What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

A pre-algebra student challenging me that he should have an A in math, yet not understanding that completing only three of four assignments results in a grade of 75%.

Maybe the student should be in pre-pre-Algebra . . .

How The Greater Part of the U.S.A. populaion is being led by our media stations by the nose about this virus and its treatment or NON treatment...

2hxA9TD.gif

Friends of my wife's on Facebook thinking COVID-19 is a Chinese bio-weapon and the WHO is part of the cover-up.

Why is it more comforting to believe convoluted explanations than the simple ones?

• Like 1

Last evening Osaka prefecture decided to follow Tokyo’s footsteps in keeping schools closed until May. This morning, Osaka prefecture decided to reopen the schools on a limited basis. For example, for 3 grades (high school freshmen, sophomores, seniors) only one would be at the school at a time. And that grade would be split in half, morning and afternoon sessions. And the actual classes would be split in half —> 20 students to allow for their perception of social distancing. That’s 20 kids in a class and 180 kids at school at a time. Add about 70 or so teachers and staff and you’ve got a total of 250+ in the building. It’s safe!!! Yeah uh huh. Oh, and the classes would be ‘special’ and not exactly follow the curriculum due to the situation. It means there’ll be some self-study involved in the classes. If it’s a lot of self-study then why the f**k are they even coming back?!! Stay the f**k home!!! What kind of decision making is this?!

This country couldn’t be any more embarrassing these days.

Sorry to hear about this. You'd think that there would be stricter guidelines/rules/whatever just due to your proximity to Wuhan. Hang in there.

At least you're not in Cambodia. Those poor bastards are f*cked. From denial to disaster.

Less than 24 hours before the entrance ceremony for freshmen, they canceled all classes and school clubs. In addition, no students are permitted on campus for whatsoever reason until the second week of May. Finally some sensible choices! But these weren’t the choices of Prime Minister Abe, Osaka’s governor, or even the prefectural Board of Education. Depending on which entity we’re talking about, they can’t OR don’t make that kind of decision. Essentially, my school principal decided. All the work they created for themselves over the previous couple of weeks due to the plan to have limited classes was scrapped due to the canceling of everything. It’s not nothing but it IS the better choice to postpone all lessons and school activities.

[side note: Residents are still going anywhere despite what the news reports. If it’s open, they’ll go. Some businesses are (wisely) voluntarily closing temporarily. Kids gather by the dozens in parks and are having a grand old time. I pass them every day when I go home. Japan’s still in denial by many despite the number of cases increasing on a daily basis...5 times the amount yesterday compared to just last Friday.]

Yes, countries like Cambodia would be totally f***ed on multiple levels.

What does this all mean to you in regards to your past decision to retire abroad, specifically Cambodia?

Well, Cambodia year-round would be a bad idea. I could see spending a few months there every year or so, but their gov't is retarded and would drive me nuts if I lived there full-time. The last time I was there pretty much put me off any idea of residency. Things are a little volatile with the current/ongoing gov't. Sigh.

4weqQM2zUc_1421608694286.jpg

They sure seem to be in for a helluva mess re: C-19. At first they denied it was there, then blamed a handful of foreigners (tourists), then started arresting people who were trying to get info out, and now they have to finally admit that it's happening.

I hear that Japan has finally declared a state of emergency. :cheers: Hang in there, and stay safe!

Dumbass anti vax Karens and they really need to seek help if they believe Target shopping is the end all be all of fun. Stick to watching your trash reality tv at home you empathy lacking bimbos.

http:// https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8221923/Friends-called-selfish-stupid-taking-one-hour-stroll-Target-fun.html

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Last evening Osaka prefecture decided to follow Tokyo’s footsteps in keeping schools closed until May. This morning, Osaka prefecture decided to reopen the schools on a limited basis. For example, for 3 grades (high school freshmen, sophomores, seniors) only one would be at the school at a time. And that grade would be split in half, morning and afternoon sessions. And the actual classes would be split in half —> 20 students to allow for their perception of social distancing. That’s 20 kids in a class and 180 kids at school at a time. Add about 70 or so teachers and staff and you’ve got a total of 250+ in the building. It’s safe!!! Yeah uh huh. Oh, and the classes would be ‘special’ and not exactly follow the curriculum due to the situation. It means there’ll be some self-study involved in the classes. If it’s a lot of self-study then why the f**k are they even coming back?!! Stay the f**k home!!! What kind of decision making is this?!

