Mick Jagger

Lorraine

Mick has always appeared to be a very healthy and fit man. The way he can still work the stage is proof of that. I can't recall them ever having to postpone a tour before because of something like this though. I'm sure it was something that was caught early. Mick had a kid just a couple years ago. He's obviously built differently than the rest of us. I believe he'll be fine.

The more surprising news is that it wasn't Keith who needed the heart operation.

• Like 4

I didn't know he had heart problems. Says the tour was postponed for heart surgery to replace a valve.

https://www.msn.com/...ID=ansmsnnews11

I'm not sure if he knew, either. I read somewhere else that it was discovered during a routine pre-tour exam for insurance; that he wasn't aware of it before. My hat's off to him for trying to get back out on tour this summer. Depending on what type of valve surgery he has, I guess recovery could take quite a while. I wish him the best!

I hope he pulls through. Anything can happen, but I'm sure he has the best doctors money can afford.

Oh, so he has Dr. Treeduck? What could go wrong?

Yes and he told me the "No Filter" tour name is to remind him why he's here.

• Like 1

Yes this was discovered in the pre tour medical check up for the insurance company. He says he feels great and they are already saying the tour could start in July. Amazing they have lasted this long. The Stones are my favourite band of all time. I have been a fan for almost 50 years. I took my mother to see them before she died, and I had 4 tickets for the Washington concert on this tour, so that my kids could see them live. Pretty cool inter generational musical journey. It is going to cost me a fair bit due to flight cancellations etc, but I hope that I can still make the family trip happen this summer.
  • Like 4

I hope he pulls through. Anything can happen, but I'm sure he has the best doctors money can afford.

Oh, so he has Dr. Treeduck? What could go wrong?

Yes and he told me the "No Filter" tour name is to remind him why he's here.

Whatever you do, don't tell him you will be playing death metal during the operation.

• Like 1

Yes this was discovered in the pre tour medical check up for the insurance company. He says he feels great and they are already saying the tour could start in July. Amazing they have lasted this long. The Stones are my favourite band of all time. I have been a fan for almost 50 years. I took my mother to see them before she died, and I had 4 tickets for the Washington concert on this tour, so that my kids could see them live. Pretty cool inter generational musical journey. It is going to cost me a fair bit due to flight cancellations etc, but I hope that I can still make the family trip happen this summer.

I still remember riding in the car with my father and hearing Satisfaction for the first time on the radio. I think I was about 10.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this recent, Custom? This man puts me to shame. He's 10 years older than me. If I moved like that, I wouldn't be able to move well again for at least a week.

EDIT: Never mind. I see it is from 2015 which would have made him 71. Doesn't matter. He could do at 71 what I still could no longer do at 61,

And Keith is a lot like Jimmy Page. That either one is still alive is a miracle. Keith still is in good shape too. How did these men do it after leading lives of excess for decades? Maybe I should have stayed a boozer and a drugger and a smoker too. :unsure:

Edited by Lorraine

I hope Mick comes out of this in okay... I don't care about the music, just for him as a guy. I always liked him.

On another note, one I'll probably get torn apart over, I really hope bands like the Stones, Van Halen and Kiss (just naming a few obvious ones) would STOP playing live. They sound horrible. This is one of the reasons I'm glad Rush stopped... they went out when they still sounded good and not like an over priced bar band.

If you don't believe me, find a concert video of the Stones (or VH or Kiss) from the last few years or so. Turn off the video and LISTEN only. Why people pay money for this, I'll never know.

My last Stones show ( crappy iphone video )... Cannot wait for the next !!!!

I've traveled the world to see this band. :heart:

http://youtu.be/RveXhHCFApo

I forgot you went to this show. That was the first time they played here since 1997. Looks like your seats were on the opposite side of mine. My recent praise of Jagger's stage work and how he still has it all stems from this show.

• Like 2

I've only seen the Stones once. The Steel Wheels tour, at Shea Stadium. Living Color opened and were fantastic.

But Mick was the show for me. The way he sang, danced and moved. Climbing the rigging, walking on his hands.

Best frontman ever. Even Bono took notes from Mick.

• Like 4