What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

The newly-hired Chief of my city's Fire Department, who has been on the job for less than a year, is on administrative leave.

Speeding and drunk driving.

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/picard1.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

Our county's treasurer is under investigation by the state police for 'accounting irregularities'. Among the tidbits...

1. putting county money into a tax foreclosed home and then 'donating' it to a 'charity' run by one of the commissioner's mother.

2. selling parcels to her church for a buck that were valued at much higher.

3. having someone in her office pay for contractor's supplies using the county credit card of a retired (and now deceased) former employee (and forging his signature).

4. paying for contractors supplies with county funds so the contractors would avoid paying state sales tax.

...and on and on.

Yeah...treasurer....you know the trustworthy one that handles all the bucks? Geebsus Krist.

:facepalm:

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 3

The two

city officials in this thread have "ENTITLEMENT" Written all over their faces. All you have to do is actually READ Social sites to be overcome with the NEED to PALM SMACK these days....On Colbert last night, there was a story of a Policeman tasked with giving a Sobriety class, and he was DRUNK. Wow....I Try to give folks the benefit of the doubt, but they come right back and hit me in the FACE with it.

nEGgleK.jpg

• Like 1

I saw Snatched today.

Yeah, Goldie Hawn’s first movie in a decade and a half. Just one of many recent lame comedies I’ve seen. From Private Benjamin, House Sitter and Foul Play to this!?

and how could you forget Overboard and that sweaty carpenter?

Waking up and finding NOTHING has changed. %5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/YkArGML.gif[/img]

37uog3w.gif

• Like 1

My last avatar was of Idiocracy for a reason. I’ve been facepalming for the past 5-10 years.

:LOL:

Watching the world go by through the slightly open fingers of a permanent facepalm. I can relate.

I went to YouTube to check out the new teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode IX. The comments below are filled with people saying that they won't be watching, that they aren't interested, that they quit the Saga long ago, etc.

Yet those people are still right there, watching ..... :facepalm: :facepalm:

[

The newly-hired Chief of my city's Fire Department, who has been on the job for less than a year, is on administrative leave.

What's so wrong with that? He was probably rushing to put out a fire and was drinking beer to put the fire out with a la Bob Mackenzie in Strange Brew.

Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 1

[

What's so wrong with that? He was probably rushing to put out a fire and was drinking beer to put the fire out with a la Bob Mackenzie in Strange Brew.

What about beer in the hose?

• Like 2

That Gabe Morales was ever hired to umpire anything more advanced than a Minor B Little League game.
  • Like 1

Tim Evans, the face of the Trivago commercials on tv, gets popped for DUI in Houston.

DUI happens...

Y5kEZ0S.gif

Planning to road trip for Easter next weekend - looking like rain up and down the East Coast. Don't want to deal with it. Thinking about maybe staying home.

I am giving myself a large :facepalm: for trying to partake in the YouTube comments sections.

What a mess. It's 95% children, trolls and other assorted illiterate and dysfunctional people.

Shame on me for trying to have real conversations there. :facepalm:

• Like 3

I am giving myself a large :facepalm: for trying to partake in the YouTube comments sections.

What a mess. It's 95% children, trolls and other assorted illiterate and dysfunctional people.

Shame on me for trying to have real conversations there. :facepalm:

Twitter and Facebook as well. Explains my cat sig.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/jaden-smith-play-alternate-reality-kanye-west-showtime-series-830225/

A douchebag playing a douchebag. No thanks.

• Like 1

Waiting for a parking spot at the grocery store. Their reverse lights are on, so I think I'm good. They will pull out any second now, right? Wrong! Two minutes later I give up and move on. Of course, in my rear view mirror, I see them pulling out as I'm pulling away :facepalm:
  • Like 3

Waiting for a parking spot at the grocery store. Their reverse lights are on, so I think I'm good. They will pull out any second now, right? Wrong! Two minutes later I give up and move on. Of course, in my rear view mirror, I see them pulling out as I'm pulling away :facepalm:

They did that on purpose!

GNo5Obt.gif

• Like 3

When I got to the tire store and realized, with the help of one of the "associates", that the 16" tires I wanted won't fit on the 17" rims on the car. I was so concerned with the width and aspect ratio that I completely forgot about the diameter. DOH!

Luckily they had plenty in the right size to choose from so got some Falkens instead of Continentals. Of course, being a little larger, they were also a little more expensive. Oh well.

• Like 1