This country couldn’t be any more embarrassing these days.

Sorry to hear about this. You'd think that there would be stricter guidelines/rules/whatever just due to your proximity to Wuhan. Hang in there.

At least you're not in Cambodia. Those poor bastards are f*cked. From denial to disaster.

Less than 24 hours before the entrance ceremony for freshmen, they canceled all classes and school clubs. In addition, no students are permitted on campus for whatsoever reason until the second week of May. Finally some sensible choices! But these weren’t the choices of Prime Minister Abe, Osaka’s governor, or even the prefectural Board of Education. Depending on which entity we’re talking about, they can’t OR don’t make that kind of decision. Essentially, my school principal decided. All the work they created for themselves over the previous couple of weeks due to the plan to have limited classes was scrapped due to the canceling of everything. It’s not nothing but it IS the better choice to postpone all lessons and school activities.

[side note: Residents are still going anywhere despite what the news reports. If it’s open, they’ll go. Some businesses are (wisely) voluntarily closing temporarily. Kids gather by the dozens in parks and are having a grand old time. I pass them every day when I go home. Japan’s still in denial by many despite the number of cases increasing on a daily basis...5 times the amount yesterday compared to just last Friday.]

Yes, countries like Cambodia would be totally f***ed on multiple levels.

What does this all mean to you in regards to your past decision to retire abroad, specifically Cambodia?

Well, Cambodia year-round would be a bad idea. I could see spending a few months there every year or so, but their gov't is retarded and would drive me nuts if I lived there full-time. The last time I was there pretty much put me off any idea of residency. Things are a little volatile with the current/ongoing gov't. Sigh.

4weqQM2zUc_1421608694286.jpg

They sure seem to be in for a helluva mess re: C-19. At first they denied it was there, then blamed a handful of foreigners (tourists), then started arresting people who were trying to get info out, and now they have to finally admit that it's happening.

I hear that Japan has finally declared a state of emergency. :cheers: Hang in there, and stay safe!

Last week prime minister Abe declared a state of emergency for 7 prefectures. That didn't seem to stick as businesses and everyday citizens still mostly did whatever they wanted. A big reason for that is because there are no penalties for not following any government requests or guidelines. One high level official was quoted as saying (almost verbatim): "In order for the request to be followed, we are counting on peer pressure and respect for authority." It didn't work as case numbers and deaths both increased, even doubled and then some.

Hokkaido "ordered" a second state of emergency just this week because their first one (not included in Abe's 7 prefectures) didn't stick either.

This week Abe called for a nationwide state of emergency instead of just his original 7 prefectures. There are 47 total prefectures and some of the 40 which weren't originally included had more covid-19 cases than some of the 7 that were.

One of the more idiotic things Abe did was post a video of himself at his home sipping tea and lounging with his dog (nice touch). I guess he/they wanted to show how social isolation is done?! Must be nice to be the boss and have the luxury of staying home free from monetary and job concerns. t**t.

• Like 1

Based on advice of his dear leader, FL Governor Ron DeSantis is allowing local municipalities to reopen the beaches. Duval County (Jacksonville) already did, Miami-Dade county to decide tomorrow. No word yet here in Broward. Lovely, spring breakers taking an extra souvenir home.
  • Like 1

Based on advice of his dear leader, FL Governor Ron DeSantis is allowing local municipalities to reopen the beaches. Duval County (Jacksonville) already did, Miami-Dade county to decide tomorrow. No word yet here in Broward. Lovely, spring breakers taking an extra souvenir home.

Huntington and now Encinatas this weekend. It’s because of them it will take longer for me and others in SoCal to go to work because of their arrogant and stubborn anti science and pro “school of hard alternative facts knocks” BS. Darwin, hurry up.

