Rush Tribute Bands

Thunder Bay Rush

The problem with Rush tribute bands, probably more so than others, is that it's not enough for the players to be good. The gear has to match too or the diehards have a conniption fit. My drummer and I noodle around with Rush songs all the time, but if we tried to do a gig on his 5-piece kit and my Beatle bass, people would think we sucked.

f**k that.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

That's why NY/NJ based Power Windows was so good...they played the songs pretty much note for note but they had such a good energy and vibe and their guitarist Zach wasn't just doing an imitation of Lifeson , he would put a little of his own spin on the solos and show some individual personality.

Exactly. They got it. They're one of a select few.

That's why NY/NJ based Power Windows was so good...they played the songs pretty much note for note but they had such a good energy and vibe and their guitarist Zach wasn't just doing an imitation of Lifeson , he would put a little of his own spin on the solos and show some individual personality.

I remember those guys fondly. Saw them for the first time at the Fore n Aft in White Plains NY in 1993. Zak is currently playing for Kansas.

• Like 1