What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

1590634069[/url'>' post='4771703']
1590540825' post='4771130']
1590523753[/url]' post='4770998']

So here's my state's latest foray into the national news, which I'm sure you've seen:

ETM2T2YXIJDW3JBI5TTIDOGUNQ.jpg

And this, Governor, is why "personal responsibility" is a great line in a speech, but pretty useless as public policy.

I see that in times like these and think this:

Hmmm....I don't see many octogenarians in that photo.

They’re probably at home, waiting for their grandchildren to come over and infect them.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Oh, every year local media is full of stories of "grannies gone wild," riding their scooters too fast in crowded shopping areas, playing canasta or bridge until two or three in the morning, etc. They're a menace.

Most of the people in that photo will be perfectly fine, but they don't live on an island. They have grandparents, they have co-workers, and they probably have younger brothers or sisters who might have friends with complications, like my sixteen-year-old son who has a friend who has CF; COVID is not some distant thundercloud to her -- it is an imminent danger.

I'm not worried about the people in pool getting infected; I'm worried about them infecting others, and on, and on, and on, and the disruption continues.

• Like 2

Oh, every year local media is full of stories of "grannies gone wild," riding their scooters too fast in crowded shopping areas, playing canasta or bridge until two or three in the morning, etc. They're a menace.

Most of the people in that photo will be perfectly fine, but they don't live on an island. They have grandparents, they have co-workers, and they probably have younger brothers or sisters who might have friends with complications, like my sixteen-year-old son who has a friend who has CF; COVID is not some distant thundercloud to her -- it is an imminent danger.

I'm not worried about the people in pool getting infected; I'm worried about them infecting others, and on, and on, and on, and the disruption continues.

Unless they're mingling with oldies or the infirmed, it's of little consequence, imo. Time will tell.

Unless they're mingling with oldies or the infirmed, it's of little consequence, imo. Time will tell.

That's the point, they think they are immune but who knows who they will infect who won't be strong enough to fight it. They need to act like they give a damn instead of acting like spoiled brats. I suppose if they get told to wear their seat belts they'll pull out their guns and say they are being repressed.... :16ton:

• Like 2

Minneapolis, Minnesota

:( :( :(

DP5XfRh.jpg

They even took a police station.....and the police let them. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

dFzdeXb.jpg

Edited by Principled Man

https://www.bet.com/...asks-her-t.html

A racist Karen AND an animal abuser. Go to hell, Amy Cooper.

Yeah that was damn pathetic.

Apparently her employer caught wind of this news and put her on administrative leave. Good!

Additionally, her dog has been taken from her (though she voluntarily surrendered the pup). Good!

No this nutjob got fired from her white privileged (probably high paying) job.

Oh my god there's a black man in my presence telling me that i'm not following the rules, so i'm calling the police to tell on him. And I'm so upset that is justification for dragging my dog around by his collar. :facepalm:

Let's go back to the beginning:

If you a) either followed the rules or b) followed the man's advice you would:

1. still have your job

2. still have your dog (which would likely continue to face her abuse)

3. not be a reason to be recorded.

4. not be made an international horse's ass of yourself.

• Like 3

CNN reporter in Minny was arrested while doing a live report on the rioting. Oh yeah he's black as well.

https://www.cnn.com/...sted/index.html

Thank you for further examples of what the f***ing problem is with your police department. Cameras and Free Press - ENEMIES OF THE STATE!

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

https://www.bet.com/...asks-her-t.html

A racist Karen AND an animal abuser. Go to hell, Amy Cooper.

Yeah that was damn pathetic.

Apparently her employer caught wind of this news and put her on administrative leave. Good!

Additionally, her dog has been taken from her (though she voluntarily surrendered the pup). Good!

No this nutjob got fired from her white privileged (probably high paying) job.

Oh my god there's a black man in my presence telling me that i'm not following the rules, so i'm calling the police to tell on him. And I'm so upset that is justification for dragging my dog around by his collar. :facepalm:

Let's go back to the beginning:

If you a) either followed the rules or b) followed the man's advice you would:

1. still have your job

2. still have your dog (which would likely continue to face her abuse)

3. not be a reason to be recorded.

4. not be made an international horse's ass of yourself.

When I posted that, she wasn’t yet fired.

f**k her and her “I’m not racist. I’m sorry” apology. She claims not to be racist yet the first thing she did was to call the police under the wordage of a black man threatening her life even though that wasn’t the case at all. I don’t wish any harm on her or want her to receive any death threats but f**k her. Maybe some shame and a bit of unemployment time will make her think harder next time.

