being dumb enough to fall for the scams.

If I see a number I don't recognize, I just google it and most of the time it's a telemarketer and I instantly block them. I just got one a few days ago from the bay area and I don't know anyone from the city that called me.

Some asshole from an 800 number calls saying they're going cut off my electricity within 30 minutes for non-payment of my bill. "Please press 2 NOW to speak to a representative or call. .." Yeah, right. That was an hour ago. Mofo's are getting desparate. :facepalm:

I don't even answer the phone when I see numbers like that. Also, if you're utilities are going to be cut off, they don't give you the courtesy of a phone call right before.

I don’t think it’s right to call out those “falling for this”. They might be naive or gullible but first, these are the actions of lowlife snakes.

Yes, their victims should be ashamed of themselves for being dumb enough to fall for the scams.

Right right because shame is the answer when someone is f***ed out of their money by a scumbag.

Right right because shame is the answer when someone is f***ed out of their money by a scumbag.

Shame is a subset of personal responsibility. It is everyone's responsibility to protect themselves from thieves and scam artists.

Shame has long been an effective means of deterring bad behavior. If you teach children to have no personal shame, then you get shameless behavior, like what is happening in Washington, D.C. today.

• Like 2

Shame is a subset of personal responsibility. It is everyone's responsibility to protect themselves from thieves and scam artists.

Shame has long been an effective means of deterring bad behavior. If you teach children to have no personal shame, then you get shameless behavior, like what is happening in Washington, D.C. today.

Okay so when your elderly mum is swindled out of any money please be the first in line to shame her. It’s the only way she’ll learn. I’ll be second. After all, shame has long been an effective means of deterring bad behavior.

• Like 2

I always answer those calls. I keep them on the line as long as I can. My theory is every minute they spend with me is one less minute with someone who might give them something besides fake credit card numbers.

• Like 2

Okay so when your elderly mum is swindled out of any money please be the first in line to shame her. It’s the only way she’ll learn. I’ll be second. After all, shame has long been an effective means of deterring bad behavior.

:lol:

I live with and take care of my elderly mother. If she were to get swindled by any scam, SHE would be the first in line. She would shame herself. She’s not afraid to admit when she makes a mistake.

It’s unfortunate that so many people today have such fragile egos and low self-esteem. Self-criticism and admitting that they did something dumb would crush them. Poor babies always need to be told that nothing is ever their fault.

• Like 1

:lol:

I live with and take care of my elderly mother. If she were to get swindled by any scam, SHE would be the first in line. She would shame herself. She’s not afraid to admit when she makes a mistake.

It’s unfortunate that so many people today have such fragile egos and low self-esteem. Self-criticism and admitting that they did something dumb would crush them. Poor babies always need to be told that nothing is ever their fault.

I know you live with your elderly mom. Anyone who reads your posts would know that. I’m not talking about her feeling shame. I’m talking about you shaming her. It’s about me shaming her after you. There’s a massive difference between you and me shaming her and her feeling ashamed for her inability to find the swindler.

Go ahead and shame everyone you think made a stupid mistake. See where that gets you. See where that gets that person.

One of your interests listed is “getting slim”. Next time you eat a jelly doughnut let’s get everyone on here to shame you and make you feel like shit for cheating on your quest to get slim. That wouldn’t solely be a matter of your low self-esteem. It’d also be a matter of people being assholes trying to shame you with the idea that “shame is an effective means of deterring bad behavior.”

Student emails me yesterday wondering why class is not meeting at 10:30. I tell him he's enrolled in the MW class that meets at 9:00!

Same student emails me today to apologize for sleeping late and missing the first day!

Not a good start, my man.

Student emails me yesterday wondering why class is not meeting at 10:30. I tell him he's enrolled in the MW class that meets at 9:00!

Same student emails me today to apologize for sleeping late and missing the first day!

Not a good start, my man.

That reminds me of an upper-level history course I took. It met one night a week, for 2 hours.

In the 3rd session, we had an extra student in the class. The professor asked him why he was there. The clueless guy explained that he added the class after Week 1 and was sick during Week 2.

He then said to the professor, "Do you have a problem with that?" :facepalm:

The professor just smiled and replied, "Talk to me during the break."

He wasn't in the classroom after the break. :lol:

• Like 1

That was really good........errr....I mean bad LOL

I ain’t clicking on that. NO WAY!!

It is hilarious that people can actually make it to a stage without someone along the way, kind of letting them know that maybe that might not be a good idea!

Do you suppose those enablers think their friends/family/clients are actually good, or they're just being encouraging, or are they laughing on the inside and enjoying the terrible?

It is hilarious that people can actually make it to a stage without someone along the way, kind of letting them know that maybe that might not be a good idea!

Do you suppose those enablers think their friends/family/clients are actually good, or they're just being encouraging, or are they laughing on the inside and enjoying the terrible?

Good question Nova. Probably the latter LOL

• Like 1

That was really good........errr....I mean bad LOL

I ain’t clicking on that. NO WAY!!

The final clip with a Comfortably Numb Cover is a must see in a car crash kind of way.

After that I have so much more respect for Nickleback.

It's obvious more than ever that Guitar Center doesn't give a shit who they sell gear to.

At least the kid with the 30 foot guitar flip had the right idea.

Edited by HemiBeers

44 Ignorant Fools

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

And that mulligan remark by Mike Lee. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I didn't dare to look into the sordid details. I want to get some sleep tonight.

Edited by Principled Man