Recent stuff Geddy and Alex have been up to !

blueschica

OK, I can't post the one of Alex playing Limelight this past weekend as I don't know how to get a video from Facebook and make it embed here . . I'll keep working on it!
  • Like 3

Geddy misses Rush. It must be very hard for him.

I think so, too. It sounds like Neil checked out at the end of R40 without having made it clear beforehand, and Alex still deals with medical issues, but Geddy seems younger than his age and still has a lot of energy.

• Like 2

I think so, too. It sounds like Neil checked out at the end of R40 without having made it clear beforehand, and Alex still deals with medical issues, but Geddy seems younger than his age and still has a lot of energy.

He misses performing and the excitement of it all. It must be hard for a person who has been doing it for 40+ to just stop. It's one thing if you hated every moment of it, but quite another when you didn't and you really didn't want to stop. Not yet, anyway.

They ought to just get Earl to play the drums for them and go back on the road.

• Like 3

He misses performing and the excitement of it all. It must be hard for a person who has been doing it for 40+ to just stop. It's one thing if you hated every moment of it, but quite another when you didn't and you really didn't want to stop. Not yet, anyway.

They ought to just get Earl to play the drums for them and go back on the road.

:ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 1

The news I want to hear is, "Alex called me up and told me to come over to listen to some musical ideas he's been working on. He told me to bring one of my basses." Edited by toymaker
  • Like 5

Not sure if everyone picked up on this bit from Geddy's recent interview with Classic Rock magazine (December 2018) posted here.

It's been three years since Rush walked off stage at the LA Forum in Inglewood. That afternoon, rumours had circulated around the London Hotel in Hollywood that for the first time Rush drummer Neil Peart had asked that his live drums be shipped back home after the show, as opposed to the band's storage space in Nashville. That night as Peart stepped off his drum riser at the end of the show and snuck up on his unsuspecting bandmates and hugged them, as opposed to fleeing into the wings, there was more than a little suggestion that the band's time was up.

These days Peart is enjoying some kind of splendid isolation at home in California, where he's said to be working on a book of his own.

Whether this potential book will be made available to the public, it's hard to say.

• Like 1

I get why he misses performing but I can't imagine he misses straining to sing for 3 hours every other night. He admitted recently he "can't sing Rush songs" anymore.

Where did you hear this?