Jon Anderson of YES discusses Geddy in new video interview

RushFanForever

The video clip with Jon mentioning Geddy was a happy accident to find.

This all started when I was browsing Loudersound and I came across this piece with Jon Anderson here.

I wanted to find out more about the 'Makes Me Happy' song he wrote. That's where the interview came up that I stumbled upon.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 4

Awww, thanks for posting this. I loved it!!!!

Chris Squire - remember the time Zumbi asked his wife when she was in the chat room here why her husband couldn't play bass as well as Geddy???? :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

It made me sad though to hear her say "Geddy Lee is available."

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I LOVE JON. What a special musician... well, at least to me.

One of the hilights of my concert going career was YES at MSG 2005. I was down there in the first few rows.

The audience blew YES off the stage. About 2:45 into the video.

Jon was overwhelmed with our response.

http://youtu.be/OXLN6nREpzQ

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Custom, you and Cat and some others here have so many memories when it comes to concerts that go back so many decades. You've seen so many bands.

Thanks for sharing this video. :) It sounds like they were singing along in the beginning with Jon too. Put a big smile on my face.

I wanted to clap at the end too!!!

I LOVE JON. What a special musician... well, at least to me.

One of the hilights of my concert going career was YES at MSG 2005. I was down there in the first few rows.

The audience blew YES off the stage. About 2:45 into the video.

Jon was overwhelmed with our response.

http://youtu.be/OXLN6nREpzQ

I think you saw them in 2004.

A new band called Yesh...

... feat. Geddy (bored to death) :LOL:

Seriously, Geddy is a bass monster, still a great singer, keyboard player, fantastic arranger and much more. I don't think he would be happy in the role of a Chris Squire (R.I.P.) remembrance act.

• Like 1

I heard Jon Anderson in a theater show in England from last fall... with Lou Molino on drums, Rick Wakeman (I think)... Google it. Jon sounded great. I think he's about 74 or 75??? I'd be happy if I can just breathe at that age, never mind sing.

Posted via Ultimate Guitar today.

Jon Anderson Recalls What It Was Like Having 'Nervous' Geddy Lee as Guest Onstage at Rock Hall Induction, Talks Definite Yes Album

During an appearance on Talkin' Rock With Meltdown, classic Yes vocalist Jon Anderson talked about the band's 2017 Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame induction.

The show featured a special guest appearance by Rush bassist Geddy Lee, who took the position of the late Chris Squire.

Asked about Geddy saying he was quite nervous about the performance, Jon replied (transcribed by UG):

"He didn't seem like it, he was just playing great. And he's such a sweet guy, and that moment in my life was magical.

"Because, you know, you play in front of about 10,000 people, and everybody's there for another artist, of course, and you get on stage, develop a certain feeling, there you are, running about, and it sounded great, and Geddy Lee was brilliant."

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2