Game of Thrones Season 8! (Spoilers obviously)

Bigbobby10

They should have given Bran more emotional connection to the world, closer to what Max Von Sydow offered in his portrayal. As it stood he was so detached from any interest in humanity that he seems a poor choice as leader.

I accept that he's a good choice, and I imagine he played disconnected so that we wouldn't see the empathy he absolutely must have to lead well lest we expect him to lead.

But they made him too disconnected.

I like the surprise, though, and given Von Sydow's previous incarnation as the Three-Eyed Raven we know he has the empathy required.

• Like 1

I have a feeling there will be a sequel with these characters.

Tyrion's "ask me in 10 years" line. Plus, the open ended endings with Grey Worm, Arya, Jon in the North, etc.

I was wondering that about Jon and Arya as well. Aren't there supposed to be spinoff(s) already planned? I dunno.

Tyrion's "ask me in 10 years" line. Plus, the open ended endings with Grey Worm, Arya, Jon in the North, etc.

I was wondering that about Jon and Arya as well. Aren't there supposed to be spinoff(s) already planned? I dunno.

There are going to be prequels, I think George said this is the end though for the series.

• Like 1

There are going to be prequels, I think George said this is the end though for the series.

Prequel, yes. I can't see any sequels though, w/ any of the characters. By the time the prequel is over people will have moved on to something else. Best you could maaaaaybe hope for is a movie a la what they're doing w/ Deadwood.

• Like 1

I think the best choice for a prequel is Roberts rebellion, still have a lot of important characters that were in Game of Thrones, and with an interesting story.

Or maybe go with the books and do the Tales of Duncan the Tall and Egg, which takes place about 100 years before Game of Thrones.

You know, one of the most laughable things about the books and the films is the fact that there is thousands of years of history, yet mankind hasn't progressed beyond mediaeval technology, though I suppose that's a common theme in many fantasy series.

the show definitely ended with a whimper rather than a bang, though i imagine contractual and legal restraints meant they had to wind the series up quicker than the previous pacing indicated.

The biggest winner out of all of this is George R R Martin who now doesn't have to bother his arse writing any more of the books as he has coined it in all the way.

• Like 1

Total number of episodes watched =zer :ph34r: no hbo

Yeah, because there are no other ways to watch a show these days if you don't have the channel it airs on. Not once did I have HBO during this show's run and I have seen every episode. The last time I had HBO was when The Sopranos was on the air.

• Like 2

Yeah, because there are no other ways to watch a show these days if you don't have the channel it airs on. Not once did I have HBO during this show's run and I have seen every episode. The last time I had HBO was when The Sopranos was on the air.

i don't watch TV period anymore to watch shows i like. lol.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

There are still shows I watch on TV when they actually air. It might be an old school thing for many people but I still enjoy sitting on the couch watching something on the big TV screen.

• Like 1

Mick

There are still shows I watch on TV when they actually air. It might be an old school thing for many people but I still enjoy sitting on the couch watching something on the big TV screen.

You can still watch it on the big screen if you don't have the channel it airs on.

I think Bennioff and Weiss are brilliant show runners and not so good writers.

it's just been confirmed they are creating the next Star Wars trilogy. After this season of GOT, I am not optimistic.

Yeah. As if Star Wars couldn't get any f***ing worse.

At least these 2 f***ers sort of got Clegainebowl right. That's something I suppose.

I haven't got a clue what 'Clegainebowl' means.