What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

Christ, what a f*cking clown.

How bad is it? We keep searching for worse and worse descriptors for him, just for accuracy's sake.

• Like 5

Christ, what a f*cking clown.

How bad is it? We keep searching for worse and worse descriptors for him, just for accuracy's sake.

It's incredibly disturbing, but I try not to pay too much attention anymore as it's just too depressing. It's like a Vonnegut novel run amok.

bd71772c53ebb84831717ff0323128bd.jpg

• Like 2

So, I'll be teaching 6-8 math next year so I'm going through the materials for 6th grade. The second unit is around solving real problems using rational numbers. Here's one of the "real" problems...

A farmer is building a fence to create a corral... (ok, gotcha so far...)

The dimensions of this corral will be 120 1/2 feet by 66 1/4 feet... (wait, what? Not just 120 by 66? Better yet, how about 64 feet?)

The farmer decided to use 8 1/2 foot planks to build the fence railings... (hold on. Eight and a half feet? Not eight, ten or twelve...?)

He ordered 130 boards. Did he order enough? (The farmer ordered boards before calculating what he needed? And he didn't purposefully order extra?)

:facepalm: who writes these?

• Like 2

The farmer decided to use 8 1/2 foot planks to build the fence railings...

So the planks are 6" long, and he bought 8 of them? ;)

• Like 1

The farmer decided to use 8 1/2 foot planks to build the fence railings...

So the planks are 6" long, and he bought 8 of them? ;)

lol

Watching all the Apollo 11 documentaries this week has been wonderful.

Then I go to YouTube and put on the videos of the July 1969 live broadcasts, and the comments below the videos are polluted with deniers.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 2

So, I'll be teaching 6-8 math next year so I'm going through the materials for 6th grade. The second unit is around solving real problems using rational numbers. Here's one of the "real" problems...

The dimensions of this corral will be 120 1/2 feet by 66 1/4 feet... (wait, what? Not just 120 by 66? Better yet, how about 64 feet?)

The farmer decided to use 8 1/2 foot planks to build the fence railings... (hold on. Eight and a half feet? Not eight, ten or twelve...?)

He ordered 130 boards. Did he order enough? (The farmer ordered boards before calculating what he needed? And he didn't purposefully order extra?)

The “real” problem is the person who writes that crap!

• Like 1

All of that for a yes/no question? :wtf:

lol

Then I go to YouTube and put on the videos of the July 1969 live broadcasts, and the comments below the videos are polluted with deniers.

Back in the day, we'd refer to this phenomenon as "creeping retardation," but that doesn't fly anymore, so let's just say "rampant retardation."

Back in the day, we'd refer to this phenomenon as "creeping retardation," but that doesn't fly anymore, so let's just say "rampant retardation."

Dysfunctional children with oppositional defiant disorder. They're desperate to rebel against an authority figure - in this case, NASA.

• Like 2

Dysfunctional children with oppositional defiant disorder. They're desperate to rebel against an authority figure - in this case, NASA.

Of course you know that the momentum for these conspiracy theories comes from people our age (*40 and above).

Of course you know that the momentum for these conspiracy theories comes from people our age (*40 and above).

I know it all too well. When I say "dysfunctional children", I'm referring to "children of all ages", to coin a phrase. The Apollo hoax delusion began in the 70's, and was created by middle-aged men.

I know it all too well. When I say "dysfunctional children", I'm referring to "children of all ages", to coin a phrase. The Apollo hoax delusion began in the 70's, and was created by middle-aged men.

It's disturbing. I have a millennial distant relative who firmly believes the "9/11 was a hoax"

thing. What's wrong with people? A friend's sister was on the Flight that crashed in Pennsylvania. We went to visit the site and they were still clearing wreckage. :(

Anyway, at family reunions we stay far away from those type of topics. . . .:o

• Like 2

It's disturbing. I have a millennial distant relative who firmly believes the "9/11 was a hoax"

thing. What's wrong with people? A friend's sister was on the Flight that crashed in Pennsylvania. We went to visit the site and they were still clearing wreckage. :(

Anyway, at family reunions we stay far away from those type of topics. . . . :o

There is at least one crackpot right here on TRF who believes that. Sad.

• Like 2

Reading that Travis Barker named his daughter, Alabama. What kind of person does that?

Narcissists who see their kids as toys.

Reading that Travis Barker named his daughter, Alabama. What kind of person does that?

I believe Chris Martin named his kid Apple.

I believe Chris Martin named his kid Apple.

Nicholas Cage named his boy Kal-El.

The Zappa family beats everyone in this crazy game..... :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Bj3PdzH.jpgb6iwAAh.jpg

We're going to take care of it.

-- The Tweeting, Golfing, Something Something In Chief

http://rlv.zcache.com/uncle_sam_facepalm_stickers-r6aeae347995147aa9854ac8749542a7b_v9wf3_8byvr_324.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

All of that for a yes/no question? :wtf:

lol

inorite?!? Edited by goose