Working Man R40 LA

Lorraine

Here's a video from the show shot by someone off to the side. It's not my favorite, but it gives a different view of it:

http://youtu.be/_GVxLMqtA4w

What a deadski audience up front. I'm assuming each person in front of them paid dearly for the privilege of being there. I'd at least be enthusiastic if it were me.

I'm trying to find my favorite video from that night. It's clear and you can see Geddy is visibly upset at the prospect that this. was. it.

Anyway, Alex played his heart out. :wub:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

What a deadski audience up front. I'm assuming each person in front of them paid dearly for the privilege of being there. I'd at least be enthusiastic if it were me.

What is wrong with them? Paralysed by awesomeness? "Careful mate. Don't risk spilling your beer just for this" :facepalm: Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

What is wrong them? Paralysed by awesomeness? "Careful mate. Don't risk spilling your beer just for this" :facepalm:

They look like they are waiting for a bus.

I do not know what is wrong with them, but it had to cost them a lot of $$$ for the upfront seat. Move a little at least. Smile. Look happy!! Do something!!!

• Like 1

Here it is. It's not as clear as the one I have on dvd. Looks like someone just put this one on youtube last year, and the one I have was taken right after the tour ended and was very clear and crisp. This one is a bit blurry. Anyway, watch until the end. My eyes still tear up when I see this.

http://youtu.be/DWcvOLXZwCQ

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Here it is. It's not as clear as the one I have on dvd. Looks like someone just put this one on youtube last year, and the one I have was taken right after the tour ended and was very clear and crisp. This one is a bit blurry. Anyway, watch until the end. My eyes still tear up when I see this.

It is obvious how differently they process this, and I guess that's because Alex and Neil were ready. Two guys look like this is a final blast and one like it's more emotional and he doesn't quite want to stop.
  • Like 1

It is obvious how differently they process this, and I guess that's because Alex and Neil were ready. Two guys look like this is a final blast and one like it's more emotional and he doesn't quite want to stop.

Geddy took it the hardest. In my opinion. I could be wrong.

• Like 1

I've never liked any live versions of Working Man. They always play it way too slow and sorry to say, but Geddy's singing is awful on most live versions. I don't like the way Neil plays it either. The studio version is a perfectly played and mixed hard rock song.

But, yes, Alex sure does play his ass off here!!!

Lorraine, the whole day was really something special. Excitement was all over the place (so thick you could cut it with a knife). The party started at the car park hours before showtime. Everybody was thankful and glad to be there, for one last hooray. It was an awesome experience to meet people from all over the world. Literally everybody just wanted to buy a beer for somebody else and talk about his Rush experiences. It was unbelievable!

So what happened right at the beginning of Working Man was that the whole mood started to overturn into a collective melancholy. Everybody knew that this is maybe the last song they play live together, and everybody tried to soak in the whole atmosphere. You could really feel that. After they left the stage the scenerio felt like being at a state funeral. The whole excitement and happiness was gone and everywhere you looked, you saw people crying or just sitting in their seats gazing into space. Everbody wanted to bring comfort to somebody and everybody wanted to get comfort from anybody. Group hugs all around... Totally unbelievable and likewise undescribable...

One of the best Rock'n'Roll trips I ever had!!! :rush:

• Like 3

Lorraine, the whole day was really something special. Excitement was all over the place (so thick you could cut it with a knife). The party started at the car park hours before showtime. Everybody was thankful and glad to be there, for one last hooray. It was an awesome experience to meet people from all over the world. Literally everybody just wanted to buy a beer for somebody else and talk about his Rush experiences. It was unbelievable!

So what happened right at the beginning of Working Man was that the whole mood started to overturn into a collective melancholy. Everybody knew that this is maybe the last song they play live together, and everybody tried to soak in the whole atmosphere. You could really feel that. After they left the stage the scenerio felt like being at a state funeral. The whole excitement and happiness was gone and everywhere you looked, you saw people crying or just sitting in their seats gazing into space. Everbody wanted to bring comfort to somebody and everybody wanted to get comfort from anybody. Group hugs all around... Totally unbelievable and likewise undescribable...

One of the best Rock'n'Roll trips I ever had!!! :rush:

No doubt, but you'd never know it from the faces. I'll watch it again though to see if I can catch a glimmer of emotion somewhere.

I know what you mean about not being able to put what you experienced into words. Words fall short so often in conveying gratitude towards someone or a particularly emotional experience that affected one deeply. I am glad, Grey, that you were given the opportunity to experience such magic in your life. What you experienced those few days in your long life will stay with you forever. :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine

here's the encore. Good angle and steady camera work and the most clear shots of the KISS cardboard stand up that I've seen.

the sound? I've heard worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffRftrZDaGU

sorry for not embedding - I haven't been able to figure that on this board

Delete the "s" and the video will show up. I had to learn how to do it too! :cheers:

• Like 1