• Like 1

Our chaos goblin in chief threatened to shut down social media after getting called out on libeling an idiotic talking head.

"Chaos Goblin" :LOL: :clap:

If I could wave my magic wand.....

I would make everyone in the media completely ignore the Sociopath Chaos Goblin-in-Chief. Shut down the Twitter account, stop all the press conferences, eliminate any means to communicate with the outside world. The attention-starved dooshbag would implode in a matter of hours.

• Like 6

So my sister sends me a picture today. It's a picture of her truck, in front of The Home Depot, and it's filled with a bathroom cabinet, shower stall, etc. Twas no surprise, as she and the hubby recently bought a farm house which needed some remodeling.

She asks me, "Guess what we did today?"

I answered, "You're protesting/looting at The Home Depot?"

She says, "Nope. Try again!"

I type, "You're hoarding bathroom fixtures and selling them on Ebay?"

She says, "Nope again! Our bathroom is being remodeled, starting tomorrow!"

:facepalm: :facepalm: I replied, "That was going to be my next guess...."

I worry about her sometimes.....

• Like 2

So my sister sends me a picture today. It's a picture of her truck, in front of The Home Depot, and it's filled with a bathroom cabinet, shower stall, etc. Twas no surprise, as she and the hubby recently bought a farm house which needed some remodeling.

She asks me, "Guess what we did today?"

I answered, "You're protesting/looting at The Home Depot?"

She says, "Nope. Try again!"

I type, "You're hoarding bathroom fixtures and selling them on Ebay?"

She says, "Nope again! Our bathroom is being remodeled, starting tomorrow!"

:facepalm: :facepalm: I replied, "That was going to be my next guess...."

I worry about her sometimes.....

She's confused about the new reality. She needs to watch more CNN.

I went to work at 4:00 am this morning, like I do every morning. On the door was a sign that read,

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, all early morning associates are to start at 7:00 am. We apologize for the inconvenience...blah blah blah...."

All the glass entrance/exit doors are barricaded on the inside with pallets of bottled water. Even the vendor delivery door in back is barricaded. My guess is that some Sam's Club stores have been hit by the rioting & looting, and the Company gave the barricade order to all stores everywhere.

My town hasn't had any trouble. The protests have been very tame, and there has been no rioting or looting at all. :huh:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

I went to work at 4:00 am this morning, like I do every morning. On the door was a sign that read,

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, all early morning associates are to start at 7:00 am. We apologize for the inconvenience...blah blah blah...."

All the glass entrance/exit doors are barricaded on the inside with pallets of bottled water. Even the vendor delivery door in back is barricaded. My guess is that some Sam's Club stores have been hit by the rioting & looting, and the Company gave the barricade order to all stores everywhere.

My town hasn't had any trouble. The protests have been very tame, and there has been no rioting or looting at all. :huh:

We had big blowup Saturday here, some cars burned in downtown but nothing in the county. City issues a curfew and our local grocery store closed up. People are tense but things have calmed down a bit. We did get on the national news with a nut who showed up with a bow and arrow to shoot protestors! :16ton: He got roughed up and his car torched for good measure. Crazy times :huh:

• Like 5

My gym opens back up this Monday with some (strong) requests which might as well be rules: (1) social distance...despite most of the fitness machines being literally 3 inches apart, (2) wear a mask...As is, I wear a mask everywhere in public at all times except there’s no way in hell I can exercise with a mask on and breathe properly.

Looks like my gym days will have to be postponed even longer...unless I’m okay with suffocating while keeping fit.

• Like 2

Drew Brees caused me to facepalm today.

His initial speech, the lame apology for the speech, or both ? :LOL:

• Like 3

The Los Angeles Galaxy (soccer) released a player, Aleksandar Katai, because his wife apparently made some nasty comments on social media.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

https://www.yahoo.co...-180553788.html

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

And Jake Fromm, former QB of the U. of Georgia and now a draftee of the Buffalo Bills made Drew Brees' comments look positively enlightened when he said "only elite white people should own guns". That is not a paraphrase.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 4

Drew Brees caused me to facepalm today.

Krist Novoselic as well. Turns out HE’S the one who likes the pretty sounds but don’t know what it means. Kurt is spinning in his grave and Grohl needs to snap him out of it. Axl, Tommy Lee and Sebastian Bach are on the right side and Krist, Morrissey and Billy Corgan (hasn’t voted since 1992 btw) are out of their minds.

OqMm17h.jpg

• Like 1