New Don Felder song 'Charmed' featuring Alex Lifeson

RushFanForever

Don Felder's new album 'American Rock N' Roll' was released today (April 5th) on BMG.

According to a press release post on January 25 here, it mentions the following regarding Felder's new song 'Charmed':

2. CHARMED

Don Felder Lead Vocals, Background Vocals and Electric Guitars

Special Guest Alex Lifeson Acoustic Rhythm on Bridge and Electric Guitar End Solo

Nathan East Bass

Lenny Castro Percussions

Timothy Drury Background Vocals

Mike Finnigan Hammond B3 Organ

Robin DiMaggio Drums

The song was posted yesterday and can be heard below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au_0Ri3De2M

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Unfortunately does nothing for me,both song and Alex solo.However both Don and Alex own white Gibson double necks and I notice he has a song called Limelight but not that one
  • Like 1

In a sense is awful to see Alex put out to pasture like this instead of being at centre of new Rush projects but gotta be glad he alive and well, apparently happy and still keeping his hand in

Alex is certainly keeping busy and adapting to various artists and styles.Just hope he doesn’t end up on a gangster rap CD.

Alex is certainly keeping busy and adapting to various artists and styles.Just hope he doesn’t end up on a gangster rap CD.

I bet it could be one of these guys Alex collaborates with.

Geddy Lee, Chuck D, Neil Peart and Alex Lifeson

Darryl McDaniels and Geddy Lee

Geddy Lee, Snoop Dog, Alex Lifeson

Edited by RushFanForever

Unfortunately does nothing for me,both song and Alex solo.However both Don and Alex own white Gibson double necks and I notice he has a song called Limelight but not that one

HAHAHA!

I bought the cd just because of the cover.

White double necks turn me on.

Don't forget about Claudio Sanchez from Coheed And Cambria. Sad most on here hate that band. But yes. Snobs live here.

I liked the Felder record but had no clue about Alex on a solo.

Wonderful.

A second listen will happen.

Tonight.

Don Felder explains in this recent interview below how Alex Lifeson was a guest performer on 'Charmed'. This begins at around the 19:00 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9XN-HvocUk

RUSHHEAD666 regarding your comment about buying the album for the cover; Felder explains that the artwork was inspired by a painting owned by Elton John's lyricist Bernie Taupin.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

Don Felder's new album 'American Rock N' Roll' was released today (April 5th) on BMG.

According to a press release post on January 25 here, it mentions the following regarding Felder's new song 'Charmed':

2. CHARMED

Special Guest Alex Lifeson Acoustic Rhythm on Bridge and Electric Guitar End Solo

Nathan East Bass

Lenny Castro Percussions

Robin DiMaggio Drums

I fast-forwarded to the outro. It ain't just Alex there, Felder (I assume) also drops some licks. Alex is stereo right and the other guitarist is on the left.

2. CHARMED

Nathan East Bass

Lenny Castro Percussions

Robin DiMaggio Drums

I fast-forwarded to the outro. It ain't just Alex there, Felder (I assume) also drops some licks. Alex is stereo right and the other guitarist is on the left.

I'm selling this cd to my local used record store this weekend. Junk

The album cover is a serious cock rock tease.

Damn white double neck.

Signed,

Alex Lifeson and Claudio Sanchez

Coheed And Cambria are EMO?

Whoever labeled them that are complete fuckking morons.

"Welcome Home"

"Charmed" sounds like a new shitty TESLA track on their new album produced by Phil Collen.

I wish I was DEAF LEPPARD.

Really? A song about a new Ferrari and a mansion?

Such intellectual lyrics.

Give me "Life's Been Good" anyfukkinday.

Signed,

Joe Walsh

A recent interview from Music Life Magazine with Don Felder discussing Alex Lifeson's contribution in more detail here.

The money shot:

One of the guests to perform on the album brought a bit of Canadiana to what is an album celebrating the best of American rock music, as Felder enlisted Rush axe-master Alex Lifeson to play on the song Charmed.

“I actually met [Rush drummer] Neil Peart before I met Alex. Neil’s little girl and my little boy actually went to the same preschool together, so we became friends and went to dinner and he would come to birthday parties at my house and school events and just hang out. About two and a half years ago he came to a birthday party and I asked him to get up and play. I had my road band with me and Stephen Stills also came and did a set with me; it was just a fun jam at my house. But Neil said, ‘I’ve quit playing.’ I said, ‘what?’ He said, ‘I quit playing. It’s just too hard physically for me to do what I have to do to maintain the level of my performance at my age. I can’t do that, and I can’t go onstage and play at less than what I think is the best I can do.’ I had the ultimate amount of respect for that, but it just broke my heart to hear him telling me that he was done playing music,” said Felder.

“About a year or so later I was playing in this golf event for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital and Alex was there and we ended up playing together. Afterwards, he jammed with me on some stuff and we played a soundcheck together and I think we played Pride and Joy as a matter of fact, where we traded off guitars. Backstage I took this goofy picture of the two of us playing my white double-neck with each of us playing one of the necks. He’s such a nice guy and I realized as I was making this record that since Alex is not working regularly – he is probably just playing a lot of golf – he probably would be very interested in jumping on this record if I reached out to him.

“And indeed, he was very excited. He was up in Canada and I sent him some stuff for him to play to and he got back to me asking what I wanted him to do. He went in and in a very tasteful way played acoustic guitar on the bridge of Charmed and did some great guitar solos on the end and sent it back and we did a little digital editing where I overdubbed on top of it so it sounds like we’re actually trading off lines at the very end of it. The very last line that he played was very cool, so I figured out the harmony for it and played harmony on top. It was a fun couple of days for him and a fun couple of days for me. I wish we could have been in the same room. And I loved the way he plays, I love his work, he is just a super sweet guy. I haven’t met a Canadian that I don’t like, basically.”

• Like 1