• Like 1

Dumbass anti vax Karens and they really need to seek help if they believe Target shopping is the end all be all of fun. Stick to watching your trash reality tv at home you empathy lacking bimbos.

https://www.dailymai...Target-fun.html

Hey, not all Karens are dumb asses! Who came up with that insult? I know some really smart Karens :coy:. I don't get how the protesters can say they have a right to infect other people just so they can get stupid stuff at Target.

Love how some nurses in Denver stood up to the screaming meemies.

http://www.dailykos....campaign=recent

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

Hey, not all Karens are dumb asses! Who came up with that insult? I know some really smart Karens :coy:. I don't get how the protesters can say they have a right to infect other people just so they can get stupid stuff at Target.

Yeah, Karen (Mrs. Bear) is pretty smart!

in other news, Miami-Dade county opting to not reopen the beaches. Likely neither will Broward and Palm Beach counties.

• Like 2

A student turning in an outline explaining why she does not need another English class in which she misspelled twenty-seven words (I counted) and twice used "E" after "B" in her pattern.
  • Like 2

Reading some of the moronic things people believe regarding the Coronavirus and Bill Gates.

That's good comedy though which you can't put a price on.

The best comedy of late is the twitter meltdown of the lead singer of Trapt. For someone headstrong, that broflake sure blocks a lot of people. :LOL:

http:// https://www.vox.com/2020/2/5/21079162/karen-name-insult-meme-manager

Basically, it’s the origin of the meme. Apparently, Chad and Kyle are the male equivalent. She’s not the first dumb Karen.

Apparently, Tropic Thunder is trending on Twitter because neoliberal millennial snowflakes don’t understand the context of of satire regarding Robert Downey Jr. in blackface. These are the kind of people who believe a Pepsi commercial with Kendall Jenner is “deep.” Don’t be so woke that your brain falls out. Wait until they see old Mel Brooks movies and South Park.

You might as well say they went full...

A student turning in an outline explaining why she does not need another English class in which she misspelled twenty-seven words (I counted) and twice used "E" after "B" in her pattern.

:LOL:

A 79-year old man is dead in my town because he parked too close to some guy in a home improvement store parking lot.

Disagreement → argument → fisticuffs → death from injuries.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 1

https://www.vox.com/2020/2/5/21079162/karen-name-insult-meme-manager

Basically, it’s the origin of the meme. Apparently, Chad and Kyle are the male equivalent. She’s not the first dumb Karen.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0PpEoKHlO0[/media]

Ok I'll stick with Dumbass anti vax bimbos. :laughing guy:

How about the guy who wore a KKK hood as a mask to a grocery store in California? This is truly stupid and wrong. At least the workers at the store made him take it off :16ton:
  • Like 2

A nonprofit group caught up in an embezzlement scheme in Mississippi used federal welfare money to pay former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre $1.1 million for multiple speaking engagements, but Favre did not show up for the events, the state auditor said Monday.

Details about payments to Favre are included in an audit of the Mississippi Department of Human Services. State Auditor Shad White said his employees identified $94 million in questionable spending by the agency, including payments for sports activities with no clear connection to helping needy people in one of the poorest states of the U.S.

The audit was released months after a former Human Services director and five other people were indicted on state charges of embezzling about $4 million. They have pleaded not guilty and are awaiting trial in what White has called one of Mississippi’s largest public corruption cases in decades.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

"Sometimes, trouble just follows a man." - Josey Wales (and Brett Favre)

• Like 1

How about the guy who wore a KKK hood as a mask to a grocery store in California? This is truly stupid and wrong. At least the workers at the store made him take it off :16ton:

I hate Cali nazis.

D3z9Uv6.jpg

Looked at why Martin Luther Kim is trending on Twitter. I thought POTUS COVIDIOT was kissing Kim Jong’s ass but it’s even worse. A Kim with a big ass married to an ass. Last thing I need is virtue signaling from that phony family. Remember that Pepsi commercial?

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3